What do I do to help my friend?

learningbrain    

When I have put thoughts into words everything seems so exaggerated.

One time I was praising my other friends work.(In chat) They were honest ones but my screen was filled with my comments. It seemed exaggerated. I even said specific comments.( Example: The font you choose for English is matching it's elegance. I personified English. I imagine English as an elegant subject.)

• Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, learningbrain said:

I wanted to gift her because she would feel bad if he didn't gift her. I would lighten her mood. I didn't spend any money. I was planning to sing a movie  song and write the lyrics in a beautiful handwriting and give it to her. And write a romantic letter (which is copied from internet, I am not that poetic to write love letters) to her.

I am doing this so that she feels good. I don't want her to feel sad because of of stupid idiot.

This is sweet and thoughtful of you, just know that you need not replace that dynamic for her, it's not your responsibility in any way to make her feel special on Valentines day because her boyfriend did not step up to do so. If your intention is to make sure she is okay and doing things for her because you want to that is different, in the long run it'll do more harm than good as she needs to understand how he is prioritising things in his life and if she is not one of them then over time she'll begin to see it. How do you feel about this suggestion?

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, learningbrain said:

One time I was praising my other friends work.(In chat) They were honest ones but my screen was filled with my comments. It seemed exaggerated. I even said specific comments.( Example: The font you choose for English is matching it's elegance. I personified English. I imagine English as an elegant subject.)

I find it interesting how invested you are in your friends relationship and wanting well for her, which I think is an extremely caring trait, however, I was wondering how is your that part of your life currently and in the past?

Staff-Account.png

It seemed exaggerated when I told that I was going to gift my friend on Valentine's day (It was normal when I thought about it ). I was referring a similar incident.

23 minutes ago, Luie said:

I find it interesting how invested you are in your friends relationship and wanting well for her, which I think is an extremely caring trait, however, I was wondering how is your that part of your life currently and in the past?

• Digital Mentor
On 2/18/2023 at 2:45 PM, learningbrain said:

It seemed exaggerated when I told that I was going to gift my friend on Valentine's day (It was normal when I thought about it ). I was referring a similar incident.

What do you mean by 'it seemed exaggerated'? and what was the similar incident that you mentioned?

Staff-Account.png

This is the similar incident I was mentioning 

On 2/18/2023 at 7:45 AM, learningbrain said:

21 hours ago, Luie said:

What do you mean by 'it seemed exaggerated'? and what was the similar incident that you mentioned?

I felt it was exaggerated because I didn't do this kind of things even for my grandmother whom I love.

• Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, learningbrain said:

I felt it was exaggerated because I didn't do this kind of things even for my grandmother whom I love.

That's interesting, you want to share more as to why you think you felt the urge to do this for your friend?

Staff-Account.png

9 hours ago, learningbrain said:

My mom said that I acted like a bouncer for my grandmother in the temple. In temples people forget decency and push each other like kindergarten children. I was making sure that my grandmother was not hurt due to the crowd.

I didn't gift something on her birthday but I show her my affection by taking care of her.

7 hours ago, Luie said:

That's interesting, you want to share more as to why you think you felt the urge to do this for your friend?

I can go to her home and take care of her so I think that is why I was going to gift her.

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, learningbrain said:

My mom said that I acted like a bouncer for my grandmother in the temple. In temples people forget decency and push each other like kindergarten children. I was making sure that my grandmother was not hurt due to the crowd.

I didn't gift something on her birthday but I show her my affection by taking care of her.

16 hours ago, learningbrain said:

I can go to her home and take care of her so I think that is why I was going to gift her.

From both of these messages I gather that your giving love language is through 'Acts of Service' ; just in case you haven't read about the love languages, here's a brief explanation (https://www.piedmont.org/living-better/what-is-your-love-language), please do let me know if I got yours right?

Staff-Account.png

Yes you are right.

On 2/21/2023 at 10:22 PM, Luie said:

From both of these messages I gather that your giving love language is through 'Acts of Service' ; just in case you haven't read about the love languages, here's a brief explanation (https://www.piedmont.org/living-better/what-is-your-love-language), please do let me know if I got yours right?

• Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, learningbrain said:

My post is hidden and I don't why?? It says it needs to be approved.

That's odd. I think your posts are approved now. Hope everything is okay?

Staff-Account.png

6 hours ago, Luie said:

That's odd. I think your posts are approved now. Hope everything is okay?

Yes everything is okay.

I am unable to mark a post as a solution. The option is not available.