TinyDinos    

Hey guys :)

I have to write a few papers for school, and I know that once I get started I’ll get sucked into it and focus really well, but I can’t seem to get started. I think it isn’t really a depression rut type of thing I think, but more procrastination because I’m bored about the topics I have to write on. Any advice for getting started/focusing? Anything helps really. Thank you so much!

xx Dino :)

2 minutes ago, TinyDinos said:

I have to write a few papers for school, and I know that once I get started I’ll get sucked into it and focus really well, but I can’t seem to get started. I think it isn’t really a depression rut type of thing I think, but more procrastination because I’m bored about the topics I have to write on. Any advice for getting started/focusing? Anything helps really. Thank you so much!

Randomly just start writing stuff until something makes sense. Or read some brief thing on your topic and then start

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

Hi there,

this is a great post. I think we all struggle with procrastination from time to time - I think sharing tips will be helpful to a lot of us (me included 😀).

What helps me sometimes is to divide a task up into small steps and then start off by doing one of the small things. Eg I might tell myself, OK, I'm just going to write one paragraph or I'm just going to do the outline. And then, as you said, once I get started I often just get sucked into it and do more. I think it helps me to think of it as lots of little tasks, rather than this one big thing I need to do. Also, if I divide a task up into smaller steps I can choose something you find more interesting or easier (from all the different steps) to get me started and then once I'm focused I can move onto the more boring or more difficult steps. 

• Thanks 1

Staff-Account.png

On 5/8/2023 at 11:25 AM, TinyDinos said:

hah, you aren't alone in that one, I am in a similar spot. At some point, you will do it cuz it is finally worth the effort(like me) but otherwise as @Aurora said, little chucks help :) Music or rewards can help motivate too :)

• Thanks 1