Friendship worries

_Kai_ Β  Β 

So me and my bestie haven't been talking since my birthday (Lets just call her Emma), at the time I also had to ask her mother (I'm very close with her family, we call each other siblings so it goes hand in hand) if she could come because I had lost her number (She had mine at the time tho, yet hadn't called in MONTHS), I also hadn't seen or talked to Emma for months before so I just feel like we're sorta going our own ways. I'm going over to her house Saturday for a sleepover though (I had to make plans once again) but I just don't know if I really want to- Like don't get me wrong I'm excited to see her again, but I just don't know cuz she knows our moms text eachother & that thats how I'm doing the plans but she just hasn't made any of her own- I just don't know what to do at the moment since my mind has me all worried & stuff.

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, _Kai_ said:

So me and my bestie haven't been talking since my birthday (Lets just call her Emma), at the time I also had to ask her mother (I'm very close with her family, we call each other siblings so it goes hand in hand) if she could come because I had lost her number (She had mine at the time tho, yet hadn't called in MONTHS), I also hadn't seen or talked to Emma for months before so I just feel like we're sorta going our own ways. I'm going over to her house Saturday for a sleepover though (I had to make plans once again) but I just don't know if I really want to- Like don't get me wrong I'm excited to see her again, but I just don't know cuz she knows our moms text eachother & that thats how I'm doing the plans but she just hasn't made any of her own- I just don't know what to do at the moment since my mind has me all worried & stuff.

Hi Kai, thank you for sharing what's been going on with your bestie. I just wanted to reassure you that it's very normal for friendships to have their ups and downs and to feel really close with someone at one point and then less close at a different point in your lives. This doesn't mean that you don't care about the other person anymore.Β  I can understand though why you're feeling a bit hesitant about the sleepover on Saturday. It sounds like you and your bestie haven't been spending much time together and when you have, it's been initiated by you. You also mentioned how close you were so I would imagine you probably want to know what's going on. I think the sleepover might be a good idea to talk to your friend and tell her how you feel. It might just be that she's been busy / hasn't even noticed that anything is wrong or it could be that you are going your own ways. Either way, it's probably good to know. Would you agree?Β  It sounds like you have a good relationship with her mother and I would imagine that she can maybe offer you some support if the talk with your friend doesn't go as well as you are hoping for. What do you think?

Β 

Staff-Account.png

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi Kai, thank you for sharing what's been going on with your bestie. I just wanted to reassure you that it's very normal for friendships to have their ups and downs and to feel really close with someone at one point and then less close at a different point in your lives. This doesn't mean that you don't care about the other person anymore.Β  I can understand though why you're feeling a bit hesitant about the sleepover on Saturday. It sounds like you and your bestie haven't been spending much time together and when you have, it's been initiated by you. You also mentioned how close you were so I would imagine you probably want to know what's going on. I think the sleepover might be a good idea to talk to your friend and tell her how you feel. It might just be that she's been busy / hasn't even noticed that anything is wrong or it could be that you are going your own ways. Either way, it's probably good to know. Would you agree?Β  It sounds like you have a good relationship with her mother and I would imagine that she can maybe offer you some support if the talk with your friend doesn't go as well as you are hoping for. What do you think?

On Saturday ima try talking with her, I don't think it'll go bad just a bit awkward ig, & yeah its good to know either way

I'm not able to call her (I forgot her new numberπŸ’€) so the moms texting each other is the only way to communicate rn, ima ask her for the number again tho at the sleepover

18 hours ago, magicmelissa said:

It could be all in your head, that happens to me a lot too. But, if you haven't texted her in a while, maybe it's time you reach out to her? Start talking, texting, anything again.

U might be right about it all being in my head as I overthink ALOT TvT

I haven't been able to text her for months (She deleted the app for more storage) but ye, when I get her new number ima try to get us talking more

• Digital Mentor
On 11/16/2022 at 5:02 PM, _Kai_ said:

On Saturday ima try talking with her, I don't think it'll go bad just a bit awkward ig, & yeah its good to know either way

I'm not able to call her (I forgot her new numberπŸ’€) so the moms texting each other is the only way to communicate rn, ima ask her for the number again tho at the sleepover

U might be right about it all being in my head as I overthink ALOT TvT

I haven't been able to text her for months (She deleted the app for more storage) but ye, when I get her new number ima try to get us talking more

I hope it goes well when you talk to your friend tomorrow. If you like, maybe you can let us know how it went?

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

I hope it goes well when you talk to your friend tomorrow. If you like, maybe you can let us know how it went?

I'll make sure to let you knowπŸ‘πŸ½

❕UPDATE❕

She's been sick all week, so we are gonna try again next weekπŸ‘πŸ½

• Digital Mentor
On 11/18/2022 at 7:04 PM, _Kai_ said:

❕UPDATE❕

She's been sick all week, so we are gonna try again next weekπŸ‘πŸ½

Thanks for the update. Hope your friend feels better soon and you can see them this week. Let us know how it goes.Β 

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, Aurora said:

Thanks for the update. Hope your friend feels better soon and you can see them this week. Let us know how it goes.Β 

Will doπŸ‘πŸ½

• Like 1