Am I gay?

Benji Β  Β 

So for my first 14 years on this earth I've believed im straight till I die. But my bestfriend ,lets use the term bestie, and I have recently adventured into doing sexual stuff but I still have major crushes on girls. My bestie I would not consider to be overly good looking however he is so kind and I feel myself wanting to do something to him all the time. So would I be considered gay as I do gay stuff with a not so good looking person.Β 

19 hours ago, Benji said:

So for my first 14 years on this earth I've believed im straight till I die. But my bestfriend ,lets use the term bestie, and I have recently adventured into doing sexual stuff but I still have major crushes on girls. My bestie I would not consider to be overly good looking however he is so kind and I feel myself wanting to do something to him all the time. So would I be considered gay as I do gay stuff with a not so good looking person.Β 

Hey Benji,

Welcome to the DTL community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to thoseΒ  who reach out. At this point, you are just experimenting, and it doesn't mean that you have to understand your sexuality now. Experimenting with guys does not make you gay, and plenty of straight people have had sex/done stuff with those of the same gender, and it doesn't mean they are gay. What do you think? Also, I'm wondering, how did things start with your friend? Are they from school?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hi MonsoonΒ 

I think your probably righgt might just be a phase. Right? Not really sure how it happened think we were in a swimming pool in his back garden and yes he's from my skl.Β 

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Hi MonsoonΒ 

I think your probably righgt might just be a phase. Right? Not really sure how it happened think we were in a swimming pool in his back garden and yes he's from my skl.Β 

Hey,

It's hard to answer that question at this point, but just know that plenty of people experiment and that helps them to answer all these questions. I think you just have to trust the process and know that all these questions will be answered one day; what do you think? Also, can I ask, how old is the guy? I just want to check that you aren't being forced into doing anything, and we want to make sure you're okay.Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

i think experimenting is an important part of exploring and discovering your sexuality. just because you have experiences with guys doesn't necessarily mean you're gay. a lot of straight people have been with people of the same gender, and even more gay/queer people have dated or hooked up with people of the opposite gender - that doesn't define us. if you find yourself only liking girls for now, you might just be straight. i think you should just stay tuned in with your emotions and when you notice you start to have romantic feelings for a guy, consider you may be lgbt+. it takes time to figure this stuff out, and you're young, so don't rush yourself. take your time and allow yourself to experiment