Have you participated in solving an ARG before?

sector Β  Β 

Im currently following one called "Interloper" by Anomidae on youtube!!

It's a Half Life 2 digital horror thingie, i think it's pretty neat :]
i've been following it since it's 5th episode and have translated 2 of them to Buglarian :p
it's currently on episode 8, with the ninth installment releasing tomorrow!

• Digital Mentor
19 hours ago, sector said:

Im currently following one called "Interloper" by Anomidae on youtube!!

It's a Half Life 2 digital horror thingie, i think it's pretty neat :]
i've been following it since it's 5th episode and have translated 2 of them to Buglarian :p
it's currently on episode 8, with the ninth installment releasing tomorrow!

I haven't but it sounds really interesting! I would love it if you could tell me a bit more about it. Only if you don't mind of course.Β 

Impressive that you have translated two of them into Bulgarian! My first language is German but I am a terrible translator lolΒ 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

11 hours ago, Aurora said:

I haven't but it sounds really interesting! I would love it if you could tell me a bit more about it. Only if you don't mind of course.Β 

Impressive that you have translated two of them into Bulgarian! My first language is German but I am a terrible translator lolΒ 

haha, my translations aren't perfect either. I usually get them proofread by a friend xP
also i'd love to talk more about it!! not sure if i can do it here or if there's like a direct message thing, but uh

the jist of it (without spoiling too much) is that Anomidae found a thread from 2005 in a now defunct HL2 forum, about a weird graffiitii in the map of Ravenholm!
It lead them to a mysterious command which can generate demos (recordings of a game's state over time) of 5 types, with the 5th one being the most disturbing, as it looked like the POV of someone playing in VR, but still being able to physically interact with the world

i reccomend you watch the series whenever you can!! There's a pretty active community around it on Anomi's discord, though it's a bit crowded at the moment haha
you can find it here;

Β 

• Digital Mentor
6 hours ago, sector said:

haha, my translations aren't perfect either. I usually get them proofread by a friend xP
also i'd love to talk more about it!! not sure if i can do it here or if there's like a direct message thing, but uh

the jist of it (without spoiling too much) is that Anomidae found a thread from 2005 in a now defunct HL2 forum, about a weird graffiitii in the map of Ravenholm!
It lead them to a mysterious command which can generate demos (recordings of a game's state over time) of 5 types, with the 5th one being the most disturbing, as it looked like the POV of someone playing in VR, but still being able to physically interact with the world

i reccomend you watch the series whenever you can!! There's a pretty active community around it on Anomi's discord, though it's a bit crowded at the moment haha
you can find it here;

That's good that you have a friend who can proofread. Maybe I would be better at that, than the actual translation bit lol

Thank you so much for explaining what it's all about. It's absolutely fine to do it here - I'm sure others would also want to know. We do have a direct messaging option but only for support mentors or other Ditch the Label staff. That means that you can send a dm to a member of staff but not to other community members. The reason why members can't dm each other is to keep everyone safe. If you ever do want to send one of us a dm, just click on the message icon (top right of the page)

Interloper sounds really interesting - I'm intrigued now... I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet that you posted but I will do and I will let you know what I think if you like. Have you done any other ARGs before or is this your first one?Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

29 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's good that you have a friend who can proofread. Maybe I would be better at that, than the actual translation bit lol

Thank you so much for explaining what it's all about. It's absolutely fine to do it here - I'm sure others would also want to know. We do have a direct messaging option but only for support mentors or other Ditch the Label staff. That means that you can send a dm to a member of staff but not to other community members. The reason why members can't dm each other is to keep everyone safe. If you ever do want to send one of us a dm, just click on the message icon (top right of the page)

Interloper sounds really interesting - I'm intrigued now... I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet that you posted but I will do and I will let you know what I think if you like. Have you done any other ARGs before or is this your first one?Β 

i have!! Well, they're not really ARGs, but they did involve a lot of things to solve and connect.. They were called Las Nevadas, and QSMP Global
i had a (somewhat) big role in solving both!!
Something more recent i've been trying to crack with some friends is God Sngologns(https://www.sngollogns.com/), its a weird site that a bunch of people found through a tiktok advertisement.. I've only really found 1 community that im in that discussess it actively, pretty much everywhere else is either abandoned or locked haha

• Digital Mentor
5 hours ago, sector said:

i have!! Well, they're not really ARGs, but they did involve a lot of things to solve and connect.. They were called Las Nevadas, and QSMP Global
i had a (somewhat) big role in solving both!!
Something more recent i've been trying to crack with some friends is God Sngologns(https://www.sngollogns.com/), its a weird site that a bunch of people found through a tiktok advertisement.. I've only really found 1 community that im in that discussess it actively, pretty much everywhere else is either abandoned or locked haha

I must say the God Snologns does sound very intriguing.... I've tried looking up a bit of additional information on it but like you said, there is not much out there. What kind of things do you have to solve in that one? It's nice that you're doing this with your friends. Are these friends you know online, from school or somewhere else?Β Β 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

Hello sector! Hru doing?

Nah I haven't done an arg before but I find them fully interesting! Ive only heard of a couple, mainly through MatPat and game theory (idk if youve heard of him)Β 

Do you do a lot of things like args? Like Internet puzzles and stuff? Smth I find rlly interesting is Cicada 3301! Its a rlly interesting Internet puzzle from several years ago, and it never fails to intrigue me when I hear abt it!

One of the most interesting args I've heard of is Welcome home? At least I'm pretty sure it's an arg haha

I've defo heard of Las Nevadas and QSMP. R u a quackity fan? Ik abt them but not alot. What role did you play in solving them? It sounds rlly interesting and I'd love to hear more about them :D

• Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 12:25 PM, Aurora said:

I must say the God Snologns does sound very intriguing.... I've tried looking up a bit of additional information on it but like you said, there is not much out there. What kind of things do you have to solve in that one? It's nice that you're doing this with your friends. Are these friends you know online, from school or somewhere else?Β Β 

Oh! uhh, most of my friends are online
i have trouble speaking with people irl, speaking in forums like this is kinda new to me too, so i have no idea how to act lol

We haven't solved much,, And so far we only have more questions than anwsers
Two of the pages that were previously accessible are now either gone or locked behind a password that we also can't figure out..

21 hours ago, ProffesorSparkles said:

Hello sector! Hru doing?

Nah I haven't done an arg before but I find them fully interesting! Ive only heard of a couple, mainly through MatPat and game theory (idk if youve heard of him)Β 

Do you do a lot of things like args? Like Internet puzzles and stuff? Smth I find rlly interesting is Cicada 3301! Its a rlly interesting Internet puzzle from several years ago, and it never fails to intrigue me when I hear abt it!

One of the most interesting args I've heard of is Welcome home? At least I'm pretty sure it's an arg haha

I've defo heard of Las Nevadas and QSMP. R u a quackity fan? Ik abt them but not alot. What role did you play in solving them? It sounds rlly interesting and I'd love to hear more about them :D

OOH.. Cicada 3301!! I love it! It's so hard, though.. I wouldn't have been able to figure out anything the people back then did
Im reletively new to solving ARGs.. or puzzles like these in general.Β  I hope i get better over timee, but,, it's hard to find any actually interesting ones haha

and for what role i played in the quackity stuff; Most of my involvment was in the QSMP Global ARG!
It was a series of pages with some info, and an input box with a button. Using the provided information we had to figure out the password for each page

I wrote a little python console application that allowed for easier password input, without having to actually visit the page! All the button on the site did was send an API call to an endpoint, so i just copied the request it sent, pasted it into python, made a rather boring CLI to interface with the api wrapper, and it (somehow) worked! (if you ignore needing to refresh the page if you got it right haha)

I was a little worried the site was gonna store cookies, or put stuff into the browser's storage to keep track of your page.. But it was handled on the server using your IP (i presume), which i found surprising

The reason i made it in the first place is because the site's input was kind of buggy and inconsistent.. You were rate limited, and after your timer ran out it wouldn't always acknowledge it, so you need to refresh a bunch...
I dont know how many people ended up using it, but i hope it helped someone

Β 

i also helped solve 9:00 and 4:00!

9:00 involved taking the audios from the videos on a tiktok account that was found in the previous riddle, stacking them on top of each other (because each audio was a portion of the resulting sound's frequency spectrum), and using the resulting audio to figure out the password to go to the next one

4:00 was.. i think a poem? Eventually we deduced that the password was some kind of palindrome. I wrote a script to find a bunch of them, in both English and Spanish. as well as common words, and palindromes between the two.. Turns out we needed a bilingual palindrome, which involved two words having the same meaning, not something letter based (whoops)
We had to organize this entire mess in a document im a little regretful of ever creating (https://bitly.cx/KSj6W) xD

MCYT is a very cool place! I dont watch much of Quackity, or the others.. I've really wanted to get into the QSMP though!! it's a little hard to keep up, and i'd need to find time to binge all the episodes up to the most recent ones.. Maybe during summer break? I dont know!! aaa

i got a little carried away,, sorry for the wall of text ^^'
also i might not have explained most of this stuff the best.. so if you need any clarification, i'd be happy to provide

2 hours ago, sector said:

OOH.. Cicada 3301!! I love it! It's so hard, though.. I wouldn't have been able to figure out anything the people back then did
Im reletively new to solving ARGs.. or puzzles like these in general.Β  I hope i get better over timee, but,, it's hard to find any actually interesting ones haha

and for what role i played in the quackity stuff; Most of my involvment was in the QSMP Global ARG!
It was a series of pages with some info, and an input box with a button. Using the provided information we had to figure out the password for each page

I wrote a little python console application that allowed for easier password input, without having to actually visit the page! All the button on the site did was send an API call to an endpoint, so i just copied the request it sent, pasted it into python, made a rather boring CLI to interface with the api wrapper, and it (somehow) worked! (if you ignore needing to refresh the page if you got it right haha)

I was a little worried the site was gonna store cookies, or put stuff into the browser's storage to keep track of your page.. But it was handled on the server using your IP (i presume), which i found surprising

The reason i made it in the first place is because the site's input was kind of buggy and inconsistent.. You were rate limited, and after your timer ran out it wouldn't always acknowledge it, so you need to refresh a bunch...
I dont know how many people ended up using it, but i hope it helped someone

i also helped solve 9:00 and 4:00!

9:00 involved taking the audios from the videos on a tiktok account that was found in the previous riddle, stacking them on top of each other (because each audio was a portion of the resulting sound's frequency spectrum), and using the resulting audio to figure out the password to go to the next one

4:00 was.. i think a poem? Eventually we deduced that the password was some kind of palindrome. I wrote a script to find a bunch of them, in both English and Spanish. as well as common words, and palindromes between the two.. Turns out we needed a bilingual palindrome, which involved two words having the same meaning, not something letter based (whoops)
We had to organize this entire mess in a document im a little regretful of ever creating (https://bitly.cx/KSj6W) xD

MCYT is a very cool place! I dont watch much of Quackity, or the others.. I've really wanted to get into the QSMP though!! it's a little hard to keep up, and i'd need to find time to binge all the episodes up to the most recent ones.. Maybe during summer break? I dont know!! aaa

i got a little carried away,, sorry for the wall of text ^^'
also i might not have explained most of this stuff the best.. so if you need any clarification, i'd be happy to provide

Omg sector you really know your stuff lmao. That's so much work wow I commend you lol. Thats so cool though that you have a hobby like that that your so good at

Wtf that document is insane my tiny brain cannot comprehend half of it lmao

I've also always wanted to get into qsmp, but like u I've had no timeΒ 

I've said this like 10 times at this point but idc man you smart asf you know your stuff

Don't be sorry! It's great that your so interested in this and id love to hear more if you wanna talk about it more!

• Like 1

Hey @sectorΒ i replied but it has to be approved ! Hopefully you'll see it soonΒ 

• Like 1