Something you thought when you were younger

the.one.they.call.gay Β  Β 

What's something you thought when you were younger that you now know is NOT true?

• Like 1

I used to think buffalo wings were made out of the wings of a buffalo. I assumed that I'd never seen a buffalo with wings because they had been cut off. After about a hundred geography lessons, and ya'know common sense, I realized that buffalo wings are the wings of a chicken covered in a sauce from Buffalo NY...

9 hours ago, ur_gay_bestie said:

What's something you thought when you were younger that you now know is NOT true?

That the Easter bunny left me and my sister hats behind while they were running away. They were part of our easter gifts. There's probably something better but that's all I can think of rn.

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, ur_gay_bestie said:

What a great postΒ πŸ˜€! I have a birthmark on my tummy. When I was younger my mum told me that she spilt coffee on me when I was a baby and that's why I have this mark. I actually believed her until I was at least 6!!

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

I love all these answers πŸ˜‚.

My sense of geography is pretty good, but, living in Canada, I had no sense of where some states in the US were placed (even though I lived there for four years). For the the longest time, I thought Georgia was in the North and Minnesota and Montana were in the South. I was so confused when I looked at the map when I was in grade 5 lol.Β 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

My sense of geography is pretty good, but, living in Canada, I had no sense of where some states in the US were placed (even though I lived there for four years). For the the longest time, I thought Georgia was in the North and Minnesota and Montana were in the South. I was so confused when I looked at the map when I was in grade 5 lol.Β 

Lmao that is so relatable.....I have had the same problem :) Thankfully I actually learned geography somewhat in my five years in the states...

7 hours ago, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

Hi fellow Canadian!!!! :) Also, this is too relatable and I still don't fully know. I know general area where certain states are (kinda)

2 hours ago, welches_242 said:

Hi fellow Canadian!!!! :) Also, this is too relatable and I still don't fully know. I know general area where certain states are (kinda)

Hi back!!!

Edited by Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once
Mistake

I used to think the Pacific Ocean was called the "Specific Ocean".Β  (I knew a lot of other kids saying the same!)

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

20 hours ago, welches_242 said:

Haha I do now >:) Mostly

On 5/30/2023 at 9:15 AM, ur_gay_bestie said:

I used to think buffalo wings were made out of the wings of a buffalo. I assumed that I'd never seen a buffalo with wings because they had been cut off. After about a hundred geography lessons, and ya'know common sense, I realized that buffalo wings are the wings of a chicken covered in a sauce from Buffalo NY...

HOW IRONIC

my family just tried to convince my 13 y/o sis of this lol

• Haha 1

My family used to tell me that it was illegal to turn on the interior car lights while someone was driving. They said if I did the cops would pull us over! Took me 16 years to find out it was a lie!!

Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

oh my god I love this. I have so many shenannigans I could put down, my brother and I were really weird when we were younger!Β 

I think one of the best ones was that my brother thought for years that while we won the revolutionary war, we were still enemies with Britain! This is a testament to how bad America's history requirements are.Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Digital Mentor
On 6/9/2023 at 8:49 PM, Im_fine_ said:

My family used to tell me that it was illegal to turn on the interior car lights while someone was driving. They said if I did the cops would pull us over! Took me 16 years to find out it was a lie!!

My parents used to say exactly the same thing to me!! I think it must be one of those things all parents lie about :)

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...

that massage & message r just the same word w diff spellings like a case of uk vs us eng. it ended up being 2 completely diff words w diff definitions and i never fucking noticed

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

That the world would be so much β€˜nicer’ 😣

Just now, Megs- said:

That the world would be so much β€˜nicer’ 😣

....are you ok??

2 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

....are you ok??

Oh it’s just people irl haha πŸ˜‚. When I said β€˜nicer’ I meant, like a younger me didn’t know that I’d be suffering with mental health etc. if that makes sense? Like, I was so happy and was so excited to grow up.. but now I’m like fr why did I think that 😬 and like, when I was born I didn’t fear for my life as well.. but every time I step a foot out of my front door I fear for my life.. soΒ 

Edited by Megs-

Just now, Megs- said:

Oh it’s just people irl haha πŸ˜‚. When I said β€˜nicer’ I meant, like a younger me didn’t know that I’d be suffering with mental health etc. if that makes sense? Like, I was so happy and was so excited to grow up.. but now I’m like fr why did I think that 😬

Oh yeah, that's fair.

• Hug 1