Do you play a musical instrument?

Harper    

• Ditch the Label Staff

Tell us all about your instrument here! Which instrument do you play, how long have you been playing for? What's your favourite song to play?

For me - I'm currently learning to play the handpan, inspiration is below. A beaaaaautiful instrument to play!

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, Harper said:

Tell us all about your instrument here! Which instrument do you play, how long have you been playing for? What's your favourite song to play?

For me - I'm currently learning to play the handpan, inspiration is below. A beaaaaautiful instrument to play!

Such a nice, mellow sound!

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor

I've been trying to learn guitar on and off for years now. I never managed to stick to practising regularly so I've never got past the beginner stages, but my favourite song to play is Tracy Chapman, Fast Car. It's a great song with a beautiful guitar riff 🎸 

• Like 1

I can play four

Piano, Guitar, Violin and Voila

• Like 2
  • Yaaas 1

• Digital Mentor
12 minutes ago, -Aussie- said:

I can play four

Wow, that's impressive! Which is your favourite to play?

6 hours ago, Harper said:

Thats so cool Harper! Does the handpan have any sheet music to play along to or is it mainly playing by ear?

3 hours ago, Lennie said:

I've been trying to learn guitar on and off for years now. I never managed to stick to practising regularly so I've never got past the beginner stages, but my favourite song to play is Tracy Chapman, Fast Car. It's a great song with a beautiful guitar riff 🎸 

Love that song Lennie! Also, awesome stuff playing guitar, do you play electric or acoustic?

• Like 1

I can play drums and ukulele, been playing electric drums for 6 years and a tenor ukulele for 7

My fav songs to play on ukulele are any songs from adventure time or Steven universe as the melodies sound so mellow and peaceful on ukulele and Rebecca sugar songs were made for ukulele so it works so well - especially when finger plucking, most of the songs have a great balance between plucking and strumming as well as tapping 

Peace and Love on the planet Earth, Everything stays, Time Adventure, Escapism and Just a thought are some of my favourites 

Also Hawaiian rollercoaster ride from Lilo and Stitch

As for drums, I like to play any song that im into in that moment so this changes constantly but i do enjoy songs where theres space to add in drum fills and experiment with the beat and sounds to create a different version

Sorry for the long paragraph 😭

if there's any songs you like and reccomend me to learn on either instrument (or both!) Im more than happy to give it a go 🤗

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lennie said:

Wow, that's impressive! Which is your favourite to play?

umm I would have to say the Guitar or piano. I cant choose they are both so much fun

• Like 2

• Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

Thats so cool Harper! Does the handpan have any sheet music to play along to or is it mainly playing by ear?

Love that song Lennie! Also, awesome stuff playing guitar, do you play electric or acoustic?

@jazzy.sky - I usually play electric guitar but with earphones plugged into an amp. That way I spare the neighbours 🙉

How about you @jazzy.sky, do you play anything?

• Like 2

• Digital Mentor
11 hours ago, -Aussie- said:

umm I would have to say the Guitar or piano. I cant choose they are both so much fun

I’m with you there @-Aussie-. I’ve attempted to play both and enjoy both, but I’m not good as I’ve too, like @Lennie, have only played and practiced off and on :-(. But I love hearing others play both guitar and piano. 

• Like 2

• Ditch the Label Staff
On 8/27/2024 at 3:47 PM, Lennie said:

Shall we start a DTL band? 🤣

• Yaaas 1

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff
On 8/27/2024 at 5:03 PM, -Aussie- said:

I can play four

Oh wow!!!

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

On 8/28/2024 at 10:30 AM, Lennie said:

@jazzy.sky - I usually play electric guitar but with earphones plugged into an amp. That way I spare the neighbours 🙉

How about you @jazzy.sky, do you play anything?

That's so cool Lennie!! 🎸 random but what chords do you like the most?

Also that's so thoughtful of you 💗 although I think your neighbours wouldn't mind to hear some amazing guitar 🔥

I play drums and ukulele (sorry for the huge message earlier!) but when I was still in primary I also knew how to play the ocarina 

20 hours ago, Mestizo said:

I’m with you there @-Aussie-. I’ve attempted to play both and enjoy both, but I’m not good as I’ve too, like @Lennie, have only played and practiced off and on :-(. But I love hearing others play both guitar and piano. 

That's amazing Mestizo 👏🏼 I'm sure you are better than you think and as long as you have fun, you are doing it right!

• Like 2

• Digital Mentor
On 8/27/2024 at 7:55 PM, jazzy.sky said:

I can play drums and ukulele, been playing electric drums for 6 years and a tenor ukulele for 7

My fav songs to play on ukulele are any songs from adventure time or Steven universe as the melodies sound so mellow and peaceful on ukulele and Rebecca sugar songs were made for ukulele so it works so well - especially when finger plucking, most of the songs have a great balance between plucking and strumming as well as tapping 

Peace and Love on the planet Earth, Everything stays, Time Adventure, Escapism and Just a thought are some of my favourites 

Also Hawaiian rollercoaster ride from Lilo and Stitch

As for drums, I like to play any song that im into in that moment so this changes constantly but i do enjoy songs where theres space to add in drum fills and experiment with the beat and sounds to create a different version

Sorry for the long paragraph 😭

if there's any songs you like and reccomend me to learn on either instrument (or both!) Im more than happy to give it a go 🤗

A multi-instrumentalist, too! That's so cool! I don't know if I've heard of the songs you listed but I will check them out.

As for recommendations, my friend plays the ukulele and she plays FINNEAS - Let's Fall in Love. She does a great rendition, so maybe you could try that, if you like the song

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
On 8/29/2024 at 11:14 AM, jazzy.sky said:

That's so cool Lennie!! 🎸 random but what chords do you like the most?

Also that's so thoughtful of you 💗 although I think your neighbours wouldn't mind to hear some amazing guitar 🔥

I play drums and ukulele (sorry for the huge message earlier!) but when I was still in primary I also knew how to play the ocarina 

That's amazing Mestizo 👏🏼 I'm sure you are better than you think and as long as you have fun, you are doing it right!

I like the minor chords, especially A minor. How about you?

Well, I've learnt something new today. I'd never heard of or seen an Ocarina before. I had to look it up and after listening to it, I think it's probably something I've heard on lots of ambient music without realising what instrument it was. It's got a nice sound

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lennie said:

A multi-instrumentalist, too! That's so cool! I don't know if I've heard of the songs you listed but I will check them out.

As for recommendations, my friend plays the ukulele and she plays FINNEAS - Let's Fall in Love. She does a great rendition, so maybe you could try that, if you like the song

Aww thank you Lennie! 😊 oooh, Im not sure if it will be to your taste but hopefully you like it! I have not heard that song before but I will definitely check it out, i bet it's lovely and major props to your friend 👏🏼 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lennie said:

I like the minor chords, especially A minor. How about you?

Well, I've learnt something new today. I'd never heard of or seen an Ocarina before. I had to look it up and after listening to it, I think it's probably something I've heard on lots of ambient music without realising what instrument it was. It's got a nice sound

Oooh nice! I also like the minor chords!

I also like all of the variations of the B chords (B, Bm, B7 ect)

Haha yeah, ocarina isnt all that common, i got taught on a plastic version (it looks like a shell) and it sounds so different to a proper clay ocarina - way more squeaky haha

• Haha 1

• Digital Mentor
6 minutes ago, jazzy.sky said:

Oooh nice! I also like the minor chords!

I also like all of the variations of the B chords (B, Bm, B7 ect)

Haha yeah, ocarina isnt all that common, i got taught on a plastic version (it looks like a shell) and it sounds so different to a proper clay ocarina - way more squeaky haha

B chords are great! I like them in blues songs, especially

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 1:03 PM, Harper said:

I of and on play ukulele! got a ukulele from Australia 🇦🇺 

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, Megs- said:

I of and on play ukulele! got a ukulele from Australia 🇦🇺 

Nice!. What got you interested in playing the ukulele in the first place? 

1 minute ago, Mestizo said:

Nice!. What got you interested in playing the ukulele in the first place? 

My younger brother! 

• Digital Mentor
2 minutes ago, Megs- said:

My younger brother! 

Cool! I like the sound of the ukulele. That’s awesome that you got yours from Australia! I can imagine you vibing…

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Mestizo said:

Cool! I like the sound of the ukulele. That’s awesome that you got yours from Australia! I can imagine you vibing…

giphy.gif

That’s definitely me 😂😂, I love stitch so much you remembered!

Edited by Megs-