Snapchat blackmail

sparky154 Β  Β 

I added a girl on instagram which then added me on snap, she asked to exchange pictures (nudes) and we did. After i sent her mine she threatened to ruin my life by exposing to everyone i know, family friends, coworkers. She demanded 100 dollars so i sent but she still said she was going to leak them.Β 

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, sparky154 said:

I added a girl on instagram which then added me on snap, she asked to exchange pictures (nudes) and we did. After i sent her mine she threatened to ruin my life by exposing to everyone i know, family friends, coworkers. She demanded 100 dollars so i sent but she still said she was going to leak them.Β 

Heyy @sparky154, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label.Β Thank you for reaching out on the community.Β 

I'm sorry to hear that they are sending your nude content and blackmailing you as well. None of this is your fault, and you had no idea that they would break your trust like this. I can imagine this is all pretty stressful for you; how are you feeling and coping with it all?

I want you to know that there are a few things you can do next.

1) If you would find it helpful, we may be able to have their social media account removed as they have done it on Snapchat. To do this, please send both of your usernames and a screenshot of the conversation where they threaten you to support@ditchthelabel.org Please block out any of the nude content when you send this over.

2) I would consider reporting this to the police as they are the best people to help you in this situation

3) Once you have got the evidence you need to report to us and the police, I would then encourage you to block the user

4) I am aware that you have sent money across ($100), however, moving forward please do not send anymore as this will just lead them to further ask a bigger amount every time

Β 

Β 

Staff-Account.png

I have already blocked the user and wont be able to access the messages because of that. As the situation unfolded i panicked and just blocked her without screenshotting anything. Is there anything else i can do

• Digital Mentor
On 2/24/2023 at 8:15 PM, sparky154 said:

I have already blocked the user and wont be able to access the messages because of that. As the situation unfolded i panicked and just blocked her without screenshotting anything. Is there anything else i can do

I was wondering if you'd be able to reach out to the police in your area for this matter? Even though you do not have the screenshots, you do have the transaction proof of the $100 that you have made. How do you feel about going through with this?

Staff-Account.png