What's wrong?

Daya    

Lately (as in like months) I have been stuttering and switching words while I speak. I would be saying things like "I want to on sleep" instead of "I want to sleep", I would stutter a lot in my sentences and mispronounce words. I'm fluent in English yet for the past 3 months I have been speaking this way. Should I be worried or is it normal? Are there ways to improve my sentences?

Hello @Daya

English as an additional language is very hard to learn, the English language is notoriously hard to master because there are so many different rules and nothing makes sense. Syntax is tricky to get, but no one matters how you say things, as long as the jist is there we would understand as everyone knows how hard it is to speak English hopefully.

Try watching English shows with subtitles to develop your vocabulary, and try and meet people for coffee to practice with, you could offer them a language swap with your host language.

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hello @Daya

English as an additional language is very hard to learn, the English language is notoriously hard to master because there are so many different rules and nothing makes sense. Syntax is tricky to get, but no one matters how you say things, as long as the jist is there we would understand as everyone knows how hard it is to speak English hopefully.

Try watching English shows with subtitles to develop your vocabulary, and try and meet people for coffee to practice with, you could offer them a language swap with your host language.

-Remi

Thank you for responding to my question and giving me advice Remi! This is actually helpful.