I sent nudes and now he’s blackmailing for money idk what to do

Alexajanel10    

So it’s thanks giving I wake up my friends knock on the door and I was hanging out and then for a little while they left and then this girl kept texting me she told me to add her back on insta and also to do naughty stuff I was concerned why then I told her to prove it she seem real and then I did a mirror pic and I was naked and then she never off it again but then it was guy saying we will never be stopped blackmailed to get 200 dollars or I’ll show it to everyone of your followers on insta and then I was scared I was terrified I was trying to see what to do I said I have no money and then he said it’s cool for me to buy him a steam card and he will deleted every single one of the pics so idk what to do my parents or siblings I hope they don’t know because if they do or my friend or anyone I’m done for idk what I’ll do so if someone can pls help me or try to scare the guy away I’m begging for help 

What he's doing is literally illegal so I would report it somehow without his knowledge. Look up how you can report that, figure out how to get that social media platform to deal with it, write down whatever personal information about him you have, just prepare to come at him without his knowledge.

Basically just remember that there's nothing he can do that can't be stopped and punished, and idk everything about the situation but rest assured that you have ways to fix that. I would start by getting that social media platform to block him and while also reporting him somehow, and if something worse happens just figure things out from there.

Idk if this helped but it's what I can say to help. I'm so sorry that this happened to you, it's ridiculous that people like that exist. Just stay calm and relax. He can't really do anything if you stall him, so I would just not respond to him and if he forgets then that's a good thing, if he tells you that you only have a certain amount of time or something then start plan B, reporting him and whatnot.

Yeah idk that's the best I got.

• Digital Mentor
On 11/25/2022 at 11:28 AM, Alexajanel10 said:

So it’s thanks giving I wake up my friends knock on the door and I was hanging out and then for a little while they left and then this girl kept texting me she told me to add her back on insta and also to do naughty stuff I was concerned why then I told her to prove it she seem real and then I did a mirror pic and I was naked and then she never off it again but then it was guy saying we will never be stopped blackmailed to get 200 dollars or I’ll show it to everyone of your followers on insta and then I was scared I was terrified I was trying to see what to do I said I have no money and then he said it’s cool for me to buy him a steam card and he will deleted every single one of the pics so idk what to do my parents or siblings I hope they don’t know because if they do or my friend or anyone I’m done for idk what I’ll do so if someone can pls help me or try to scare the guy away I’m begging for help 

Heyy @Alexajanel10, I am Luie one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label, welcome to our platform. 

Sorry to hear that this has happened with you. Let's take a breather, I know this is extremely scary, but @MySchoolLesbianZdoes make a good point on how blackmailing is an offense which can be reported. Firstly, I would recommend to make sure you don't transfer them any money. Second would be to make sure you have all the screenshots of the communications shared between al the parties involved. We can continue this conversation on confidential support if you'd like so that we can discuss the help you can reach in the country you are based. Would that be more comfortable for you?

Staff-Account.png

Luie
This post was recognized by Luie!

K.Susan.S was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness'

On 11/25/2022 at 3:28 AM, Alexajanel10 said:

I'm sorry this happened. I went through this exact same thing with one of my best friends. He was contacted on tic tok and the same thing happened to him.

Don't send money. Block the account and report them. This is a scam, and it's illegal. In future, don't take and send pictures of yourself to people you don't know. In general, be careful around people you don't know talking to you, and ignore/block them if they make you uncomfortable or ask for explicit photos. If someone sends you pictures, it's possible to look it up to see where it's from so you can tell if someone's real or if they're using someone else's picture.

• Like 1