Is my crush hiding something from me?

chloezzz    

Hi, so there is the guy who’s in the same group as me for internship nursing. Got once I ask him whether he wants to grab a drink after shift and he agreed and when I ask want meet up at train station and go hospital together and he agreed and when I ask him whether can accompany me home and he agreed also. But he always doesn’t initiate the conversation, it’s always I start first.  And the hang out all these is also all I start first. I also noticed how he always keep looking at me. But he just doesn’t initiate conversation first. Got once I needed help with my case study, I asked him whether he could help me and he help by researching and I can tell that he’s doing his best to make sure I understand and know what to do. He’s like doing case study for me at this point. However, he doesn’t text me first unless I do. Same goes for conversation in real life too. I feel like he’s hiding something but I don’t know what is he hiding.. he’s so hard to read. 

1 hour ago, chloezzz said:

Hi, so there is the guy who’s in the same group as me for internship nursing. Got once I ask him whether he wants to grab a drink after shift and he agreed and when I ask want meet up at train station and go hospital together and he agreed and when I ask him whether can accompany me home and he agreed also. But he always doesn’t initiate the conversation, it’s always I start first.  And the hang out all these is also all I start first. I also noticed how he always keep looking at me. But he just doesn’t initiate conversation first. Got once I needed help with my case study, I asked him whether he could help me and he help by researching and I can tell that he’s doing his best to make sure I understand and know what to do. He’s like doing case study for me at this point. However, he doesn’t text me first unless I do. Same goes for conversation in real life too. I feel like he’s hiding something but I don’t know what is he hiding.. he’s so hard to read. 

Hey there :)

so, there could be a possibility that he might just be shy? Him being quiet or not initiating conversation might be due to anxiety and nerves. It does look like he likes you (whether that's romantic or platonic), or else he probably wouldn't have done all those things and helped you with your case study. From what you've said, I  don't think he's hiding something, and it sounds like he might just be a quiet person. I know people who act exactly like he does, but when you get to know them and they open up they're super chatty and talkative. Maybe he just needs time to warm up to you to open up more?

Oh! Hmm he did said that he’s a very introverted guy, and I am also a very introverted girl. I asked him before that why didn’t he start initiating conversation first, and he say he don’t know what to say. There was once when he accompanied me home and was walking through a dark area, I told him how I like quiet places and he said “eh but I thought you said before that you didn’t like quiet places?” and I said “huh really?” and he said “ya you remember the first day when we were at the hospital the small room? you said you didn’t like quiet place” and I just remembered I did said that but it was 3 weeks ago and he still remembered. I said “wow how you still remember?” and he just laughed it off. But the thing is that he did start conversation a bit with the other girls but not me… 

On 8/18/2024 at 2:25 AM, ProffesorSparkles said:

Hey there :)

so, there could be a possibility that he might just be shy? Him being quiet or not initiating conversation might be due to anxiety and nerves. It does look like he likes you (whether that's romantic or platonic), or else he probably wouldn't have done all those things and helped you with your case study. From what you've said, I  don't think he's hiding something, and it sounds like he might just be a quiet person. I know people who act exactly like he does, but when you get to know them and they open up they're super chatty and talkative. Maybe he just needs time to warm up to you to open up more?

Oh! Hmm he did said that he’s a very introverted guy, and I am also a very introverted girl. I asked him before that why didn’t he start initiating conversation first, and he say he don’t know what to say. There was once when he accompanied me home and was walking through a dark area, I told him how I like quiet places and he said “eh but I thought you said before that you didn’t like quiet places?” and I said “huh really?” and he said “ya you remember the first day when we were at the hospital the small room? you said you didn’t like quiet place” and I just remembered I did said that but it was 3 weeks ago and he still remembered. I said “wow how you still remember?” and he just laughed it off. But the thing is that he did start conversation a bit with the other girls but not me… 

• Digital Mentor

Hi @chloezzz, I can see that you are already talking to @ProffesorSparkles so I won't jump in on your conversation. I just wanted to welcome you back to Ditch the Label. It's been a while since we last heard from you and it's lovely to have you back 😊

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

22 minutes ago, chloezzz said:

Oh! Hmm he did said that he’s a very introverted guy, and I am also a very introverted girl. I asked him before that why didn’t he start initiating conversation first, and he say he don’t know what to say. There was once when he accompanied me home and was walking through a dark area, I told him how I like quiet places and he said “eh but I thought you said before that you didn’t like quiet places?” and I said “huh really?” and he said “ya you remember the first day when we were at the hospital the small room? you said you didn’t like quiet place” and I just remembered I did said that but it was 3 weeks ago and he still remembered. I said “wow how you still remember?” and he just laughed it off. But the thing is that he did start conversation a bit with the other girls but not me… 

There you go, that happens to me too, sometimes it can be hard to know what to say, even if you really want to talk to this person

Well it definitely sounds to me like he's interested in you to some extent with him noticing small things you've said.

There are som reasons he could've started conversation with the other girls and not you, maybe he's been friends with them for longer or knows them better, stuff like that.

My advice at the moment would be to just sit tight, it seems like he is interested in talking to you and spending time with you, so maybe just keep hanging out and getting to know him more?

Sorry if that advice wasn't good haha

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi @chloezzz, I can see that you are already talking to @ProffesorSparkles so I won't jump in on your conversation. I just wanted to welcome you back to Ditch the Label. It's been a while since we last heard from you and it's lovely to have you back 😊

Hi!! Yes it has indeed been a while😊 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ProffesorSparkles said:

There you go, that happens to me too, sometimes it can be hard to know what to say, even if you really want to talk to this person

Well it definitely sounds to me like he's interested in you to some extent with him noticing small things you've said.

There are som reasons he could've started conversation with the other girls and not you, maybe he's been friends with them for longer or knows them better, stuff like that.

My advice at the moment would be to just sit tight, it seems like he is interested in talking to you and spending time with you, so maybe just keep hanging out and getting to know him more?

Ahh no worries about the advice haha! About talking to other girls, each of us actually just know each other for 6 weeks, we were assigned to a hospital and each of us are actually from different classes, it’s like internships. The girls he talked to, he also just know them, but he initiate conversation. Sorry if I keep saying this but I just have a feel that he’s trying to avoid me or something… he looks at me but doesn’t start conversation or anything at all. I don’t know what to do.. I feel like talking to him about it but isn’t it weird😅

21 hours ago, ProffesorSparkles said:

Sorry but did you receive my reply? I replied you yesterday but not sure if you got received it since you did not reply- 

2 hours ago, chloezzz said:

Sorry but did you receive my reply? I replied you yesterday but not sure if you got received it since you did not reply- 

Oh sorry I didn't see the notification 

23 hours ago, chloezzz said:

Ahh no worries about the advice haha! About talking to other girls, each of us actually just know each other for 6 weeks, we were assigned to a hospital and each of us are actually from different classes, it’s like internships. The girls he talked to, he also just know them, but he initiate conversation. Sorry if I keep saying this but I just have a feel that he’s trying to avoid me or something… he looks at me but doesn’t start conversation or anything at all. I don’t know what to do.. I feel like talking to him about it but isn’t it weird😅

Yeah it's understandable you could be worried he's avoiding you, but he has still been hanging out with you right? And he remembered that thing about quiet places

1 hour ago, ProffesorSparkles said:

Oh sorry I didn't see the notification 

Yeah it's understandable you could be worried he's avoiding you, but he has still been hanging out with you right? And he remembered that thing about quiet places

Hmm I didn’t ask him for hang out currently, last Thursday I tried asking him whether he wants to go eat after our shift end at Friday and he said no because he is going out with his friends to play table pool. That was the first time he rejected my hang out. And today when going home, usually is always me, another girl, another guy, and him. But today, he just decided to go home by himself and he walks so fast than usual and quickly tap out of the train station and went, and I was still behind.. I don’t know what’s wrong with him it’s too much

On 8/20/2024 at 1:42 PM, chloezzz said:

Hmm I didn’t ask him for hang out currently, last Thursday I tried asking him whether he wants to go eat after our shift end at Friday and he said no because he is going out with his friends to play table pool. That was the first time he rejected my hang out. And today when going home, usually is always me, another girl, another guy, and him. But today, he just decided to go home by himself and he walks so fast than usual and quickly tap out of the train station and went, and I was still behind.. I don’t know what’s wrong with him it’s too much

It's normal that he might have other stuff to do, so try not to get too disappointed, maybe instead of asking if he wants to do something a specific day, you can just ask if he'd be interested in doing whatever activity it is with you some day soon, and you can gauge his interest from his response