My friends are never there for me, yet I am always there for them 24/7, 365.

I feel so unimportant, I'm already an afterthought when it comes to my family, but now my friends. This has been going on for a while now, but the evidence just keeps on growing that no one cares about me. Did I mention that I have crippling depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, and a slew of other mental health problems? Yeah. It's so nice when you have no one to count on and everyone in your family is in their 60s and older. I hate my life.

Senpai

Do NOT hate your life! Think about it. What do you enjoy doing outside of friends and family? Any hobbies? What job do you want to have? What are you looking forward to in the next week? Month? Year? And hey, we've got your back. I'll always be here for you.

spacemonkey

Hey SENPAI,

Big Welcome to Ditch the Label! I'm sorry to hear things are tough right now sounds like you are dealing with a lot. I'm really happy you have joined our Community no one should feel alone when things are hard. ??

Love your advice and support Spacemonkey!! This is exactly why we wanted to set up Community in the first place to bring people together. ?'??

Sometimes our friends step away from us when we need them the most because they don't know how to help. I went through something similar with mine, I think it is quite a human reaction to step away from people in pain instead of stepping closer to them. I think it happens because people don't understand what we are going through and don't know how to fix it which scares them. Do you think it would be helpful if you spoke to your closet friend, one on one?

In terms of your mental health, are you getting any support or help for your depression and anxiety?

Sending positivity and support.

-peach311

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.