I don't know if i'm a transgender or just confused help

justarandomperson    

Heya JustARandomPerson,

I'm curious, what you mean by "fit in"... what are you trying to fit in with? Who would you be trying to fit in with?

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hey JustARandomPerson,

You've been sharing with people, which is incredible... but don't worry if it shifts a little bit as you get to know yourself more and more.

You choosing to be open and honest about the person you are, inside, can be scary, but it's so necessary for your joy and happiness! You being your truest self is against the 'norm' so I really don't believe you're doing this to fit in. You're being bold because you want to step away from the mundane path you were conditioned to believe your life had to be.

The way you want to express yourself is going to look different than anyone else... and now is your time to start exploring what your expression does look like. You get to find your unique "you."

:)

-willow

Heya JustARandomPerson,

Why is that one side telling you is wrong about what you want? Do you think it's because of fear of lack of support? Fear of being misunderstood? Because many parts of society is telling us these things are bad?

What about what you want is feeling wrong? Is it the way you want to dress, smell, be addressed?

Why is the way you were living your life before (unhappy) the 'right' way to live?

-willow

Hey there!

I'm so glad you're able to tell the difference between the real you (your wants, needs, and desires) and the person you were conditioned to be. What may be considered more ?socially acceptable'...

But like you said, before.. you don't want to sacrifice happiness. Ignoring your true self comes with many consequences (depression, anxiety, etc.) that I know you don't want anymore.

That's why I'm glad you are building a support group. They are examples of people loving you for exactly who you are and are meant to be.

I know it's hard to choose the life that doesn't ?conform? with society. You're sure to stand out, in one way or another. But standing out gives you a strength. And through that strength you can show others that their truest self is just as important.

Many people will not understand major shifts in your existence... but I'm sure they could relate to the fact you want to express yourself in a more feminine way. We have a culture of toxic masculinity... and so many of people feel forced to present masculinely for acceptance.

You are loved as the best version of yourself... and no one can tell you what your ?best version? looks like.

??

-willow

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It sounded like she was feeling like she was just going through the motions and not living her life to the fullest. She was saying she wanted to be happy, more happy than she is now. I think that's admirable, and I think people should do what makes them happy, including you, JustaRandomPerson. If that means transitioning to be female, then I feel that is what should happen. I hope you find your version of happiness. Keep us updated!

-Techy-