Should I stand up against my dad when he make fun of me and/or my mom's family?

CoconutCultist Β  Β 

I'm torn because usually I just break down crying or get really angry, I'm trying to work on that. I really want to stand up for myself though, because it makes feel horrible

28 minutes ago, CoconutCultist said:

I'm torn because usually I just break down crying or get really angry, I'm trying to work on that. I really want to stand up for myself though, because it makes feel horrible

Unless he's gonna kick u out or smth, then yes you should definitely should stand up for yourself. I have a couple times to my dad & all it resulted in was an huge argument between us nothing serious

I have been like that in the past as well (crying and/or getting angry) but I've learned that ya gotta stand up for urself because if you don't, who will? Trust me its MUCH better then sitting there being bad mouthed & not doin nothing.Β 

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
11 hours ago, CoconutCultist said:

Hi @CoconutCultist, welcome to Ditch the Label. It's lovely to have you hereΒ πŸ˜€. I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here.Β 

I think it's great that you've recognised that you would like to stand up for yourself. Standing up for yourself is not easy but it's definitely something we can work on and it can make us feel better about ourselves. I think it helps us to feel like we are doing something and that we have more control over the situation. Β Do you mind me asking, is it just with your Dad or is it something you struggle with with other people, too?Β 

Staff-Account.png

You should definitely stand up for yourself if you can! I’ve been like that to, and recently i started standing up for myself when my mom said something about me I didn’t like. I feels better, like you fianally have control of something in your life (for me at leastπŸ˜„). Think about what you want to do, and do it! If it’s not that simple for you, try getting some support, and maybe having a backup plan?

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Hi @CoconutCultist, welcome to Ditch the Label. It's lovely to have you hereΒ πŸ˜€. I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here.Β 

I think it's great that you've recognised that you would like to stand up for yourself. Standing up for yourself is not easy but it's definitely something we can work on and it can make us feel better about ourselves. I think it helps us to feel like we are doing something and that we have more control over the situation. Β Do you mind me asking, is it just with your Dad or is it something you struggle with with other people, too?Β 

It's only really my dad I struggle with

• Digital Mentor
On 1/6/2023 at 3:03 PM, CoconutCultist said:

It's only really my dad I struggle with

Thank you for clarifying. In that case, can you think back to a situation where you stood up to someone else? Can you remember, what you did, what you said, what body language you used Β and how it made you feel?Β 

Staff-Account.png