Fallen out with my best friend

Hiya,

I fell out with my best friend over Christmas and we still haven't made up. She is going out of her way to leave me out of everything and its really upsetting me. I don't want to say sorry first as its all her fault and the way she is treating me is so not fair. What should i do? Even though she is being really mean Im worried that our friendship is over.

x

Hi Louise,

So sorry to hear your hurting :(

Falling out with your best friend can be complicated and it's not always obvious what to do next. I find it helpful to think, will the argument matter in a year or even two? If the answer is a big fat no, see if she would be up for talking through what happened. Texts can easily be misunderstood so try giving her a call. By being brave and making the first move, if she is a good friend she will respect your efforts to sort it out by showing her you care. If she isn't it will soon become obvious in her behaviour. Remember it's not about who's right or wrong or blaming each other but being honest and open.

Good luck, I'm sending positive vibes your way. ?

-Peaches311

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hi Peach311

Thanks, I called her on Saturday and she didn't pick up so i left a message and then she text me saying we should talk, feeling really nervous we are talking after school in person. I want her to listen to me and not be defensive. Hope we sort it x

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...