Who will be watching the Olympics?

Blondie ย  ย 

• Ditch the Label Staff

ย 

So the Olympics and Paralympics start soon in Paris - I love love love both events even though I am incredibly unfit!

Itโ€™s completely amazing what people can do and I really admire all the years of work and training that goes into it! I also love the opening ceremony, especially when you get 1 person or a team of 2-3 people representing their entire country!

Do you watch it? If so, whatโ€™s your favourite event? And if you had to choose, what event would you take part in?

I love the gymnastics, swimming, diving and athletics and if I had to choose (and managed to get off my sofa to train for it ๐Ÿ˜‚) I would take part in athletics; specifically long-distance running.ย ย 

Jonah Hill Running GIF by Laff

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Blondie pinned this topic
  • Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, Blondie said:

So the Olympics and Paralympics start soon in Paris - I love love love both events even though I am incredibly unfit!

Itโ€™s completely amazing what people can do and I really admire all the years of work and training that goes into it! I also love the opening ceremony, especially when you get 1 person or a team of 2-3 people representing their entire country!

Do you watch it? If so, whatโ€™s your favourite event? And if you had to choose, what event would you take part in?

I love the gymnastics, swimming, diving and athletics and if I had to choose (and managed to get off my sofa to train for it ๐Ÿ˜‚) I would take part in athletics; specifically long-distance running.ย ย 

ย 

I can't wait for the Olympics and Paralympics to start ๐Ÿฅณ. I also love both of them and will try and watch as much as I can. Totally agree with you @Blondieย - it's inspiring to think about all the years of work and training that goes into it and I'm always in awe of the athletes achievements.

Another thing I love about the Olympics is how many different sports are now included and that they keep including new sports. This year eg they have included breaking and I can't wait to see it. I'm also really looking forward to gymnastics, diving, athletics (bit like Blondie) but also canoeing, skateboarding, basketball, equastrian and many more. Have just realised just how many different sports I love to watch (funnily enough only for the Olympics though).ย 

If I had to chose an event to take part in I would say equestrian - just because I used to do a lot of horse riding as a child and I feel that's probably the sport I have most 'training' in (if you can call it thatย ๐Ÿ˜‚). Although it would probably go something like thisย ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚

horse fail GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff
3 hours ago, Aurora said:

I can't wait for the Olympics and Paralympics to start ๐Ÿฅณ. I also love both of them and will try and watch as much as I can. Totally agree with you @Blondieย - it's inspiring to think about all the years of work and training that goes into it and I'm always in awe of the athletes achievements.

Another thing I love about the Olympics is how many different sports are now included and that they keep including new sports. This year eg they have included breaking and I can't wait to see it. I'm also really looking forward to gymnastics, diving, athletics (bit like Blondie) but also canoeing, skateboarding, basketball, equastrian and many more. Have just realised just how many different sports I love to watch (funnily enough only for the Olympics though).ย 

If I had to chose an event to take part in I would say equestrian - just because I used to do a lot of horse riding as a child and I feel that's probably the sport I have most 'training' in (if you can call it thatย ๐Ÿ˜‚). Although it would probably go something like thisย ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚

horse fail GIF

I always wanted to do horse riding when I was younger!

What is breaking - I've never heard of it!ย ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, Blondie said:

I always wanted to do horse riding when I was younger!

What is breaking - I've never heard of it!ย ๐Ÿ™‚

I think it's an abbreviated name for Break Dancing. I love that this has been included because it's hugely athletic and the moves they pull off are mind-bendingly impressive!

• Digital Mentor
On 7/22/2024 at 3:40 PM, Blondie said:

ย 

I've always loved the 100-meter and 200-meter relay. It feels so dramatic, especially when the baton goes to that fourth and final sprinter on the last leg. Can you even imagine how scary the prospect of dropping that baton and messing up the race would be... and then having to wait 4 years for your next chance?!ย ๐Ÿฅด

However, I'd want to compete in the Men's tennis doubles so I could partner up with Andy Murray for his final tournament before he retires. Andy, if you're reading this, I'm available, just give me a call!

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
40 minutes ago, Lennie said:

I think it's an abbreviated name for Break Dancing. I love that this has been included because it's hugely athletic and the moves they pull off are mind-bendingly impressive!

Ohhh this sounds amazing!

Breakdancing Breakin GIF by Beastie Boys

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff
33 minutes ago, Lennie said:

I've always loved the 100-meter and 200-meter relay. It feels so dramatic, especially when the baton goes to that fourth and final sprinter on the last leg. Can you even imagine how scary the prospect of dropping that baton and messing up the race would be... and then having to wait 4 years for your next chance?!ย ๐Ÿฅด

However, I'd want to compete in the Men's tennis doubles so I could partner up with Andy Murray for his final tournament before he retires. Andy, if you're reading this, I'm available, just give me a call!

200.gif?cid=9079aa50762yknams2jop6z6728k

Oh the relay is such a great event! I remember once seeing someone disqualified as they placed their foot like a centimetre over the lane line...

Tennis with Andy would be amazing!ย 

roger federer tennis GIF

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

Iโ€™m a fan of gymnastics during the Olympics, but enjoy many of the other events youโ€™ve all mentioned. It would be interesting to see what an event might look like with all of us at Ditch the Label participating or even preparing for the Olympics:ย 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

will be watching horse riding and swimming :)

• Like 3