Someone is going to leak my private picture

haider_astro    

I talked with a stranger and we exchanged pics. I sent a private pic of my crotch and they screenshotted it and threatedned to send it
to all my following on instagram and i tried to remove all my followers but they screenshotted all of them. They want
me to buy them steam gift cards and things. They have provided an email which may be helpful and
their snapchat account which i believe is a fake account. I need help because I am a muslim and I knew this was
stupid and it was against my religion. They say they will delete the photos if Ill do this but I am so scared that they won't because I
bought them one steam card and they asked for another. I'm stalling for the time being but please help.

• Digital Mentor
54 minutes ago, haider_astro said:

I talked with a stranger and we exchanged pics. I sent a private pic of my crotch and they screenshotted it and threatedned to send it
to all my following on instagram and i tried to remove all my followers but they screenshotted all of them. They want
me to buy them steam gift cards and things. They have provided an email which may be helpful and
their snapchat account which i believe is a fake account. I need help because I am a muslim and I knew this was
stupid and it was against my religion. They say they will delete the photos if Ill do this but I am so scared that they won't because I
bought them one steam card and they asked for another. I'm stalling for the time being but please help.

Hi @haider_astro, welcome to the Community. I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here. I'm really glad you found us. There are lots of others here, who have been through a similar experience to you.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're being threatened with your nudes. Please know, that you did nothing wrong and you did not deserve any of this. I can imagine this is very stressful for you, but I just want you to know that you have come to the right place and we can help you. 

Firstly, if you would find it helpful, we may be able to have their Instagram account removed. To do this, please send a link to your account and theirs with screenshots of the conversation where they threaten you. You can either use our only support tool at the bottom of this page or click on this link  https://ditchthelabel.org/report/You can also send an email to support@ditchthelabel.org if you prefer. Please block out any of the nude content when you send this over.

Secondly, I would advise you to make your all your social media accounts private if they are not already and block the individual (be sure to also select the option to block any new accounts they might make). You could even ask your followers to block the account. If they know your real name, take this out of any social media usernames. You could also try to find their account on other social media platforms and block them there. 

Thirdly, I would report this to the police because the blackmail aspect of this is a crime. Do you mind me asking, how old you are? Depending on your age and where you live, they are committing a crime just by having your picture, if you’re below 18.

We have lots of experience in supporting people who have been blackmailed to pay money. As a general rule, we advise to never pay the individual. Their only motivation is money, and when they realise they aren’t going to get it, they have nothing to gain by then leaking the picture, because they know they won’t get money. They could also get into lots of trouble if they did and I am sure they are aware of this. Therefore, ignore all communication. From experience, the more time that passes, the less likely it is that the content will be leaked as the individual usually then moves on. How does that all sound? 

Staff-Account.png