Confused about my future

DiamondNuggetz    

Until recently I didn't know at all what path I wanted to take my professional life down. I recently discovered I am very interested in politics and debating, and have been to a Model UN conference, so I think I will go down that path. However, as I think about it, politics is a rather difficult career to get into, and shooting for that without at least a Plan B would not be a great idea. There is almost nothing else I am interested in and I am getting stressed as everyone around seems to be fitting in quite nicely into certain career slots.

Hey there @DiamondNuggetz

I feel you, it's great you have such a strong interest early in life. Yes, it's hard to get into politics but politics is so much more than just being a politician. Which parts do you enjoy? Because serving your . local community is part of being a politician too. A lot of politicians will have had a few jobs before actually getting into politics. It is also something that you can keep up along side another job too as a hobby.

It may seem that everyone knows exactly what they want to do but believe me this is so far from the truth. The average person changes job 10 times in their lifetime now, so you have time to try some things out and get to know who you are and what you want whilst also pursuing politics.

Hope this helps,

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.