This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Sex, Mental Illness, Other

Sexual Fustration

Equivalent Ways ย  ย 

Just now, Emmerson said:

I mean if ur just telling them you have feelings for them but yeah I get that and weโ€™re only an hr apart itโ€™s 11:09pm here

thats good to know

Yeah

Just now, La_Bonita_Chica said:

thats good to know

ย 

Just now, Emmerson said:

Yeah

how are u doing tho

Right now? Ok ig just kinda overthinking some things rn u?

if you dont mind me asking what things are you overthinking. im honestly great blc and i had a great day today

2 minutes ago, La_Bonita_Chica said:

if you dont mind me asking what things are you overthinking. im honestly great blc and i had a great day today

Coming out to my mom, telling my best friend I have feelings for herโ€ฆthings like thatโ€ฆschool, friends, family, really any relationships I have whether itโ€™s romantic or platonic doesnโ€™t matterโ€ฆIโ€™m just overthinking more than normal and to put the cherry on top of it I ran out of my anti-depressants on Friday and purposely didnโ€™t take it on Monday night so I could have three days of school with medicine in my systemโ€ฆ

hello, imma bout to go to sleep lolol~ I have a wack sleep schedule

But ya that does suck chica, like the whole long distance thing... I really wish I had an answer ahha....

1 minute ago, Emmerson said:

Coming out to my mom, telling my best friend I have feelings for herโ€ฆthings like thatโ€ฆschool, friends, family, really any relationships I have whether itโ€™s romantic or platonic doesnโ€™t matterโ€ฆIโ€™m just overthinking more than normal and to put the cherry on top of it I ran out of my anti-depressants on Friday and purposely didnโ€™t take it on Monday night so I could have three days of school with medicine in my systemโ€ฆ

oh gawd๐Ÿ˜ต plz dont go off and on meds it sucksssssssss

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness, Other

Click this notice to reveal the content.
Just now, Equivalent Ways said:

oh gawd๐Ÿ˜ต plz dont go off and on meds it sucksssssssss

No ik itโ€™s just I ran out and I canโ€™t get more until go to an appointment but respectfully my psychiatrist sucks and wonโ€™t give me an appointment to yk get more medicine because I need it and the mental hospital that I was at they gave me sleeping pills because I wasnโ€™t sleeping there because their beds were as hard as rocksโ€ฆlike how do they expect me to sleep? And they also gave me anxiety pills that I havenโ€™t been taking because I just donโ€™t think I need themโ€ฆI mean Iโ€™m not having anxiety attacks hooch is a plus so thatโ€™s goodโ€ฆbut I just donโ€™t know at this point tbhโ€ฆ

1 minute ago, Emmerson said:

im so sorry youโ€™re going though that ik how hard it is to come out to her mom especially cuz i had my own experience coming out to my mom and i understand the overthinking thing more an the next person but people who usually overthink are right about the things they are overthinking about. if you were what advice or just want someone to listen im here. im sorry that you ran out of your anti-depressants and please take them cuz they might he,p you with alot of things ik i hate taking my medicine too but i have too

• Hug 1

Just now, La_Bonita_Chica said:

im so sorry youโ€™re going though that ik how hard it is to come out to her mom especially cuz i had my own experience coming out to my mom and i understand the overthinking thing more an the next person but people who usually overthink are right about the things they are overthinking about. if you were what advice or just want someone to listen im here. im sorry that you ran out of your anti-depressants and please take them cuz they might he,p you with alot of things ik i hate taking my medicine too but i have too

Itโ€™s not that I donโ€™t take them itโ€™s just they only gave me a limited supply and no refills whatsoever so I had to see my psychiatrist but I have yet to get an appointment tho

Just now, Emmerson said:

Itโ€™s not that I donโ€™t take them itโ€™s just they only gave me a limited supply and no refills whatsoever so I had to see my psychiatrist but I have yet to get an appointment tho

thatโ€™s unfortunateย 

Yeah the psychiatrist they offered me kinda sucks tbhโ€ฆ

thats messed up. can you get a new psychiatrist?

Idek tbh my mom doesnโ€™t like them either but thereโ€™s not many psychiatrists where I am and if I stop seeing this one (Iโ€™ve only seen her once since Iโ€™ve been out of the mental hospital and I saw her like the day after I got out p.s. Iโ€™ve been out for like almost a month) then I have to see a doctor for my medicine and a therapist for therapy and my mom just thought a psychiatrist would be easierโ€ฆyk? But sometimes itโ€™s not easier when they wonโ€™t respondย 

ya ik what you mean, maybe true seeing how the next few months ago and if its not better maybe try finding someone new but i have to get up at 630 so imma get in the shower and go to bed but message me anythingย 

thats messed up but imma go to bed but message me if u need anythingย 

Iโ€™ll talk to you girlieโ€™s tomorrow because I have school tomorrow and I need sleep. Goodnight continue being ur amazing selves and thanks for letting me vent to you! Love you guysโค๏ธ

Hey chicas, itโ€™s currently 5:30 here IN THE MORNING respectfully Iโ€™m not a morning personโ€ฆbut I gotta do my hair but Iโ€™ll prolly just put it in a bun tbh bc I donโ€™t want to do my hair and I might honestly just hopefully catch another hr of sleepโ€ฆmaybe Iโ€™ll talk to you lovely ladies in a couple hrs love u guysย 

• 1 month later...
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Sex

Its me again..

I have tried cold showers, watching stuff that distracts me, carrying on, and others.. And i know I am kinda complaining cuz I should just deal with it, but like, Iย  h a t e walking around feeling like I need to mate with someone(for lack of better terms) :/

I want to just chill, be chill, and not think about this as much as I do.

Any advice....?

21 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Its me again..

I have tried cold showers, watching stuff that distracts me, carrying on, and others.. And i know I am kinda complaining cuz I should just deal with it, but like, Iย  h a t e walking around feeling like I need to mate with someone(for lack of better terms) :/

I want to just chill, be chill, and not think about this as much as I do.

Any advice....?

@Equivalent Waysย I have two suggestions. One,ย  just continue ignoring it and eventually it will probably go away or at least not be so strong. This is probably a decent longer term solution, but it'll likely be uncomfortable. But my number two suggestion is to, you know, do something about it yourself, if you know what I mean. Just because you experience sexual feelings doesn't mean you have to actually act on them with another person if you don't want to. It's just a sign of having a functioning system and hormones that are doing their job, annoying as they may be. But based on my experience, the best way to get rid of such feelings is to take care of them real quick. Plus, it's been scientifically proven that doing this is actually incredibly good for you. I totally understand if that's not something you'd want to do though, and I'm only speaking from personal experience. Good luck and do what makes you happy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lynn C. said:

@Equivalent Waysย I have two suggestions. One,ย  just continue ignoring it and eventually it will probably go away or at least not be so strong. This is probably a decent longer term solution, but it'll likely be uncomfortable. But my number two suggestion is to, you know, do something about it yourself, if you know what I mean. Just because you experience sexual feelings doesn't mean you have to actually act on them with another person if you don't want to. It's just a sign of having a functioning system and hormones that are doing their job, annoying as they may be. But based on my experience, the best way to get rid of such feelings is to take care of them real quick. Plus, it's been scientifically proven that doing this is actually incredibly good for you. I totally understand if that's not something you'd want to do though, and I'm only speaking from personal experience. Good luck and do what makes you happy

Geeze you are full of wise stuff arent you, Green Jay? But it works out well for me!

Its a really good point to just try to ignore it.. I do believe it wont last forever, its just annoying to have a functioning human hormone system๐Ÿ˜‚!

And the second one, I will indeed try, however I was just not sure how to go about it or 'hide'(?) it from my fam :/ Looks like it is time to go on quora again :D And its good for you too??

Nah thank you so much! I feel blessed to have someone like you helping me๐Ÿฅน ( yes I know that is very ๐Ÿง€ie)

30 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Geeze you are full of wise stuff arent you, Green Jay? But it works out well for me!

Its a really good point to just try to ignore it.. I do believe it wont last forever, its just annoying to have a functioning human hormone system๐Ÿ˜‚!

And the second one, I will indeed try, however I was just not sure how to go about it or 'hide'(?) it from my fam :/ Looks like it is time to go on quora again :D And its good for you too??

Nah thank you so much! I feel blessed to have someone like you helping me๐Ÿฅน ( yes I know that is very ๐Ÿง€ie)

Haha thanks, I do my best ๐Ÿ˜„ Isn't being a teenager great? (that was sarcastic)

Yeah it can be hard to be discreet, but if you just do it at night when the rest of your family is asleep, that's usually a pretty safe bet. And if you have a fan on and you're generally quiet, they'll never suspect a thing. If you're quick and brave, you can even do it during the day if your family members are not in any adjacent rooms. But be careful, because it would be hella embarrassing to be walked in on.ย  And in terms of how to go about it, you really just have to explore and figure out what feels nice to you. There's no "correct" way to do it. You can even find these sort of guided meditation podcasts on Spotify that walk you through self-love and touch (sorry this sounds so cringy but it really works); the podcast Modern Anarchy has a couple episodes I'd recommend if that's something you're interested in. And don't feel like you did something wrong if you don't finish, it's a skill that takes practice like anything else.

Yeah, it's totally good for you! Studies have shown that it's effective at relieving the pain from headaches or period cramps, and it releases dopamine, which is the like pleasure and reward center hormone. It also increases full body bloodflow which is good in general, and afterwards you just feel great. It can be very stress relieving. Usually any horniness goes away too. I could probably find some scientific articles about the benefits if you want. One little note though, while this will relieve a person's sex drive for a while, it apparently makes it more active overall, so you might have to, *ahem* take care of things a bit more often. But it's literally good for you and feels great, and you won't have to deal with those distracting feelings in inappropriate situations.

I hate that no one talks about this that much, because basically everyone does it but doesn't have the courage to mention it to their friends, including me. And there's such a double standard because it's almost a given that boys do it all the time, but the fact that girls do isn't really considered. Frickin patriarchy XD

I'm glad I can help, I'm not an expert or anything but I like to learn about this sort of thing. And if you end up deciding to just ignore it, that's totally fine too, and at least for me I've noticed that sexual feelings come and go with my period, and seem to be strongest right before it. I just thought that was kind of interesting.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lynn C. said:

Haha thanks, I do my best ๐Ÿ˜„ Isn't being a teenager great? (that was sarcastic)

Yeah it can be hard to be discreet, but if you just do it at night when the rest of your family is asleep, that's usually a pretty safe bet. And if you have a fan on and you're generally quiet, they'll never suspect a thing. If you're quick and brave, you can even do it during the day if your family members are not in any adjacent rooms. But be careful, because it would be hella embarrassing to be walked in on.ย  And in terms of how to go about it, you really just have to explore and figure out what feels nice to you. There's no "correct" way to do it. You can even find these sort of guided meditation podcasts on Spotify that walk you through self-love and touch (sorry this sounds so cringy but it really works); the podcast Modern Anarchy has a couple episodes I'd recommend if that's something you're interested in. And don't feel like you did something wrong if you don't finish, it's a skill that takes practice like anything else.

Yeah, it's totally good for you! Studies have shown that it's effective at relieving the pain from headaches or period cramps, and it releases dopamine, which is the like pleasure and reward center hormone. It also increases full body bloodflow which is good in general, and afterwards you just feel great. It can be very stress relieving. Usually any horniness goes away too. I could probably find some scientific articles about the benefits if you want. One little note though, while this will relieve a person's sex drive for a while, it apparently makes it more active overall, so you might have to, *ahem* take care of things a bit more often. But it's literally good for you and feels great, and you won't have to deal with those distracting feelings in inappropriate situations.

I hate that no one talks about this that much, because basically everyone does it but doesn't have the courage to mention it to their friends, including me. And there's such a double standard because it's almost a given that boys do it all the time, but the fact that girls do isn't really considered. Frickin patriarchy XD

I'm glad I can help, I'm not an expert or anything but I like to learn about this sort of thing. And if you end up deciding to just ignore it, that's totally fine too, and at least for me I've noticed that sexual feelings come and go with my period, and seem to be strongest right before it. I just thought that was kind of interesting.

nah yo! Like i couldn't agree more, and this is so freggin relatable!

I'm almost embarrassed that someone has to tell me about this but like you said, its basically patriarchy's fault lol! But I mean, learning about it is empowering. And exciting

I had no clue there were those kind of podcasts out there, I will have to go check them out! I still can't believe i am doing this sometimes ;-_- but I would not if it was not a problem already... Or ig at this point i should phrase it as an opportunity XD

I feel way less alone knowing that others (you) are interested in this stuff, like idk I guess you could call me a research-junkie lol

Also, I think I deal with a lot of post/pre menstrual crap, so i will be studying those patterns now too. wowโฃ๏ธ

• Like 1