Help please.

Julian Ali ย  ย 

Help.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How should I come out to my parents??

• A party.
    • Movie night (trans/gay movie).
    • Family dinner.
    • A well timed speech.
    • Hang a Trans Pride flag in the living room.
    • Tell my blabber mouthed sister and hope she explains.

Please help by answering the poll, and let me know what i should do. You can also message me your opinion. All voters will be anonymous.

i came out with a. really awkward and overly-defensive speech when i was around 14, and i donโ€™t think that was the best plan (mainly cause i was defending myself when they didnโ€™t even oppose me or anything LMAO-)

iโ€™d say try something casual like a movie night or dinner! it helps to have something else to focus on other than talking :)

9 hours ago, svcker-pvnch said:

i came out with a. really awkward and overly-defensive speech when i was around 14, and i donโ€™t think that was the best plan (mainly cause i was defending myself when they didnโ€™t even oppose me or anything LMAO-)

iโ€™d say try something casual like a movie night or dinner! it helps to have something else to focus on other than talking :)

Happy for you ๐Ÿฅนย 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 8:59 PM, svcker-pvnch said:

Awsome, Thanks!ย ๐Ÿ˜€

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 8:59 PM, svcker-pvnch said:

Also a great idea because i have kinda homophobic parents and they would freak if i did a speech, and they would probably say something like "you're 13, you cant be trans, its a phase kid"

• Like 1

ย 

Hey @Julian Ali,

Sorryย if I'm a little late to this, but Iย am also aย trans man who has recently come out to my parents and the majority of my friends/school teachers etc. (Little backstory - I have been struggling with my identity for about 4 years now, I am chinese so my culture is pretty much anti LGBT.)

Regardless, remember this -ย  At the end of the day if it makes you happy - Finding happiness in yourself is really important. And don't let people tell you it's a phase, a lot of people might say that, but for us trans folks deep down, we know that it is a big part to get right - people will eventually turn around. My parents are coming round to it slowly - I'm sure yours will too.ย 

ย