Help me decide my hair

Aaliya Β  Β 
Go to solution Solved by Aaliya,

Im 20 years old ive a small following of 100k, ive pretty long hair below butt length ( but i don’t know why) i want to try any super strange hairstyle like shaving half of my head or shaving the sides. Im too confused & scared as it will decrease my followers but ive a strong craving of getting a uncommon haircut! Someone please help me

Hiya, nice to meet you! I know you mentioned you dont want your following to unfollow if you do something they dislike. But, you should do something that you’re comfortable with, and you shouldnt stop yourself from doing something you want to do because someone else dislikes it. What haircuts have you got in mind? I know how hard it is to do something but not wanting anyone to judge you, but you shouldnt stop yourself from being true to yourself for wanting to drastically change your hair but then your followers stopping you from doing that because they might not like you doing that. Welcome to ditch the label!

Thats the problem i , even im confused what haircut to get …… ive more than tailbone length hair……and now all of a sudden i want a drastic change πŸ˜‘πŸ˜’. I don’t know what’s happening to me

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, Aaliya said:

Im 20 years old ive a small following of 100k, ive pretty long hair below butt length ( but i don’t know why) i want to try any super strange hairstyle like shaving half of my head or shaving the sides. Im too confused & scared as it will decrease my followers but ive a strong craving of getting a uncommon haircut! Someone please help me

HI @Aaliya

I can see that you are new here so I wanted to start off by saying a huge big welcome to Ditch the Label. It's great to have you hereΒ πŸ˜ƒΒ I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors. If you need any help with anything, just give me or one of the other support mentors a shout. Also, if you ever want to talk about something 1-2-1, you can send us a confidential support request. Just scroll to the bottom of the page, click on 'get support now', send us a message and one of the support mentors will get back to you.

I can see that you have already been speaking to @Megs-Β about what hair cut to get and how this might affect how you feel and also your followers.Β 

I'd be curious to know (if you don't mind me asking), did something happen to suddenly make you want to get an uncommon haircut? I find we often want to radically change our hair, when something big has happened in our lives. Please don't feel you have to answer if you don't feel comfortable to. There is no pressure at allΒ πŸ™‚

Β 

Β 

Staff-Account.png

Yes πŸ™‚ i work here in uae , living expenses are too high here …… & my hair expenses are getting expensive day by day πŸ™‚ so i thought that no hair = no waste of money πŸ™‚β€¦. (Sorry my English is weak) i want uncommon look because im having this same hair from my childhood so getting an uncommon haircut will get me some attention.

• Digital Mentor
21 hours ago, Aaliya said:

Yes πŸ™‚ i work here in uae , living expenses are too high here …… & my hair expenses are getting expensive day by day πŸ™‚ so i thought that no hair = no waste of money πŸ™‚β€¦. (Sorry my English is weak) i want uncommon look because im having this same hair from my childhood so getting an uncommon haircut will get me some attention.

Please don't apologies. Your English is greatΒ πŸ™‚

I feel you - things are getting so expensive all over the world it seems.Β 

Thank you for explaining why you want an uncommon look. It sound like you would like to get some attention and for people to notice you but you are also worried that you will lose some of your followers. Is that right? Do you think you might gain some new followers if you have an unusual hairstyle?Β 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
7 minutes ago, Aaliya said:

I think I’ll only loose followers πŸ™‚

Why do you think that is, if you don't mind me asking? And is that something you are worried about or do you not really care too much if you lose some of your followers?Β 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 7/12/2024 at 5:17 PM, Aaliya said:

I really want an uncommon haircut as well as im also worried what people will think πŸ™‚

Hi @Aaliya, I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm not online over the weekend - this week I'll be online today, tomorrow and Friday. Do let me know if you would like someone to reply sooner and I can let the other support mentors know, to keep a look out for a reply from you, when I am not online 😊

I get why you're unsure about what to do. Most of us worry about what other people will think and we often let that worry influence our decisions. Is it mainly your followers you are worried about or are you also worried about what your friends and family will think?Β 

Β 

Staff-Account.png

Hey , (update) Β i got a brand promotion & they shaved my forehead as they wanted me to use forehead hair extensions during the shoot…… ive a big forehead now πŸ˜‚ but this is not the uncommon look i wanted

• Digital Mentor
1 minute ago, Aaliya said:

Hey , (update) Β i got a brand promotion & they shaved my forehead as they wanted me to use forehead hair extensions during the shoot…… ive a big forehead now πŸ˜‚ but this is not the uncommon look i wanted

Thanks for the update. It definitely sounds like you have an uncommon look now (without the hair extensions). I'm sorry it's not the look you wanted though. How do you feel about it all?Β 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
25 minutes ago, Aaliya said:

My hair is too long and forehead is broad as a helipad now πŸ₯² but ive decided to keep it broad forever

It sounds to me like you would still like to cut your hair but keep the top as it is. Is that right? Is that still a possibility, now that you have the brand promotion or do you need to keep your hair the way it is?Β 

Staff-Account.png

I’ll keep my forehead big , but ill cut my hair …….. if a brand offers me a collab with a short haircut I’ll accept it!

• Digital Mentor
36 minutes ago, Aaliya said:

I’ll keep my forehead big , but ill cut my hair …….. if a brand offers me a collab with a short haircut I’ll accept it!

That's exciting! What helped you make up your mind?Β 

Staff-Account.png

I thought its the best time to start, because the brand convinced me to shave my forehead & paid me as well, however im getting too many messages regarding my forehead now πŸ˜‚

• Digital Mentor
1 minute ago, Aaliya said:

I thought its the best time to start, because the brand convinced me to shave my forehead & paid me as well, however im getting too many messages regarding my forehead now πŸ˜‚

That makes sense. It sounds like this has given you the confidence to move forward. I really hope you will love your new haircut - have you already got an appointment scheduled in with your hairdresser? If you like you can keep us updated on how it goesΒ πŸ™‚

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, Aaliya said:

I will keep i keep u guys updated, stay healthy & happy !

That's great, thank you!  I can't wait to find out if you're happy with it 😊

Is there anything else you would like to talk about or are you good for now?Β 

Staff-Account.png

Posted (edited)

Update : i got split tongue, full body tattoos & shaved my head ☺️ im now living the life I always wanted (I sold my hair) & i got some extreme tattoos on my complete body including my forehead….. i personally love myself nowΒ 

Edited by Aaliya

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Aaliya said:

Update : i got split tongue, full body tattoos & shaved my head ☺️ im now living the life I always wanted (I sold my hair) & i got some extreme tattoos on my complete body including my forehead….. i personally love myself nowΒ 

Hi @Aaliya

Thanks so much for the update. Wow, it sounds like you've gone for some big changes there and it sounds like you are loving the new you, which is great.Β 

I can remember that you were worried about what the people around you and your followers would say. Do you mind me asking, how the people around you have reacted?Β 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, Aaliya said:

They are shocked, some can’t even recognise me

It might be that they just need a little time to get used to your new look. What do you think?Β 

Staff-Account.png