This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

I'm about to cry

CoconutCultist Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I'm literally about to cry because my brother found me cosplaying for TikTok the other night, and told me not to post anything, but I did anyway. Tonight, he heard me singing in the kitchen and thought I was making videos so he came up to check. I wasn't but I just posted one a couple hours ago, but I lied and said it was friends only. He told me to take him down, but my mom overheard, made me delete my account, and forced me to give her my phone. Thankfully I still have my tablet, but that account was the only thing keeping me going and motivated, and now I'm worried if my brother finds me again, he's gonna tell my mom upfront and then I'll have no way to do anything.Β 

• Hug 3

33 minutes ago, CoconutCultist said:

I'm literally about to cry because my brother found me cosplaying for TikTok the other night, and told me not to post anything, but I did anyway. Tonight, he heard me singing in the kitchen and thought I was making videos so he came up to check. I wasn't but I just posted one a couple hours ago, but I lied and said it was friends only. He told me to take him down, but my mom overheard, made me delete my account, and forced me to give her my phone. Thankfully I still have my tablet, but that account was the only thing keeping me going and motivated, and now I'm worried if my brother finds me again, he's gonna tell my mom upfront and then I'll have no way to do anything.Β 

i know i can suck having sibling but even if you get your tablet taken away think about this you still have us on her and you have me and the group at school:)

• Digital Mentor

9 hours ago, CoconutCultist said:

I'm sorry that this has happened. You sound very upset and I can understand why you are feeling frustrated, especially if this was the only thing keeping you motivated. I'm wondering, is there a reason why your mom and brother don't want you posting things on TikTok?Β 

I noticed that you gave your post a trigger warning so I just wanted to ask if there was a particular reason for this and check that you are feeling safe?Β 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

I'm sorry that this has happened. You sound very upset and I can understand why you are feeling frustrated, especially if this was the only thing keeping you motivated. I'm wondering, is there a reason why your mom and brother don't want you posting things on TikTok?Β 

I noticed that you gave your post a trigger warning so I just wanted to ask if there was a particular reason for this and check that you are feeling safe?Β 

I'm feeling a lot better now, but I was honestly feeling hopeless last night because that account was the only thing that gave me motivation and was one of the only things that was keeping me going other than my friends

• Digital Mentor

2 hours ago, CoconutCultist said:

I'm feeling a lot better now, but I was honestly feeling hopeless last night because that account was the only thing that gave me motivation and was one of the only things that was keeping me going other than my friends

Heyy @CoconutCultist, glad to know that you are feeling a lot better now, I totally see why you were feeling hopeless. I am sorry that you account was deleted.Β  How are you coping with things now?

Staff-Account.png

17 minutes ago, Luie said:

Heyy @CoconutCultist, glad to know that you are feeling a lot better now, I totally see why you were feeling hopeless. I am sorry that you account was deleted.Β  How are you coping with things now?

I'm doing fine, turns out instead of deleting my account, it was deactivated so I could get it back

• Digital Mentor

57 minutes ago, CoconutCultist said:

I'm doing fine, turns out instead of deleting my account, it was deactivated so I could get it back

That's really good news. I am glad you can activate it and continue posting. Moving forward is there a way you're thinking of how to post and make sure your mum does not take away your phone privileges? I want to make sure that you are being safe online ofcourse, but also being able to express yourself in a way that seems fit for you.Β 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Luie said:

That's really good news. I am glad you can activate it and continue posting. Moving forward is there a way you're thinking of how to post and make sure your mum does not take away your phone privileges? I want to make sure that you are being safe online ofcourse, but also being able to express yourself in a way that seems fit for you.Β 

I do cosplay, so I'm going to start recording after my mom and brother are in bed and putting the vids in drafts so I can have plenty if I miss a recording session

• Digital Mentor

17 hours ago, CoconutCultist said:

I do cosplay, so I'm going to start recording after my mom and brother are in bed and putting the vids in drafts so I can have plenty if I miss a recording session

Hello again, do you mind me asking, why your mom and brother don't want you to record videos and put them online? I'm just wondering what might happen if they found out that you were doing it once they are in bed?Β 

Staff-Account.png

33 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hello again, do you mind me asking, why your mom and brother don't want you to record videos and put them online? I'm just wondering what might happen if they found out that you were doing it once they are in bed?Β 

My parents don't approve of TikTok

• Digital Mentor

7 minutes ago, CoconutCultist said:

My parents don't approve of TikTok

That's difficult. Do you know why they don't approve?Β 

Staff-Account.png

26 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's difficult. Do you know why they don't approve?Β 

My church believes its the devil's app, so my parents believe that aswell

• Digital Mentor

6 minutes ago, CoconutCultist said:

I can see why it might be difficult to change your parents view on this, What do you think would happen if they found out that you are still using it? Have you spoken to them about it and maybe asked them if there is a way that they would let you use it eg with some restrictions in place?Β 

Also, just to let you know, I'm going to have to log off in a minute and I won't be back online until Monday. @LuieΒ will be back online later if you want to carry on talking to them in the meantime.Β 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

I can see why it might be difficult to change your parents view on this, What do you think would happen if they found out that you are still using it? Have you spoken to them about it and maybe asked them if there is a way that they would let you use it eg with some restrictions in place?Β 

Also, just to let you know, I'm going to have to log off in a minute and I won't be back online until Monday. @LuieΒ will be back online later if you want to carry on talking to them in the meantime.Β 

Thanks for the heads up @Aurora.Β 

@CoconutCultist, happy to continue the conversation with you on this, as long as you're okay with it as well?

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

On 3/2/2023 at 2:43 PM, CoconutCultist said:

Hi @CoconutCultist, I hope you had a nice weekend. I'm back online now if you want to talk about this some more

Staff-Account.png