Insomnia sucks

turtledoveinthedark Β  Β 

Anyone ever too stressed to sleep? I get in bed, exhausted, and then my brain decides to go crazy.

• Digital Mentor
On 9/7/2024 at 5:25 AM, turtledoveinthedark said:

Anyone ever too stressed to sleep? I get in bed, exhausted, and then my brain decides to go crazy.

Hi @turtledoveinthedark, I'm sorry you've been having trouble sleeping. When we're feeling really stressed, it's quite common to struggle with sleep, which in turn often makes us feel more stressed and it can end up being a bit of a vicious circle (if that makes sense).

Are you comfortable telling us a little more about what's been going on for you? For example how long have you had trouble sleeping? Is the main problem that you can't fall asleep or do you also keep waking up during the night? And is this something you've had problems with before? Please don't feel you have to answer all these questions if you don't feel comfortable to. We can also talk about it in confidential support if you would prefer that. Here for you!Β 

Staff-Account.png

13 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi @turtledoveinthedark, I'm sorry you've been having trouble sleeping. When we're feeling really stressed, it's quite common to struggle with sleep, which in turn often makes us feel more stressed and it can end up being a bit of a vicious circle (if that makes sense).

Are you comfortable telling us a little more about what's been going on for you? For example how long have you had trouble sleeping? Is the main problem that you can't fall asleep or do you also keep waking up during the night? And is this something you've had problems with before? Please don't feel you have to answer all these questions if you don't feel comfortable to. We can also talk about it in confidential support if you would prefer that. Here for you!Β 

Honestly this is sometimes a random issue for me πŸ˜† like I'm not experiencing any major stressors right noe, but every once in a while my brain will just be far too busy to let me sleep. Otherwise my sleep schedule is mostly healthy.

• Digital Mentor
11 hours ago, turtledoveinthedark said:

Honestly this is sometimes a random issue for me πŸ˜† like I'm not experiencing any major stressors right noe, but every once in a while my brain will just be far too busy to let me sleep. Otherwise my sleep schedule is mostly healthy.

Hi @turtledoveinthedarkΒ - I can certainly relate to this experience of being tired but my brain not switching off, even though I don't have any specific stressful things on my mind.

I find that putting on a podcast or audiobook very quietly can help give me something to focus on, but in doing so, also lull me to sleep. I find reading a book can also help sometimes.

Have you found any techniques like this that work for you?

On 9/11/2024 at 5:08 AM, Lennie said:

Hi @turtledoveinthedarkΒ - I can certainly relate to this experience of being tired but my brain not switching off, even though I don't have any specific stressful things on my mind.

I find that putting on a podcast or audiobook very quietly can help give me something to focus on, but in doing so, also lull me to sleep. I find reading a book can also help sometimes.

Have you found any techniques like this that work for you?

I also like audio books, or some soft music. I usually read before bed.

• Digital Mentor
7 hours ago, turtledoveinthedark said:

I also like audio books, or some soft music. I usually read before bed.

Ah great. Do you find that the issue is not falling to sleep, but waking up and then trying to get back to sleep?

As someone who has insomnia, I can relate to this so much. I tend to try limit my screen time before going to sleep, I also tend to have a bath with Lavender because Lavender is good for making us tired ready for sleep. I like to also wear headphones and listen to rain sounds, so noise is blocked out as I hate loud noise or any noise in general. To try and not nap for lomg during the day because that can make sleeping at night more incredibly hard! I recommend, if you cannot sleep do not stay in the bed, go and do something productive then when you’re feeling sleepy you can return and try to sleep. Sending you hugs πŸ«‚.

• Like 2

• Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, Megs- said:

As someone who has insomnia, I can relate to this so much. I tend to try limit my screen time before going to sleep, I also tend to have a bath with Lavender because Lavender is good for making us tired ready for sleep. I like to also wear headphones and listen to rain sounds, so noise is blocked out as I hate loud noise or any noise in general. To try and not nap for lomg during the day because that can make sleeping at night more incredibly hard! I recommend, if you cannot sleep do not stay in the bed, go and do something productive then when you’re feeling sleepy you can return and try to sleep. Sending you hugs πŸ«‚.

These are really good tips @Megs-. Thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mestizo said:

These are really good tips @Megs-. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you πŸ™πŸΌΒ