Help

_Jasper_ Β  Β 

My parents are homophobic, I'm 14 and trans, He/him, I cant come out to them, I dont want to be seperated from society... What do I do?

Aurora
This post was recognized by Aurora!

_Kai_ was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness' and 10 points.

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

My parents are homophobic, I'm 14 and trans, He/him, I cant come out to them, I dont want to be seperated from society... What do I do?

I'm gonna tag some mentors @Monsoon@Daisie@Blondie

If I may ask a question, what makes u think they're homophobic? Some parents are more understanding if its their own children, but if its not safe then u might not wanna come out till ur living on ur own.

What do u think they'd do to remove u from society?

My dad has said he thinks being gay is a mental disease, also my parents are really mean and strict...

Just now, Marc said:

My dad has said he thinks being gay is a mental disease, also my parents are really mean and strict...

Damn- I'm sorry dude

Β 

My mom wont let me cut my hair and they wont buy me boyish clothes... :(

1 minute ago, Marc said:

My mom wont let me cut my hair and they wont buy me boyish clothes... :(

Shit, they are super strict-

Hmmmmm, for me I had discussed with my parents (They're homophobic as well) that some of the "boyish" clothes females wear as well, it eased their minds a bit to where I could buy some. I also cut my own hair about 2-3 weeks ago I think? Anyways, if ur not able to buy the boyish clothes or cut ur hair, try & have hope for the future & that their minds will ease up a bit

I would like to try to get some new clothes. My mom said if I cut my own hair she would seperate me from society and it would be 4 years for me to wait until I can do what I want... Thats a long time...

Im also already kind of losing hope...

1 minute ago, Marc said:

I would like to try to get some new clothes. My mom said if I cut my own hair she would seperate me from society and it would be 4 years for me to wait until I can do what I want... Thats a long time...

Damn-

Β 

1 minute ago, Marc said:

Don't lose all hope, they'll either ease up before u move out or after

Thanks I guess... I dont know what to do until then. In all honesty, I hate my parents... they are just bullied and treat me like an enslaved piece of trash...

Just now, Marc said:

Thanks I guess... I dont know what to do until then. In all honesty, I hate my parents... they are just bullied and treat me like an enslaved piece of trash...

Shit man I get that,

XD the thing is, I dont even have a phone, I dont have social media, im not supposed to be on here since this is a school computer... I cant trust anyone...

3 minutes ago, Marc said:

XD the thing is, I dont even have a phone, I dont have social media, im not supposed to be on here since this is a school computer... I cant trust anyone...

Ngl I don't got a phone either (I have a tabletπŸ’€), I'm on a school computer as well lmao, & damn man felt

2 minutes ago, Marc said:

Really?

Really what? .,.

Really, you sound alot like me?!

8 minutes ago, Marc said:

Really, you sound alot like me?!

O

• Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, Marc said:

Hi @Marc, welcome to the community. I'm Aurora and I'm one of the support mentors at Ditch the Label. It's great to have you hereΒ πŸ˜€

I've seen that @_Kai_Β has already been giving you some good advice. I also saw that you wrote us a message in confidential support, which I've replied to. If you would like some more support then you can get back to me in confidential support. Take careΒ 

Staff-Account.png

How do I get back to the confidential support thing?

5 hours ago, Marc said:

How do I get back to the confidential support thing?

Hey Marc,

You click 'Confidential Support' at the top of the page :)Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 11/22/2022 at 7:58 PM, Just_Ren said:

trust me. it took my mom a year and a half to finally validate that im trans and she still refuses to actually call me by my name and pronouns. it will take time. she was really against everything at first. i'd been asking since i was like 6 years old for a boys haircut and it was always "wait till your 18", but then she let me get one at 13. Don't give up. keep persisting. to be honest if you think its safe enough, i'd say come out to them. just straight up say it. whether they ignore you or not doesn't matter. it'll at least put reason in their minds behind your requests. I dont know your parents but i doubt they'd actually separate you from society. its probably just an empty threat.

Also, I have really bad gender dysphoria...

9 hours ago, Just_Ren said:

Also, I have really bad gender dysphoria...

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about the gender dysphoria, but I am glad you felt able to open up to us here. Would you like to tell me more about how this has been for you?Β 

Its really complicated and hurts my head to put into words

Β 

23 hours ago, Just_Ren said:

Its really complicated and hurts my head to put into words

Β 

Hey there,

That's okay. Would you rather not talk about it? It's completely up to you, and we will follow your lead on whatever you would like to do. Take care and speak soon.Β