Hippies Chat

Equivalent Ways Β  Β 

Spending time in nature/outside, breathing, music, calm, pace, love is love, make love not war, listening to the birds, plants, gardening, animals and anything els hippie! Lets talk and share about it!🦎🌸πŸͺ±πŸŒΏβ›…πŸ˜Ž

Good vibes❀️

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Fun fact: the aquatic frogs here have antifreeze in their blood and can freeze/hibernate in the winter having their heart stop beating but when it gets warm again they thaw out and mate 0_0🐸

• Shocked 1

Fun fact: there may be extra mushrooms here this year because of the weather we got. I go go really far in depth with fungi lol but supposedly when you walk on the earth and leave a footprint, the mycelium grows even more thereπŸ„πŸ€·πŸŒ±Β 

• 5 weeks later...

Update: I climbed a tree the other day and it was ~amazing~

Also, I like forgot about this thread lol

I hope that we have peaches on our peach trees this year, they are still young but did bloom a couple weeks ago!🌸

• Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

I hope that we have peaches on our peach trees this year, they are still young but did bloom a couple weeks ago!🌸

This is a great thread. I love that you climbed a tree the other day. I think I'm going to give it a go soon as well. I used to climb so many trees when I was little - it somehow gives you a special connection to nature. I miss that.Β 

Staff-Account.png

10 hours ago, Aurora said:

This is a great thread. I love that you climbed a tree the other day. I think I'm going to give it a go soon as well. I used to climb so many trees when I was little - it somehow gives you a special connection to nature. I miss that.Β 

Aww thanks! I think nature can really help us feel at peace and accepted🌼 You are going to try climbing a treeπŸ˜ƒ thats so exciting! Do let me know how it goes if you want😁 It is a rarity for me because i need to find just the right tree to clime, often a conifer for me. And normally I have someone come with me too just in case XD❀️

• Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Aww thanks! I think nature can really help us feel at peace and accepted🌼 You are going to try climbing a treeπŸ˜ƒ thats so exciting! Do let me know how it goes if you want😁 It is a rarity for me because i need to find just the right tree to clime, often a conifer for me. And normally I have someone come with me too just in case XD❀️

I will for sure. It might take a little while, because, like you I need to find the right tree to climb. One that is easy to climb so I don't fall offΒ πŸ˜…. But I will let you know once I've done itΒ πŸ™‚

• Yaaas 1

Staff-Account.png

9 hours ago, Aurora said:

I will for sure. It might take a little while, because, like you I need to find the right tree to climb. One that is easy to climb so I don't fall offΒ πŸ˜…. But I will let you know once I've done itΒ πŸ™‚

Ya i would love to hear your experience! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸŒ²

• 4 weeks later...
  • Digital Mentor
On 4/26/2023 at 9:57 PM, Equivalent Ways said:

Ya i would love to hear your experience! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸŒ²

I just wanted to let you know that I finally did it - I found the right tree and I climbed itΒ πŸ˜€!! It felt great to be up a tree again. Although I have to admit I'm not as fearless as I was as a little child. Definitely didn't climb up as high as I used to. Thanks though for inspiring me 😁

• Yaaas 1

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, Aurora said:

I just wanted to let you know that I finally did it - I found the right tree and I climbed itΒ πŸ˜€!! It felt great to be up a tree again. Although I have to admit I'm not as fearless as I was as a little child. Definitely didn't climb up as high as I used to. Thanks though for inspiring me 😁

Ahhhhh! That is so fun to hear! I think I was more flexible when i was a kid, literally haha I am so glad it felt right tho, thats super special and cool, good for you! I have not climbed a tree since we last talked πŸ˜… I am so happy I inspired you, its a cycle for me because I got inspired by a tree then passed it on!

❀️πŸ’ͺ🌲🌱

If you don't mine me asking (cuz it can be personal ya know) what kind of tree was it? πŸ˜ƒ

• Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Ahhhhh! That is so fun to hear! I think I was more flexible when i was a kid, literally haha I am so glad it felt right tho, thats super special and cool, good for you! I have not climbed a tree since we last talked πŸ˜… I am so happy I inspired you, its a cycle for me because I got inspired by a tree then passed it on!

❀️πŸ’ͺ🌲🌱

If you don't mine me asking (cuz it can be personal ya know) what kind of tree was it? πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks so much and thanks again for the inspiration!! I feel oddly proudΒ πŸ’ͺ My favourite part is finding a good spot to sit, listen to all the birds, insects etc around you and justΒ  enjoy the world from a completely different perspectiveΒ πŸ˜€

I don't mind you asking at all - it was an oak tree with some nice low branches and thick ones, too. Made the climbing much easierΒ πŸ˜€

• Yaaas 1

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

Thanks so much and thanks again for the inspiration!! I feel oddly proudΒ πŸ’ͺ My favourite part is finding a good spot to sit, listen to all the birds, insects etc around you and justΒ  enjoy the world from a completely different perspectiveΒ πŸ˜€

I don't mind you asking at all - it was an oak tree with some nice low branches and thick ones, too. Made the climbing much easierΒ πŸ˜€

Oh wow~

You oughta be proud :D So cool

I am not sure i have ever climbed an oak tree! The ones here have mostly high branches or ant friends πŸ€” Yes! Oh when you find that spot to sit, everything just looks different!

There are some really old oak trees around here, and I can't/don't climb them, but my gosh they are what I would call holy 😍

• Digital Mentor
On 5/23/2023 at 5:58 PM, Equivalent Ways said:

Oh wow~

You oughta be proud :D So cool

I am not sure i have ever climbed an oak tree! The ones here have mostly high branches or ant friends πŸ€” Yes! Oh when you find that spot to sit, everything just looks different!

There are some really old oak trees around here, and I can't/don't climb them, but my gosh they are what I would call holy 😍

I know, the old ones in particular seem really special.... I was lucky, because the trunk was split a bit and that helped me to get onto the first branch, as it was leaning down quite a bit- I could sort of walk up it if that makes sense. But as I said I didn't go very far up after that πŸ™ˆ- maybe next time I'll be braver!!

Staff-Account.png

6 hours ago, Aurora said:

I know, the old ones in particular seem really special.... I was lucky, because the trunk was split a bit and that helped me to get onto the first branch, as it was leaning down quite a bit- I could sort of walk up it if that makes sense. But as I said I didn't go very far up after that πŸ™ˆ- maybe next time I'll be braver!!

Sure! You do kinda build up trust of the tree and yourself overtime, so I would understand if next time you wanted to take one step up higher into that tree 😁

Ah and yes, I am not sure this is quite what you are talking about but there is an oooooold oak around here where some branches actually dip and touch the ground!Β 

lol it’s funny cuz we are not squirrels but we still kinda enjoy climbing πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ€­

• Digital Mentor
19 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Sure! You do kinda build up trust of the tree and yourself overtime, so I would understand if next time you wanted to take one step up higher into that tree 😁

Ah and yes, I am not sure this is quite what you are talking about but there is an oooooold oak around here where some branches actually dip and touch the ground!Β 

lol it’s funny cuz we are not squirrels but we still kinda enjoy climbing πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ€­

So true!! Sometimes I wish I was a squirrel 🐿️ or a monkey 🐡 😁

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

So true!! Sometimes I wish I was a squirrel 🐿️ or a monkey 🐡 😁

Oh life would be so different wouldn’t it! I know this is kinda a personal thing for ppl, but we are quite similar to monkeys really 🧐 but also it is so hard to climb ironically πŸ˜†

• Digital Mentor
On 5/26/2023 at 4:36 PM, Equivalent Ways said:

Oh life would be so different wouldn’t it! I know this is kinda a personal thing for ppl, but we are quite similar to monkeys really 🧐 but also it is so hard to climb ironically πŸ˜†

Haha, I know. Watching monkeys climb is quite something!! I think we can learn a lot from themΒ πŸ˜†

Staff-Account.png

Trees trees trees :D

There's a park pretty close to my house (There are many, tbh, and it's like that in the entire city, so...not location specific =) Anywayys sorry for my overuse of parentheses) and it has a singular tree that's climable....but they took down a bunch of branches but IΒ stillΒ climb it. Anyway, it's really fun to hang out in it and draw or whatever, and sometimes I try to pull my dog up with me so she can see the view :) But every once in a while some person will come tell me how much they miss climbing the tree because they climbed it when they were younger. It's an interesting community bonding experience

Edited by SCARE

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, SCARE said:

Trees trees trees :D

There's a park pretty close to my house (There are many, tbh, and it's like that in the entire city, so...not location specific =) Anywayys sorry for my overuse of parentheses) and it has a singular tree that's climable....but they took down a bunch of branches but IΒ stillΒ climb it. Anyway, it's really fun to hang out in it and draw or whatever, and sometimes I try to pull my dog up with me so she can see the view :) But every once in a while some person will come tell me how much they miss climbing the tree because they climbed it when they were younger. It's an interesting community bonding experience

That's impressive πŸ’ͺ! I need low branches to be able to climb a tree :)Β 

Haha, what does your dog think about being pulled up a tree?

I agree, climbing trees really can be a community bonding experience. I think, deep down, everyone wants to do it, right? There is something very special about trees. For me, they are really grounding....

Staff-Account.png

OH MY GOSH, I LOVE THIS CHAT!!!!

I also love trees, too!! And climbing them!!! I love the feeling of being in the branches and looking out over at everything, and feeling powerful, especially when sometimes it feels like we're so small in this world. When you're in a tree, it's just you, and the branches, and the sky.

What's even more exhilarating is climbing high in a tree when it's windy :):):) Maybe not the safest thing lol, but it's fun :)

I think everyone should climb trees more often, and allow their inner child to surface a bit more.

On 4/24/2023 at 12:26 PM, Equivalent Ways said:

You have a peach tree?! That is so cool!!! Has it produced any fruit before?

• Digital Mentor
13 hours ago, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

I think everyone should climb trees more often, and allow their inner child to surface a bit more.

I agree πŸ˜€!! I feel like there would be a lot less conflict in the world if people just climbed trees more often 🌳

Staff-Account.png