So, it seems im asexual.... now what?

Angelgamer88    

Recently separated, have a 2yr daughter. Always knew i was bi, but i never had a huge sexual urge.. if any. I've recently learnt that this isn't an uncommon thing and that it's totally normal! (Go figure!!)

Im just starting to date again, but online is really my only resource as im a working single mum in a small country town. Problem is, everyone online seems to only want one thing, the thing I'm not actually looking for .... not adverse to it, but not my priority.

My question? I still want companionship and romance..... but how the hell do i find it!? Im really breaking new ground for myself here and feeling completely lost.

please help?

Edited by Angelgamer88
Typo queeen right here

Heyoo @Angelgamer88,

It's really normal to not have sexual urges and it's also normal for our sexual urges to increase and decrease throughout time.

I think making your boundaries really clear in what you are looking for in a relationship moving forward and making sure you keep to them. You could add something in your bio saying that you are only looking for companionship right now and anyone that doesn't respect that is not worth your time. I am not trying to say you may not be asexual i'm just saying you can have sexuality and still have periods of time that you have no sexual interests or urges.

Be open and honest with your prospective partners, look at dating sites for asexuals and aromantics.

Good luck!

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.