Jump to content
This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Death

Updates, checking in and general chat


Aurora    

Recommended Posts

  • Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, Megs- said:

I was sat on the beach and sitting with my nan, she’s scattered in the beach. But, I’ve never seen geese on the beach before! I could have been imagining things but, I surely wouldn’t have got so scared if I saw them! I tried running from them and they kept following me! Let’s just say, I am never going back for the time future haha 😝 

I've been chased by geese as well, so relatable 😝

Staff-Account.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Luie said:

I've been chased by geese as well, so relatable 😝

Omg! Do you like geese? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, Megs- said:

Omg! Do you like geese? 

I think they baby geese look so cute, but generally the adult geese freak me out for sure 😅 extremely territorial. 

Staff-Account.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
On 6/7/2024 at 11:16 AM, jazzy.sky said:

Thank you awesome Aurora 💞

Really appreciate you! I'm scared for all my other exams to be truly honest but I'll face the fear and do them anyway

Oooh that's a cool approach, I usually see which question appeals to me most and ease myself into the exam by doing the 2 markers and then find the big markers and focus on those - i tend to jump around the exam haha so your approach sounds much better

Thank youu! I'm hoping to learn how to do a rock to fakie and finally try dropping in but my park have really steep ramps - sadly nothing small and mellow like a mini ramp to gain confidence on

Yayyy I am super happy to hear that, that brunch spot sounds sooo yummy 😋 what was your fav thing you ate there? Also the boat trip mustve been so much fun!!!

Awwww bless you! Hope you have fun at the BBQ and the summer fete!

Thank you for the good luck Aurora (will deffo come in handy haha)

Thank you for your amazing tips, lovely updates and for the luck 💞💞💞

Good morning @jazzy.sky,

I'm not sure if you already had your maths exam. If so, I hope it went really well. If not, good luck, good luck, good luck 🍀. I hope you'll find all the questions easy, even the big marker ones. Easing yourself in by doing the 2 markers first sounds like a very sensible approach 😊

Hopefully you'll feel less nervous about tomorrow's exam as it's another DT one and it sounds like your fist Dt one went really well 🤗

I hope you had a good weekend and you got to go skating lots. Did you manage to drop in and do a rock to fakie? It is a pity you only have steep ramps. I would imagine it would be so much easier to practice on a mini ramp first!! 

My favourite thing was this flat bread with different spices and a bit of crumbled cheese, dipped in this super yummy grilled pepper dip 🤤 Just talking about it makes me hungry haha What kind of foods do you like? 

 

  • Like 1

Staff-Account.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
On 6/7/2024 at 3:30 PM, Megs- said:

Had a very distressing night/early hours  , managed to get home at 5am but! I did get stopped getting chased by geese. Got so scared! I hate birds no matter if they’re small or big like that! How are you? :)!

Sorry to hear that @Megs- That sounds super scary. I think geese are pretty territorial so this seems to happen quite regularly that people get chase by geese  😱 How are you feeling now? Better I hope 🤗

Staff-Account.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Good morning @jazzy.sky,

I'm not sure if you already had your maths exam. If so, I hope it went really well. If not, good luck, good luck, good luck 🍀. I hope you'll find all the questions easy, even the big marker ones. Easing yourself in by doing the 2 markers first sounds like a very sensible approach 😊

Hopefully you'll feel less nervous about tomorrow's exam as it's another DT one and it sounds like your fist Dt one went really well 🤗

I hope you had a good weekend and you got to go skating lots. Did you manage to drop in and do a rock to fakie? It is a pity you only have steep ramps. I would imagine it would be so much easier to practice on a mini ramp first!! 

My favourite thing was this flat bread with different spices and a bit of crumbled cheese, dipped in this super yummy grilled pepper dip 🤤 Just talking about it makes me hungry haha What kind of foods do you like? 

Good morning lovely Aurora!!

How are you today?

Thank you so muchhhh!! my exam is today at 13:30-16:00  and I'm feeling nervous haha 💗

Thank youuu 🤗🤗 DT is less of a worry as I'm very passionate about it but still somewhat scared for tomorrow too haha

Awww thank you! I did get to go skating on saturday but the skatepark was full of parents watching the football match on the pitch next to it so I couldn't go, so I did some street skating on the roads in my neighbourhood instead! That was really fun

Yesss, I really wished there was a mini ramp to practice on instead of these huge ones 

Oooooh that sounds superb!!! 🔥 now im craving some 😂😂💗💗

I am honestly a big foodie so anything will do but I love spicy foods and I have a salty tooth so anything savoury is a win with me! 

I only have a few things I don't like but if I went to a friend's house and they served it, I'd eat it anyway to not be rude 😂😂

How about you? 💖

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
17 minutes ago, jazzy.sky said:

Good morning lovely Aurora!!

How are you today?

Thank you so muchhhh!! my exam is today at 13:30-16:00  and I'm feeling nervous haha 💗

Thank youuu 🤗🤗 DT is less of a worry as I'm very passionate about it but still somewhat scared for tomorrow too haha

Awww thank you! I did get to go skating on saturday but the skatepark was full of parents watching the football match on the pitch next to it so I couldn't go, so I did some street skating on the roads in my neighbourhood instead! That was really fun

Yesss, I really wished there was a mini ramp to practice on instead of these huge ones 

Oooooh that sounds superb!!! 🔥 now im craving some 😂😂💗💗

I am honestly a big foodie so anything will do but I love spicy foods and I have a salty tooth so anything savoury is a win with me! 

I only have a few things I don't like but if I went to a friend's house and they served it, I'd eat it anyway to not be rude 😂😂

How about you? 💖

Thank you for your lovely reply. I am feeling a bit under the weather today ☹️, which is why I am going to log off a little earlier today. Hopefully things will be back to normal by Thursday and I will be feeling better by then. 

Before I go I just wanted to say, that I will be thinking of you during your exam! I hope they give you a better space this time, so you can see the clock. If not, don't be afraid to ask if you can be moved. Are you by yourself in the library or are there others around you? Remember, you've prepared for this and you can do this 💪!! 

Are you already at school? If not, you might find it helpful to do some calming activities to do to take your mind off things before it's time to leave for school. Maybe a guided meditation, listening to relaxing music or even just messaging us here at Ditch the Label :-)  I also quite like to go for a run before an important task as this helps me to clear my head. I don't know if that's the same for you? You've got this @jazzy.sky!

I will reply to the rest of your message when I am back online on Thursday - I hope that's OK 🤗

 

  • Sad 1

Staff-Account.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Thank you for your lovely reply. I am feeling a bit under the weather today ☹️, which is why I am going to log off a little earlier today. Hopefully things will be back to normal by Thursday and I will be feeling better by then. 

Before I go I just wanted to say, that I will be thinking of you during your exam! I hope they give you a better space this time, so you can see the clock. If not, don't be afraid to ask if you can be moved. Are you by yourself in the library or are there others around you? Remember, you've prepared for this and you can do this 💪!! 

Are you already at school? If not, you might find it helpful to do some calming activities to do to take your mind off things before it's time to leave for school. Maybe a guided meditation, listening to relaxing music or even just messaging us here at Ditch the Label :-)  I also quite like to go for a run before an important task as this helps me to clear my head. I don't know if that's the same for you? You've got this @jazzy.sky!

I will reply to the rest of your message when I am back online on Thursday - I hope that's OK 🤗

Awww no! I am so sorry to hear that Aurora, be sure to take it super easy and rest plenty!! Hope you get well soon and have a speedy recovery, I'll be keeping you in thoughts and prayers

Thank you so much! There will be others around, fingers crossed i can see the board where I am at :D

you are so sweet thank you 🤗🤗🥺🥺💞💞

thankfully im still at home, getting ready for going in (ill be at school by 1pm)

will definitely try those suggestions! Thank you Aurora 🤗 absolute legend!

awww yes ofc that is perfectly fine! I'm sending huge hugs and hope you get well super soon!! 🫂🫂🫂

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
On 6/11/2024 at 11:38 AM, jazzy.sky said:

Awww no! I am so sorry to hear that Aurora, be sure to take it super easy and rest plenty!! Hope you get well soon and have a speedy recovery, I'll be keeping you in thoughts and prayers

Thank you so much! There will be others around, fingers crossed i can see the board where I am at :D

you are so sweet thank you 🤗🤗🥺🥺💞💞

thankfully im still at home, getting ready for going in (ill be at school by 1pm)

will definitely try those suggestions! Thank you Aurora 🤗 absolute legend!

awww yes ofc that is perfectly fine! I'm sending huge hugs and hope you get well super soon!! 🫂🫂🫂

Happy belated Birthday @jazzy.sky 🥳!! I'm really sorry I missed it! I hope you had a wonderful day - despite having to write an exam. Hopefully, having your birthday on an exam day means that you automatically ace your exam 😊!! Did you get to do anything nice on your birthday? I hope you will have the chance to celebrate on another day as well (without any exam pressure) ? In fact you should just turn this week into your birthday week - how does that sound 🥳?

How did your other exam go? Good, I hope 🤞 Only one more to go! You can do this!! 

I'm feeling a lot better, thank you so much ❤️ Still have a runny nose and a bit of a cough but nothing too bad...

I'm a big foodie, too. Like you I like spicy stuff. I must admit, I do have a sweet tooth as well 🙈 I just don't like mixing the two. Definitely  not a fan of any sweet and sour dishes. I love all kinds of different cousins - I think Thai, Chinese and Mexican are probably my favourite but there are so many more I like. What about you? What are some of your favourites dishes? 

  • Like 1

Staff-Account.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Aurora said:

Happy belated Birthday @jazzy.sky 🥳!! I'm really sorry I missed it! I hope you had a wonderful day - despite having to write an exam. Hopefully, having your birthday on an exam day means that you automatically ace your exam 😊!! Did you get to do anything nice on your birthday? I hope you will have the chance to celebrate on another day as well (without any exam pressure) ? In fact you should just turn this week into your birthday week - how does that sound 🥳?

How did your other exam go? Good, I hope 🤞 Only one more to go! You can do this!! 

I'm feeling a lot better, thank you so much ❤️ Still have a runny nose and a bit of a cough but nothing too bad...

I'm a big foodie, too. Like you I like spicy stuff. I must admit, I do have a sweet tooth as well 🙈 I just don't like mixing the two. Definitely  not a fan of any sweet and sour dishes. I love all kinds of different cousins - I think Thai, Chinese and Mexican are probably my favourite but there are so many more I like. What about you? What are some of your favourites dishes? 

Awwwww thank you Aurora!! ♥️♥️hahaha yess, I think birthday luck did come along yesterday to help me that extra bit! It was a good paper, completely different to how my teachers and I had expected it to be but still good!

I got to relax at home and build some lego which was so much fun! And my parents were super kind and took me out for a walk and surprised me with a lego set to go with the set im currently building! They are simply amazing! Mum made a delicious strawberry and cream Victoria sponge cake (one of my favourites) so that was super yum

Ooooh I'd love a birthday week! After exams and things, I'm planning to have a day out with friends ♥️🤗

Yayyyy aww I'm so glad to hear you are feeling  better, be sure to drink loads and rest as much as you can, sending healing hugs 🤗 🫂 

Ooooh yessss, yummmm

I've never had the honour of tasting proper Chinese or Thai but I bet its delicioussss

I love anything spicy, love Italian food, as well as Caribbean and Pakistani dishes

💗thank you for everything Aurora

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
19 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

Awwwww thank you Aurora!! ♥️♥️hahaha yess, I think birthday luck did come along yesterday to help me that extra bit! It was a good paper, completely different to how my teachers and I had expected it to be but still good!

I got to relax at home and build some lego which was so much fun! And my parents were super kind and took me out for a walk and surprised me with a lego set to go with the set im currently building! They are simply amazing! Mum made a delicious strawberry and cream Victoria sponge cake (one of my favourites) so that was super yum

Ooooh I'd love a birthday week! After exams and things, I'm planning to have a day out with friends ♥️🤗

Yayyyy aww I'm so glad to hear you are feeling  better, be sure to drink loads and rest as much as you can, sending healing hugs 🤗 🫂 

Ooooh yessss, yummmm

I've never had the honour of tasting proper Chinese or Thai but I bet its delicioussss

I love anything spicy, love Italian food, as well as Caribbean and Pakistani dishes

💗thank you for everything Aurora

You're so very welcome - it's always lovely talking to you @jazzy.sky ❤️. I love your optimism and enthusiasm for everything Happy Friday by the way !! Do you have anything nice planned for this weekend?

That's great that your exam went well and it sounds like you had a really nice birthday, too. I love Victoria Sponge cake and home bakes ones are always the best 🤤

That's so cool that you are into building Lego. I used to have loads of Lego as a kid and spent hours building it but then didn't use Lego for years, Funnily enough this Christmas we decided to get the Home Alone Lego set to build as a family and I loved it. I forgot how satisfying it is when you complete a build and it's pretty calming, too when you do it. Is there any Lego in particular that you enjoy doing?

You should insist on a birthday week 😊 . I feel with all the exam stress going on you deserve it!! Great that you've made plans to have a day out with your friends. That will be really nice. Is that planned for this weekend or for after you've finished your last exam?

I do love Italian and Caribbean food as well and I love the spices that go into Pakistani food (and Indian). In fact I now want a curry 🙂. If you like spicy food you should try Chinese or Thai at some point if you can- I think they are both delicious. 

  • Like 1

Staff-Account.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

You're so very welcome - it's always lovely talking to you @jazzy.sky ❤️. I love your optimism and enthusiasm for everything Happy Friday by the way !! Do you have anything nice planned for this weekend?

That's great that your exam went well and it sounds like you had a really nice birthday, too. I love Victoria Sponge cake and home bakes ones are always the best 🤤

That's so cool that you are into building Lego. I used to have loads of Lego as a kid and spent hours building it but then didn't use Lego for years, Funnily enough this Christmas we decided to get the Home Alone Lego set to build as a family and I loved it. I forgot how satisfying it is when you complete a build and it's pretty calming, too when you do it. Is there any Lego in particular that you enjoy doing?

You should insist on a birthday week 😊 . I feel with all the exam stress going on you deserve it!! Great that you've made plans to have a day out with your friends. That will be really nice. Is that planned for this weekend or for after you've finished your last exam?

I do love Italian and Caribbean food as well and I love the spices that go into Pakistani food (and Indian). In fact I now want a curry 🙂. If you like spicy food you should try Chinese or Thai at some point if you can- I think they are both delicious. 

Awww thank you Aurora, same goes for you! You always brighten my day and its always so lovely hearing from you 🤗💗

Oooh yes Happy Friday!! I had a bit of a lazy morning as I dont have school today which was so nice - got to catch up on sleep 😴 my weekend will most likely be just revision (hopefully skating and going for nice walks too!) 

How about yourself Aurora, any plans? Also any updates on your wellbeing- are sniffles slightly better today?

Awww I still have some Victoria sponge cake so I'll save you a slice! 😂💗

Ooooh, any sets that you remember really enjoying as a kid? I bet the home alone set was so cool once finished - and im so glad you and the family had a great time building it too!!

To be honest I love any lego because lego is lego 😂😂 I especially like how lego stimulates my fine motor skills and coordination (something ive always had trouble with)

but I love lego city (especially the sets from the early 2010's) lego creator sets (the 3 in 1) and lego technic - because the lego has functionality and I love the 3 in 1s because you can break the lego up and rebuild it into something new!

How about you Aurora?

Awww thank youu smm, I'll see what I can do - hopefully a birthday weekend can happen!

As for the day out, that's planned for after exams because that way my friends aren't stressed either and we can all relax knowing we never have to go to school again (which is crazy to think about!)

Awww bless you, if you do get a curry save a crumb for me! Its officially on my bucket list to try Chinese and Thai someday so I'll let you know when I have the chance of trying it!

Hope you are having a lovely day so far Aurora!!!

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

Awww thank you Aurora, same goes for you! You always brighten my day and its always so lovely hearing from you 🤗💗

Oooh yes Happy Friday!! I had a bit of a lazy morning as I dont have school today which was so nice - got to catch up on sleep 😴 my weekend will most likely be just revision (hopefully skating and going for nice walks too!) 

How about yourself Aurora, any plans? Also any updates on your wellbeing- are sniffles slightly better today?

Awww I still have some Victoria sponge cake so I'll save you a slice! 😂💗

Ooooh, any sets that you remember really enjoying as a kid? I bet the home alone set was so cool once finished - and im so glad you and the family had a great time building it too!!

To be honest I love any lego because lego is lego 😂😂 I especially like how lego stimulates my fine motor skills and coordination (something ive always had trouble with)

but I love lego city (especially the sets from the early 2010's) lego creator sets (the 3 in 1) and lego technic - because the lego has functionality and I love the 3 in 1s because you can break the lego up and rebuild it into something new!

How about you Aurora?

Awww thank youu smm, I'll see what I can do - hopefully a birthday weekend can happen!

As for the day out, that's planned for after exams because that way my friends aren't stressed either and we can all relax knowing we never have to go to school again (which is crazy to think about!)

Awww bless you, if you do get a curry save a crumb for me! Its officially on my bucket list to try Chinese and Thai someday so I'll let you know when I have the chance of trying it!

Hope you are having a lovely day so far Aurora!!!

Aww, thank you so much ❤️ You are so kind @jazzy.sky Thank you as well for saving me a slice of your Victoria Sponge cake 🙏😂 I would love to have that now!

How nice that you had a morning to chill and catch up on some sleep. It makes sense that you have planned your day out with your friends for after your exams. Especially if you have lots of revision to do this weekend. 

The 3 in 1 Lego sets are really good and I know what you mean about loving lego because it's lego 😂 I had quite a bit of Lego city and also any lego set with a horse in it 🙂. I used to ride a lot as a kid so the lego sets with horses were my favourite! 

I am feeling a lot better, thank you. I do have an exciting weekend planned - I am off on holiday on Sunday so I will be packing and getting everything ready tomorrow. It does mean that I won't be online for three weeks though ☹️ but I am already looking forward to catching up with everyone once I get back. 

I'm therefore going to wish you good luck for your exam on Tuesday (I think it's Tuesday, right?) today 🍀!! Last exam - you can do this 💪. Hopefully you'll be feeling less nervous as you've done all your other exams already. You've got this. 

Enjoy the great feeling once all your exams are over and I will catch up with you, once I am back online. 

  • Like 1

Staff-Account.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor

Just a little update from my end. I will be away on holiday until the 9th July 🏖️ All the other support mentors will be online as usual. 

Good luck to those of you who are still writing their exams 🍀. Take care everyone and I look forward to catching up with all of you once I get back. 

  • Hug 1

Staff-Account.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

Aww, thank you so much ❤️ You are so kind @jazzy.sky Thank you as well for saving me a slice of your Victoria Sponge cake 🙏😂 I would love to have that now!

How nice that you had a morning to chill and catch up on some sleep. It makes sense that you have planned your day out with your friends for after your exams. Especially if you have lots of revision to do this weekend. 

The 3 in 1 Lego sets are really good and I know what you mean about loving lego because it's lego 😂 I had quite a bit of Lego city and also any lego set with a horse in it 🙂. I used to ride a lot as a kid so the lego sets with horses were my favourite! 

I am feeling a lot better, thank you. I do have an exciting weekend planned - I am off on holiday on Sunday so I will be packing and getting everything ready tomorrow. It does mean that I won't be online for three weeks though ☹️ but I am already looking forward to catching up with everyone once I get back. 

I'm therefore going to wish you good luck for your exam on Tuesday (I think it's Tuesday, right?) today 🍀!! Last exam - you can do this 💪. Hopefully you'll be feeling less nervous as you've done all your other exams already. You've got this. 

Enjoy the great feeling once all your exams are over and I will catch up with you, once I am back online. 

Will send some right away! Hopefully the postman doesn't eat it while delivering it over to you haha

Ooooh wow that's so cool! What is it like doing horseriding? That's is super impressive 👏 

Awww I will miss you loads Aurora but I wish you very safe and wonderful travels ❤️ 😊 

Thank you again for the lovely wishes, I'll keep you updated as soon as I finish on Thursday 

Sending huge hugs 🫂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2024 at 4:26 PM, Aurora said:

Just a little update from my end. I will be away on holiday until the 9th July 🏖️ All the other support mentors will be online as usual. 

Good luck to those of you who are still writing their exams 🍀. Take care everyone and I look forward to catching up with all of you once I get back. 

I know you told me yesterday but miss you already 💕🥺

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Megs- said:

Might be buying Lego soon! Will try find a stitch Lego :)

Ooooh that's so exciting!! So cool that you are also a lego fan! Hopefully you find a stitch themed lego and have loads of fun building it! 💗💗

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jazzy.sky said:

Ooooh that's so exciting!! So cool that you are also a lego fan! Hopefully you find a stitch themed lego and have loads of fun building it! 💗💗

I’ve found one, it looks amazing 🥲 

  • Yay! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Megs- said:

I’ve found one, it looks amazing 🥲 

Omg yayyyyy

Hopefully you can build it soon and add it to your collection of awesome stitch stuff! 💙 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, jazzy.sky said:

Omg yayyyyy

Hopefully you can build it soon and add it to your collection of awesome stitch stuff! 💙 

Thank you ☺️ 

  • Hug 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
On 6/15/2024 at 1:35 PM, Megs- said:

I’ve found one, it looks amazing 🥲 

Is Lílo and Stitch your favorite or one of your favorite films? Or is it just the character you love?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mestizo said:

Is Lílo and Stitch your favorite or one of your favorite films? Or is it just the character you love?

Yes, lilo and stitch! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mestizo said:

Is Lílo and Stitch your favorite or one of your favorite films? Or is it just the character you love?

My profile picture is, stitch but a snow version 🥲

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...