Losing myself

Blc ย  ย 

22 minutes ago, Blc said:

So, done with lifeย 

Whatโ€™s wrong? Are you ok?

I know you mentioned youโ€™re from the uk, if you feel like you need someone to speak to if your feeling down or in crisis then please reach out to these organisations who are trained in supporting young people in mental health issues:

Shout, 85258 - ( 24-7 service )ย 

Samaratians, 116123 ( 24-7 service )

111 if you need medical assistance.

999 in an emergency.

of course you have the lovely support mentors who can kindly give you support from the confidential support section,

whatโ€™s gotten you so down today? If I may ask.ย 
ย 

@Monsoonย @Auroraย @Luieย 

7 minutes ago, Blc said:

Sorry ignore that I had a bad moment I'm OK now, its just been a weird dayย 

Hey there,

Are you sure you're okay now? Would you like to talk with us on confidential support?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

9 minutes ago, Blc said:

Sorry ignore that I had a bad moment I'm OK now, its just been a weird dayย 

You donโ€™t sound ok.. Iโ€™m always here if you need someone to talk to, remember you deserve support and youโ€™re not aloneย 

Not okay, I talked to my friends about what was going on and it didn't help, I feel so useless, nobody gets it, I feel like I'm a disappointment to everyone I've realised what the problem is, its me it's always been me, I don't deserve any love or support, I'm losing myself again ๐Ÿ˜ญ

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Blc said:

Not okay, I talked to my friends about what was going on and it didn't help, I feel so useless, nobody gets it, I feel like I'm a disappointment to everyone I've realised what the problem is, its me it's always been me, I don't deserve any love or support, I'm losing myself again ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Heyy @Blc,ย I'm so very sorry to hear that you're feeling so low right now. It's understandable to feel that way sometimes, but I wantย  to remind you of something I've learned about that voice in our heads which is your negative thoughts about yourself are not necessarily true. Even though it might sound super convincing right now. Feeling useless or like a disappointment to others can be really tough, But I do want to support you in challenging those thoughts and trying to reframe them in a more positive light, if you would like that too? And, hey, c'monย everyone has flaws and makes mistakes, and that doesn't mean you're not worthy of love and support. Because we are here for you.ย 

Season 5 Hug GIF by The Office

ย 

• Yaaas 1

Staff-Account.png

Heyyy @Blc, dont mind me casually pooping in this thread :) But since the time I have been here, I have seen you go through some kinda rough times... i kinda know what that is like..

But hey, i am here, i care, and if you want to talk then, go for itโœŒ๏ธ

On 4/28/2023 at 9:39 AM, Blc said:

oh haha! I just realized that you said you tried talking to ppl and it did not help, so why would you want to talk to me๐Ÿ˜… thats ok, there is no pressure, just know that you are worth :)

(think bout it, your or gan s are like, at least 50 grand! Thats worth something!) lol sorry, i use humor to cope, but hey, maybe it gave you a laugh

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

oh haha! I just realized that you said you tried talking to ppl and it did not help, so why would you want to talk to me๐Ÿ˜… thats ok, there is no pressure, just know that you are worth :)

(think bout it, your or gan s are like, at least 50 grand! Thats worth something!) lol sorry, i use humor to cope, but hey, maybe it gave you a laugh

Nah it's OK lol i don't mind, that actually Made me laugh, I've never thought of it that way lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

2 hours ago, Blc said:

Nah it's OK lol i don't mind, that actually Made me laugh, I've never thought of it that way lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

i am glad ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ‘

just for your eye, its like $ 1,500 haha! ok that sounds cree py, but like, if it gets my point across then thats good๐Ÿ˜Š

21 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

i am glad ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ‘

just for your eye, its like $ 1,500 haha! ok that sounds cree py, but like, if it gets my point across then thats good๐Ÿ˜Š

Nah its not lol I needed a laugh, had a pretty bad mental breakdown the other day so I'm just trying to focus on myself it hasn't been fun, but it did get your point across so thank you I appreciate it:)ย 

2 hours ago, Blc said:

Nah its not lol I needed a laugh, had a pretty bad mental breakdown the other day so I'm just trying to focus on myself it hasn't been fun, but it did get your point across so thank you I appreciate it:)ย 

oh i am so glad๐Ÿ˜Š Eh, not for the mental breakdown point tho-- sorry about that :(

lol I can get easily lost in 'trying to focus on myself'(its a good thing its just) something to keep in mind ig ๐Ÿ‘ we're around here if you do be wanting to talk about it :)

13 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

oh i am so glad๐Ÿ˜Š Eh, not for the mental breakdown point tho-- sorry about that :(

lol I can get easily lost in 'trying to focus on myself'(its a good thing its just) something to keep in mind ig ๐Ÿ‘ we're around here if you do be wanting to talk about it :)

You know what? It's OK I think I needed that mental breakdown because now I'm feeling a little better I had it because my mind was bottling up all of these things dating, friendships feeling really unappreciated, and just myself in general, so I'm taking a break to reasemble my thoughts and pull myself togetherย 

7 hours ago, Blc said:

You know what? It's OK I think I needed that mental breakdown because now I'm feeling a little better I had it because my mind was bottling up all of these things dating, friendships feeling really unappreciated, and just myself in general, so I'm taking a break to reasemble my thoughts and pull myself togetherย 

you know, I like that attitudeโ•If, this is how you view it, then I am very supportive of letting feelings out, and then you get to mold yourself back in place haha! Sounds like you(not mood wise, but just action/attitude wise) are doing really great yo! At least from my perspective :)

But you don't need me to tell you that :P seems like you are already working on believing in yourselfโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’ช

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blc said:

Updates, been having really bad mental breakdowns this week, been feeling really unappreciated by everyoneย 

hiya! oof :/ what do you mean when you say mental breakdowns.. I kinda assume its not a great thing in this context, but do you mean like you are coming to lots of realizations?

Anyway, I have a pin that says' "You matter not to me, but to someone!"

LOL, it just cracks me up

And I mean, i appreciate the energy you put in to give us an update ':) But im sorry times are so rough for you right now

20 hours ago, Blc said:

Updates, been having really bad mental breakdowns this week, been feeling really unappreciated by everyoneย 

Hey there, I messaged you on Confidential Support.ย  Hope to talk soon and I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way.

Staff-Account.png

17 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

hiya! oof :/ what do you mean when you say mental breakdowns.. I kinda assume its not a great thing in this context, but do you mean like you are coming to lots of realizations?

Anyway, I have a pin that says' "You matter not to me, but to someone!"

LOL, it just cracks me up

And I mean, i appreciate the energy you put in to give us an update ':) But im sorry times are so rough for you right now

Its OK and you're not too far off the mark, what I mean by mental breakdown is that people send me messages about them struggling and it happens when I'm taking time. Off to myself and then I have a panic attack which then leads to a meltdown but I don't actually cry, it's a mix between a breakdown and a meltdown so I call it a mental breakdown, and then I say that it's all my fault and since I think I need to be perfect for everyone I have to keep telling myself I have to be perfect which involves me, just pretending I'm happy for everyone otherwise I think I'm imperfect and thats not what I should be I should be perfect fir everyoneย 

Edited by Blc
  • Hug 1

3 hours ago, Blc said:

Its OK and you're not too far off the mark, what I mean by mental breakdown is that people send me messages about them struggling and it happens when I'm taking time. Off to myself and then I have a panic attack which then leads to a meltdown but I don't actually cry, it's a mix between a breakdown and a meltdown so I call it a mental breakdown, and then I say that it's all my fault and since I think I need to be perfect for everyone I have to keep telling myself I have to be perfect which involves me, just pretending I'm happy for everyone otherwise I think I'm imperfect and thats not what I should be I should be perfect fir everyoneย 

alright, thanks for explaining it to me some.

speaking just now after experiencing a little bit ago a mental breakdown as you call it, I can understand a little more now :( For me it was just the feeling that my body suddenly became frozen, and it was like I could not blink. Then i just wanted to hit a lot of things, I would say mine was more a meltdown but also I did not cry๐Ÿฅฒ

I mean, we don't need to be perfect for everyone. We already are perfectly ourselves...๐Ÿ˜”โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿฉน and its worth acknowledging that you have the clarity of knowing the damage of pretending over and over again..

Sigh, im not sure what to tell you๐Ÿซ‚ but that around here at least you don't have to be perfect. I don't want you to have to be perfect anywhere tho๐Ÿ’Ÿ

• Digital Mentor
4 hours ago, Blc said:

Heyy @Blc,ย Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on community.ย  It sounds like you have a lot of pressure on yourself to be perfect and always available for others. It's understandable that receiving messages from people struggling while you're taking time for yourself can be overwhelming and trigger a panic attack and meltdown. I want you to know that it's okay to take time for yourself and prioritize your own mental health. In fact, it's healthy to do so, you can't pour from an empty cup right? It's also okay to not be perfect, no one is. I'm here to listen and support you. Is there anything specific you'd like to talk about or explore further?

ย 

• Yaaas 1

Staff-Account.png

44 minutes ago, Luie said:

Heyy @Blc,ย Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on community.ย  It sounds like you have a lot of pressure on yourself to be perfect and always available for others. It's understandable that receiving messages from people struggling while you're taking time for yourself can be overwhelming and trigger a panic attack and meltdown. I want you to know that it's okay to take time for yourself and prioritize your own mental health. In fact, it's healthy to do so, you can't pour from an empty cup right? It's also okay to not be perfect, no one is. I'm here to listen and support you. Is there anything specific you'd like to talk about or explore further?

Luie, you explained it very wellโค๏ธ๐Ÿฅน you really cant pour from an empty cup.. It can get too exhausting.

• Hug 1

2 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

alright, thanks for explaining it to me some.

speaking just now after experiencing a little bit ago a mental breakdown as you call it, I can understand a little more now :( For me it was just the feeling that my body suddenly became frozen, and it was like I could not blink. Then i just wanted to hit a lot of things, I would say mine was more a meltdown but also I did not cry๐Ÿฅฒ

I mean, we don't need to be perfect for everyone. We already are perfectly ourselves...๐Ÿ˜”โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿฉน and its worth acknowledging that you have the clarity of knowing the damage of pretending over and over again..

Sigh, im not sure what to tell you๐Ÿซ‚ but that around here at least you don't have to be perfect. I don't want you to have to be perfect anywhere tho๐Ÿ’Ÿ

Thank you and I feel that, sometimes when these breakdowns happen, I want to punch things myself thank you so much, for saying I don't need to perfect, I need a screwdriver to make sure that thought is stuck deep into my brain so I don't forget it! Lol โ™ฅ๏ธ

• Hug 1

17 minutes ago, Blc said:

Thank you and I feel that, sometimes when these breakdowns happen, I want to punch things myself thank you so much, for saying I don't need to perfect, I need a screwdriver to make sure that thought is stuck deep into my brain so I don't forget it! Lol โ™ฅ๏ธ

haha! I like the screw driver, lol imagine getting a tattoo that says how you dont need to be perfect ๐Ÿคฃ but yeah, get it in there, cuz ppl can just leave you be, while you are just being..you :)๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿช„