HELP

Imbi1234! ย  ย 

Hi, I'm Imbi1234! I am new here and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction for some help. You see, my parents are REALLY homophobic, I'm thinking about coming out to them as Bisexual, andย  I know that they won't take the news well. I just really need some help.โค๏ธ

• Ditch the Label Staff
4 hours ago, Imbi1234! said:

Hi, I'm Imbi1234! I am new here and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction for some help. You see, my parents are REALLY homophobic, I'm thinking about coming out to them as Bisexual, andย  I know that they won't take the news well. I just really need some help.โค๏ธ

Hi there! I'm Blondie, one of the support mentors. Welcome to our support community!

The main thing to consider is your safety and security - how do you think that your parents will react? Do you think there would be a risk to you being thrown out of home?ย 

ย 

Staff-Account.png

Well I'm only 12 so they won't kick me out or anything like that but they prob won't take the news well. They probably will not accept the fact that I'm bisexual and just say. "Um, no you're not, you're straight."

• Ditch the Label Staff

Parents will often come around even if things are difficult at first - sometimes they just need some time to understand.

Do you have any extended family members that would be supportive?

Staff-Account.png

12 hours ago, Imbi1234! said:

yes, my aunt and cousin's are very supportive of my decision. So are my friends.

Hey there,

That's really good to hear. It can take some parents a while to come around, and many do accept the news eventually, meaning that it can often be a waiting game, but just remember that the love parents have for their children is so strong and helps them to open up their minds. What do you think?ย 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

19 hours ago, Imbi1234! said:

Thank you so much for the advice. It really helps!ย ๐Ÿ˜

That's good to hear ;)

Would you like anymore support now, or are you good?ย 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e