"Scab-ful" Skinned 15 Year Old

lipkia2003 ย  ย 

When I was in 7th grade, I started to have a little bit of acne and I freaked and started picking and couldn't stop. Eventually, in the 9th grade, I stopped for a while, but then just recently I started again! And I don't know what to use on my "scab-ful" skin.

Hello @lipkia2003

ย 

Skin picking can be a sign of lots of other things. These are some tips to stop picking.

• keep your hands busy รขโ‚ฌโ€œ try squeezing a soft ball or putting on gloves
  • identify when and where you most commonly pick your skin and try to avoid these triggers
  • try to resist for longer and longer each time you feel the urge to pick
  • care for your skin when you get the urge to pick it รขโ‚ฌโ€œ for example, by applying moisturiser
  • tell other people รขโ‚ฌโ€œ they can help you recognise when you're picking
  • keep your skin clean to avoid infection

Try and visit your dr if you are still concerned about your skin and they may be able to prescribe you something to help.

ย 

-Remi

Edited by Remi
  • Like 1

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hey.... this is gonna sound pretty stupid but does anyone know any ways to put on weight fast?? Iรขโ‚ฌโ„ขm naturally skinny and eat quite a lot but I get called things like anorexic and lanky. I want to look a bit more healthy but canรขโ‚ฌโ„ขt seem to put on anything :/

Hey there @Addy

ย 

People shouldn't be saying that about you - the truth is everyone is built differently. Some of us are bigger and others are smaller and there is nothing you can do to change that as it is all in your genes.

ย 

If you think you are eating well and having 3 square meals a day then you are healthy. Do you do any excercise? Maybe playing some team sports or going to a fun class. Your body is constantly changing and growing until you are about 25 so trust it and give it loe as it is healthy and it works.

ย 

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.