Hello my name is hopefulone

hopefulone    

Hello I am female and from the USA. I have depression and anxiety and struggle with self harm. I struggle with my sexuality a lot. I have a homophobic family. My town is unaccepting of LGBT people. I don't know any other LGBTQ people. It's very lonely. My hobbies are reading books and manga, drawing, watching anime, knitting.

Hello @hopefulone

We are here for you on the community, so you don't have to feel so alone.

I'm sorry you struggle with your mental health, have you told anyone else about this. I get self-harm feels like a release sometimes but have you tried these alternatives? https://www.ditchthelabel.org/15-safer-alternatives-to-self-harm/ One that helped a friend of mine was to draw in red pen on her arm.

Sounds like you have lots of hobbies to keep you occupied that's great! Remember your sexuality is just one part of you and there are so many wonderful puzzle pieces that make up you. This is why the internet is such a brilliant resource, you have this community of course but have a search online for local LGBT groups, I know it feels like there aren't any in your town but trust me we are everywhere they might just not be very visible to you right now. Try not to struggle with your sexuality, you were born this way and you are valid!

Sending lot of positivity your way.

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hello @hopefulone

We are here for you on the community, so you don't have to feel so alone.

I'm sorry you struggle with your mental health, have you told anyone else about this. I get self-harm feels like a release sometimes but have you tried these alternatives? https://www.ditchthelabel.org/15-safer-alternatives-to-self-harm/ One that helped a friend of mine was to draw in red pen on her arm.

Sounds like you have lots of hobbies to keep you occupied that's great! Remember your sexuality is just one part of you and there are so many wonderful puzzle pieces that make up you. This is why the internet is such a brilliant resource, you have this community of course but have a search online for local LGBT groups, I know it feels like there aren't any in your town but trust me we are everywhere they might just not be very visible to you right now. Try not to struggle with your sexuality, you were born this way and you are valid!

Sending lot of positivity your way.

Remi

Thanks I will try those alternatives. ^_^