ehh i need advice lol

anuyez21    

in the beginning of the school year, i befriended a girl i thought was interesting. she had no friends and we bonded very well. i often push my friends away due to my difficult and possessive personality, but she had nobody else, so i secretly enjoyed that. i introduced her to my friend group, and she she won everyone over. her way of bonding with the others was talking crap about me. although she was unspeakably rude to me, making fun of my appearance and such, i still hung out with her. i share many periods with her and i'm scared to look lonely in front of others. recently, she has been talking crap about me to people less than a feet away from my face and also trying to get physical. now she's the one who won't leave me alone. what should i do? i feel like this is all well deserved. how do i fix my personality? 

• Digital Mentor
11 hours ago, anuyez21 said:

in the beginning of the school year, i befriended a girl i thought was interesting. she had no friends and we bonded very well. i often push my friends away due to my difficult and possessive personality, but she had nobody else, so i secretly enjoyed that. i introduced her to my friend group, and she she won everyone over. her way of bonding with the others was talking crap about me. although she was unspeakably rude to me, making fun of my appearance and such, i still hung out with her. i share many periods with her and i'm scared to look lonely in front of others. recently, she has been talking crap about me to people less than a feet away from my face and also trying to get physical. now she's the one who won't leave me alone. what should i do? i feel like this is all well deserved. how do i fix my personality? 

Hi @anuyez21, welcome to the Community. It's lovely to have you here 😀. I'm Aurora and I'm one of the support mentors here. I give support and advice to those who reach out to us. 

I'm sorry to hear about what's been going on with your friend. She does not sound like a very good friend. Would you agree? I noticed that you mentioned that you feel like this is well deserved and I would like to reassure you that none of this is your fault. You did a kind thing, by befriending a girl who didn't have any friends and it's not OK for her to treat you like this! Please know that we are here for you and we can support you through this.

It sounds to me like you are being bullied by this girl. What do you think? I'm wondering whether you have spoken to anyone at your school about what has been going on? 

Staff-Account.png

first of all, i don't think you deserve that treatment. i don't think anybody does, no matter your personality. at this point, she's being a bad friend to you and cutting her off sounds like the best option. i know it's easier said than done, but it's not worth having a friend who mistreats you. i was in a similar situation where i made friends with someone who had no other friends. i think it was when i was around your age too. i understand what you mean about secretly enjoying this situation - it can feel kinda empowering to be someone's only option. i agree that's not a fair way to treat someone, but you still don't deserve the treatment she gives you. unfortunately, i learned the hard way that people who have no friends, like absolutely zero, usually don't have them for a reason.

what do your friends think? are they okay with her acting this way?