Why was I given a warning? (genuine question)

elias Β  Β 

Hey everybody. I'm new here- I don't really know what I'm doing yet. Just a couple days after I made my account, I was given 6 warning points for a community guidelines violation. I can't figure out how to message a mod directly, so I'm posting here. I read through the guidelines and I still don't know what I did wrong. Could somebody help me out please? Thanks!

• Ditch the Label Staff

HI Elias,

Welcome! It’s great to have you here. I can see that this ban was issued for sharing a third party platform username. For this particular platform, we have temporarily relaxed the rule and so I have removed your warning points and content moderation period.Β 
Β 

- Harper 😊

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

7 hours ago, Harper said:

I can see that this ban was issued for sharing a third party platform username

It's a bit harsh of a rule if I had to be honest

Thank God it's relaxed

Edited by A User

• Ditch the Label Staff
On 11/16/2022 at 3:56 PM, A User said:

It's a bit harsh of a rule if I had to be honest

Thank God it's relaxed

We don't allow for the sharing of third party platform details because we are unable to moderate on these platforms and keep members safe. It's to prevent any potential bad actors from joining our platform and causing harm. All of our guidelines are in place to keep you and our other members safe. We understand it's annoying but the rules are in place for a reason.

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Harper said:

We don't allow for the sharing of third party platform details because we are unable to moderate on these platforms and keep members safe. It's to prevent any potential bad actors from joining our platform and causing harm. All of our guidelines are in place to keep you and our other members safe. We understand it's annoying but the rules are in place for a reason.

I suppose that makes sense

ending up like trevorspace probably wouldn't look so hot on resumes or for the company