How do I study for a test when I keep not wanting to?

A User    

I have like a billion fucking things to do for next week (math test on a monday, science test on wednesday, osslt practice test sometime on tuesday or smth)

i dont know where to start

i mean, i kinda know where to start ish. i dont have my science notes written up for the things im supposed to know (bc there's just so much to write and my brain won't let me start) and i still have to study for math (which i think is placed at the front of importance cuz that's happening on a monday)

im doing ok in math so i can focus a bit more on science if needed but idk where to start

or even how to get the motivation

and also i have exams near end of january so i gotta find time to study for that too (bc exams are a huge part of overall mark and if i fail my grade could go down a lot)

my plan was to study for it starting this weekend  (bc i planned it all out) but now i have tests to study for and im not sure how to mix it all up

i hate semester 1 rn

i wish that the Timetable Gods didn't put math and science in one semester

Edited by A User

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, A User said:

I have like a billion fucking things to do for next week (math test on a monday, science test on wednesday, osslt practice test sometime on tuesday or smth)

i dont know where to start

i mean, i kinda know where to start ish. i dont have my science notes written up for the things im supposed to know (bc there's just so much to write and my brain won't let me start) and i still have to study for math (which i think is placed at the front of importance cuz that's happening on a monday)

im doing ok in math so i can focus a bit more on science if needed but idk where to start

or even how to get the motivation

and also i have exams near end of january so i gotta find time to study for that too (bc exams are a huge part of overall mark and if i fail my grade could go down a lot)

my plan was to study for it starting this weekend  (bc i planned it all out) but now i have tests to study for and im not sure how to mix it all up

i hate semester 1 rn

i wish that the Timetable Gods didn't put math and science in one semester

Heyy @A User, Science and Math together does sound super annoying for sure, but that's something we currently can't change right? So let's try and figure out what migh tbe the most helpful for you. 

You mentioned starting to study this weekend, trust me, I know what you're going through in terms of lack of motivation, feelings of overwhelm and high level of procrastination. There are multiple ways to help on this topic but because it's literally in this upcoming week, perhaps you can share with me the study plan you've created for yourself? I've put down a rough template to help you organize yourself a little. 

Saturday -

Sunday -

Monday - Math Test 

Tuesday - OSSLT Practice Test 

Wednesday - Science Test 

19th to 31st January'23 - 

End of January - Exam season 

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Luie said:

Heyy @A User, Science and Math together does sound super annoying for sure, but that's something we currently can't change right? So let's try and figure out what migh tbe the most helpful for you. 

You mentioned starting to study this weekend, trust me, I know what you're going through in terms of lack of motivation, feelings of overwhelm and high level of procrastination. There are multiple ways to help on this topic but because it's literally in this upcoming week, perhaps you can share with me the study plan you've created for yourself? I've put down a rough template to help you organize yourself a little. 

Saturday -

Sunday -

Monday - Math Test 

Tuesday - OSSLT Practice Test 

Wednesday - Science Test 

19th to 31st January'23 - 

End of January - Exam season 

idk i was planning exam studying on all days youve mentioned but that's a bit messy so i was thinking math (with some science) today n tommorow and science up until the test but it's already 4pm rn and ive wasted the whole day doing nothing

• Digital Mentor
21 hours ago, A User said:

idk i was planning exam studying on all days youve mentioned but that's a bit messy so i was thinking math (with some science) today n tommorow and science up until the test but it's already 4pm rn and ive wasted the whole day doing nothing

Heyy @A User, sometimes when there is a lot going on our minds and bodies tend to shut down and procrastinating is a strong sign of it, it sounds to me that you're experiencing something similar. Is that correct?

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, Luie said:

Heyy @A User, sometimes when there is a lot going on our minds and bodies tend to shut down and procrastinating is a strong sign of it, it sounds to me that you're experiencing something similar. Is that correct?

idk about shutting down, i tend to binge yt and go on socials other than work

sometimes i can work well if i actually start and i have lofi on but otherwise i dont know

• Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, A User said:

idk about shutting down, i tend to binge yt and go on socials other than work

sometimes i can work well if i actually start and i have lofi on but otherwise i dont know

Heyy @A User, How was your day today and how did the math test go?

It does sound like a great idea to put lofi music and start working. I know two platforms which are great for student studying and use the Pomodoro technique of (25 mins with 5 mins break or 50 mins work with 10 mins break). You are basically paired with another stranger working on their tasks and this will provide some accountability as well. Would this be something you're up for trying?

Resources:

• www.focusmate.com
  • www.cofocus.one

Staff-Account.png

23 hours ago, Luie said:

Heyy @A User, How was your day today and how did the math test go?

It does sound like a great idea to put lofi music and start working. I know two platforms which are great for student studying and use the Pomodoro technique of (25 mins with 5 mins break or 50 mins work with 10 mins break). You are basically paired with another stranger working on their tasks and this will provide some accountability as well. Would this be something you're up for trying?

Resources:

• www.focusmate.com
  • www.cofocus.one

Forgot to answer but I think I flunked this test

I didn't even touch 2 questions, probably got a few wrong (and there were like 13 or so questions total)

I could try the focus with someone else thing, maybe that'll help

Update: unsure how but I've gotten a runny nose n my mom wants me to stay home tommorow (on the day of my science test) so I guess more study time for me?