Lets chat about Uni...

The cliques are REAL at uni. Yes i thought exactly the same... "We're at uni.. are we really separating ourselves and making others feel alone". I've only been told it happens in work after uni as well, so thats great hahah. Cliques can be intimidating.. but chat to whoever you want! Don't let them intimidate you (sometimes easier said than done)

im a first year in uni, and im finding it really hard to make friends and i feel completely isolated. i have some friends in my course but i feel as though their only friends with me because we do the same course. i live off campus and have not lived in halls like most people in first year so i feel as though i have missed out and no one wants to talk to me as they have all formed their own groups of people but im stuck on my own. I dont know what to do, i feel so alone:( any advice you could give?

It's very hard to tell someone how to make friends because everyone is different and of course it depends on the people at your university (unfortunately). Chat to everyone and don't let cliques make you feel intimidated by certain people. I am best friends at uni with a girl who came in 2nd year, lives on her own.. you will find someone if not a few people who you become great friends with. As hard as it may seem now.. you've still got 2nd and 3rd year and i've become friends with different people every year & honestly sometimes that is quite nice. Be approachable, chat to everyone and make friends of friends.. you never know who you'll meet!

Yep. I started Uni last year and it's been much harder than people made out. I miss my mates and my family. I've made new friends at Uni but we're very different and I find myself pretending to be something I'm not, Also I don't really like my course and there's the constant worry that I'm wasting all this money being here. Hoping it will all work out!!