Should I tell my parents that I'm Bi?

-Aussie- Β  Β 

like i could just get it all over with and the worst that could happen is i get kicked out

17 hours ago, _mysticalMajesty_ said:

I mean they all ready know i had a girl friend and they are mad about that so might as well tell them i am bi.

Ok, uhh i don't really know how to help anymore than i have already tried.

4 minutes ago, lgbtqbi5 said:

Ok, uhh i don't really know how to help anymore than i have already tried.

its fine, thanks for the other help

17 hours ago, _mysticalMajesty_ said:

like i could just get it all over with and the worst that could happen is i get kicked out

Hold up, how old are you. If you're under the age of 18 it IS NOT OK for you to be kicked out

2 hours ago, lgbtqbi5 said:

Hold up, how old are you. If you're under the age of 18 it IS NOT OK for you to be kicked out

12, about to be 13

ingnore

Edited by _mysticalMajesty_

ingnore

Edited by _mysticalMajesty_

• Ditch the Label Staff
On 12/7/2022 at 9:38 PM, _mysticalMajesty_ said:

Hey! I'm Blondie - one of the support mentors here. I'm so sorry that what should be something you can share with confidence that it will be met with joy has the potential for this.

Obviously we should all be free to be our authentic selves but I realise that the real world does not always operate this way. We always advise that if you think it's a real possibility that you would get kicked out, to wait until you are able to leave home to be independent, such as for work or college. Your safety is a priority at all times. Β 

Staff-Account.png

On 12/8/2022 at 11:34 AM, -Maddie- said:

12, about to be 13Β 

Just turned 13 in october

Edited by lgbtqbi5
just forgot something

On 12/5/2022 at 5:47 PM, -Maddie- said:

My parents are homophobic and they make jokes about Lgbtq+. When they do it around me it kinda makes me mad about it. I think I am going to tell them that I am Bi. I don't know if it is a good idea to cause I don't know if I will be safe by doing it. I want to wait but this is getting on my nerves. They make fun of one of my friends casue he is trans and they say I should not be friends with him and I don't know what to do anymore its just all too much for me.Β 

Hey! I totally feel you. I am bi too and my parents are homophobic. They make jokes about it all the time and say disrespectful things about it. The thing is that I am not sure if I want to tell them because mostly I keep all my secrets to myself. I don't even talk to my friends about many things. Not even my friends know that I'm bi (mostly because it's SO uncommon and they're kinda homophobic too). So... I don't have anybody to tell. I kinda wish I knew somebody who's part of the lgbtq community but so far I haven't met anyone. Generally, this whole country and society is kinda homophobic and it's super rare to be "different". Oof

• 3 weeks later...

My parents make some jokes too, and so do some of my relatives. It really gets on my nerves, because I’m a trans boy, as well as gay. I hope you find a solution! I suggest trying to trust more people at your school, and making some good friends, then you have some support if your parents don’t take it well. Just remember that you don’t have to tell them, it’s YOUR life, not their’s. Know that your not alone! πŸ˜πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€βš§οΈ

• Like 1
  • Yaaas 1

If you really think you unsafe doing so, like in physical danger of being injured, don't do it, but if you do, have a place to stay as a back up just in case the kick you outl

• Yaaas 1