This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

LemonboyEmmy    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.

My best friend texted me recently to say that he was geting worse. He has clynical depression, but he'd been doing okay for a bit. I saw him last week, and he seemed normal (as normal as he gets, lol). But he said he's losing inrest in things agiain and his emotions are all muted again. Then he acused me of telling our friend about our coversation and I didnt, but it hurts that he dosent trust me. I used to be able to talk with him every day, but I recentky moved an hour away and all I can do is text for a few minuites in the mornig before school. I just dont know what I can do, and its killing me. He's been suicidal before, and that almost broke me, I cant handle the idea of something like that happening agian and being stuck an hour away. I cant loose him, but I'm scared.

3 hours ago, LemonboyEmmy said:

My best friend texted me recently to say that he was geting worse. He has clynical depression, but he'd been doing okay for a bit. I saw him last week, and he seemed normal (as normal as he gets, lol). But he said he's losing inrest in things agiain and his emotions are all muted again. Then he acused me of telling our friend about our coversation and I didnt, but it hurts that he dosent trust me. I used to be able to talk with him every day, but I recentky moved an hour away and all I can do is text for a few minuites in the mornig before school. I just dont know what I can do, and its killing me. He's been suicidal before, and that almost broke me, I cant handle the idea of something like that happening agian and being stuck an hour away. I cant loose him, but I'm scared.

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear your friend is getting worse. It's completely normal to feel scared in this kind of situation, and you clearly care a lot for him and want to be there for him, and I'm sure he appreciates that. I'm wondering, do you think there's anything more you can do to help, or are you already doing enough? Also, do you know where else he gets support?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

16 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear your friend is getting worse. It's completely normal to feel scared in this kind of situation, and you clearly care a lot for him and want to be there for him, and I'm sure he appreciates that. I'm wondering, do you think there's anything more you can do to help, or are you already doing enough? Also, do you know where else he gets support?

I know he has our other friends and the therapist i guess? I dunno.

3 hours ago, LemonboyEmmy said:

I know he has our other friends and the therapist i guess? I dunno.

Hey there,

That's good he has a therapist and other friends to support him. I'm wondering, how much do his parents know about what's going on for him? 

25 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

That's good he has a therapist and other friends to support him. I'm wondering, how much do his parents know about what's going on for him? 

I dunno. They arent the best, ya know?

18 hours ago, LemonboyEmmy said:

I dunno. They arent the best, ya know?

Hey there,

Ah, that's a shame. Can you tell me more about how they aren't the best?

I'm wondering, have you tried asking him what else you can to do to help? That could be a good next step! 

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2022 at 7:26 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Ah, that's a shame. Can you tell me more about how they aren't the best?

I'm wondering, have you tried asking him what else you can to do to help? That could be a good next step! 

Okay, thanks

21 minutes ago, LemonboyEmmy said:

Okay, thanks

If you want to check in after you've done this, we are more than happy to talk it through. 

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

If you want to check in after you've done this, we are more than happy to talk it through. 

ok, thanks