greetings

turtledoveinthedark Β  Β 

I just found this platform tonight! Looking forward to something positive online. My name is Jules, my pronouns are she/her, and I love to read. I hope everyone's having a good day πŸ’›

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turtledoveinthedark said:

I just found this platform tonight! Looking forward to something positive online. My name is Jules, my pronouns are she/her, and I love to read. I hope everyone's having a good day πŸ’›

Hey lovely, how are you? It’s so lovely to meet you, I am so glad you found DTL! How has your day been? Nice to meet you! Take good care of yourself, here if you need anything! πŸ«‚

• Thanks 1

• Digital Mentor
9 hours ago, turtledoveinthedark said:

Hi @turtledoveinthedark, I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. It's lovely to meet you and I am so glad you found us 😊. This is a very welcoming and supportive community and I hope you'll enjoy your time here. How have you been finding it so far? If you have any questions at all just give me or one of the other support mentors a shout. Also, just to let you know that if you ever want to talk about anything 1-2-1 you can send us a confidential support request here https://forums.ditchthelabel.org/support (or scroll to the bottom of the page, where it says 'Get Confidential Support' and click on the 'get support now' tab).

I love to read, too. What kind of books do you like to read most? Anything you would recommend?Β 

Happy Dog GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi @turtledoveinthedark, I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. It's lovely to meet you and I am so glad you found us 😊. This is a very welcoming and supportive community and I hope you'll enjoy your time here. How have you been finding it so far? If you have any questions at all just give me or one of the other support mentors a shout. Also, just to let you know that if you ever want to talk about anything 1-2-1 you can send us a confidential support request here https://forums.ditchthelabel.org/support (or scroll to the bottom of the page, where it says 'Get Confidential Support' and click on the 'get support now' tab).

I love to read, too. What kind of books do you like to read most? Anything you would recommend?Β 

Happy Dog GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

Thank you! I've recently been into books by Alice Oseman and Chloe Gong- both authors with GREAT series

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, turtledoveinthedark said:

Welcome @turtledoveinthedark! I’m Mestizo, one of the other Support Mentors with Ditch the Label. I’m so glad you found us and have joined us! We are here for you for whatever you might need. I hope you have fun getting to know some of the other community members :-).Β 

Β 

giphy.gif

• Yay! 1

23 hours ago, turtledoveinthedark said:

Warm welcome @turtledoveinthedark! Glad you found us!πŸ˜ƒ

Yo Hello GIF

• Thanks 1

Staff-Account.png

On 8/4/2024 at 11:19 PM, turtledoveinthedark said:

Hey there! Welcome :D

• Like 1

On 8/4/2024 at 11:19 PM, turtledoveinthedark said:

@turtledoveinthedark

Lovely to meet you Jules! I’m Lilie, Welcome to DTL, it’s so lovely to have you here! I hear you love to read, same 😊, what books do you like to go for?Β 

I hope you’re having a great day!Β 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2024 at 12:19 AM, turtledoveinthedark said:

HeyyyΒ @turtledoveinthedark! So sorry for replying late, just wanted to say a huge welcome to the platform! So glad you joined us Jules, I hope you have a wonderful time here on DTL - im certain you will make loads of new friends on here!!Β 

Reading is so coollll, do you have any books that you would reccomend?

On 8/5/2024 at 4:10 PM, turtledoveinthedark said:

Thank you! I've recently been into books by Alice Oseman and Chloe Gong- both authors with GREAT series

Ooooh, I need to look into Chloe Gong's books but I have read all of the Web toon comics of Heartstopper by Alice (i think it kinda counts as reading?) and I know about her Radio Silence series with Tori which I haven't read yet - if you have/are reading that series, how are you finding it?

6 minutes ago, jazzy.sky said:

HeyyyΒ @turtledoveinthedark! So sorry for replying late, just wanted to say a huge welcome to the platform! So glad you joined us Jules, I hope you have a wonderful time here on DTL - im certain you will make loads of new friends on here!!Β 

Reading is so coollll, do you have any books that you would reccomend?

Ooooh, I need to look into Chloe Gong's books but I have read all of the Web toon comics of Heartstopper by Alice (i think it kinda counts as reading?) and I know about her Radio Silence series with Tori which I haven't read yet - if you have/are reading that series, how are you finding it?

Yeah- Radio Silence is a book about Charlie's friend Aled (INCREDIBLE- check out "universe friday" on YouTube if you read) and Solitaire centers on Tori. Solitaire's quite a bit darker but it's still a good book. I love all of Alice's work!Β 

Also outside the Heartstopper universe is I Was Born For This and Loveless

• Like 2

18 hours ago, turtledoveinthedark said:

Yeah- Radio Silence is a book about Charlie's friend Aled (INCREDIBLE- check out "universe friday" on YouTube if you read) and Solitaire centers on Tori. Solitaire's quite a bit darker but it's still a good book. I love all of Alice's work!Β 

Also outside the Heartstopper universe is I Was Born For This and Loveless

That's awesome! Thank you for sharing, im so sorry for getting Aled and Tori's stories mixed up πŸ€¦πŸ˜‚Β  I cant believe I never heard of Loveless and I was born for this - I'll deffo check those out too

How are you doing today?

Edited by jazzy.sky
Edit cos I made a dumb spelling mistake lol

2 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

That's awesome! Thank you for sharing, im so sorry for getting Aled and Tori's stories mixed up πŸ€¦πŸ˜‚Β  I cant believe I never heard of Loveless and I was born for this - I'll deffo check those out too

How are you doing today?

I'm feeling pretty good! How's your morning going?Β 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, turtledoveinthedark said:

I'm feeling pretty good! How's your morning going?Β 

Yayy that's great to hear, what have you been up to today? (Any more reading/done any of your fav hobbies?)

Hope the weather is nice over where you are πŸ€—

My days been going good so far thank youu πŸ’•Β 

Went to the park with my little cousins which was fun (we went on the swings and I brought my skipping rope and football to play with too ⚽️) and had some fresh gelato which hit the spot🍦 today's been really hot πŸ”₯Β 

Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

Yayy that's great to hear, what have you been up to today? (Any more reading/done any of your fav hobbies?)

Hope the weather is nice over where you are πŸ€—

My days been going good so far thank youu πŸ’•Β 

Went to the park with my little cousins which was fun (we went on the swings and I brought my skipping rope and football to play with too ⚽️) and had some fresh gelato which hit the spot🍦 today's been really hot πŸ”₯Β 

That's nice 😊 I'm pumped to babysit my own baby cousin tmrw 😁 and I played some frisbee today.

• Like 1

how are you finding it here at dtl?πŸ«‚