PRIDE

SpnWinchester    

Is it just me or is pride month really hard. Everywhere I look there's a rainbow flag or someone wearing pride t shirts and I find it really triggering. I can't be honest with my family about the fact that I'm Bi. Every day I struggle to make sense of who I am and how that fits into the religion I've known my whole life. This month that struggle is everywhere and I can't handle it. My depression is getting bad and I don't know how to get through the next few hours let alone a whole month.

Hello @SpnWinchester

Welcome back.

Remember that pride is about being proud of who you are and who you love. It should be a time for you to feel proud and not about your family. Just know that there are other people out there in the world that feel the same way as you and you are not alone. There will be a time in the future when you can be your true self and I understand how hard what you are going through must be.

I'm so sorry your depression is getting bad, is there anyone you can speak to about this like a school counsellor? I know it's hard when you feel this low but try and keep a good self care routine - make sure you are getting enough sleep and getting out of bed in the morning, keep your room tidy and eat regular meals, and drink lots of water - they seem basic things but when you are depressed these things are usually harder to do and the more regular routine you can keep the healthier your mind should be.

Have you tried reaching out to any local LGBT+ organisations, especially around pride they may have some mentors that will be able to help you.

This community will always be here for you.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.