This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

I have confidence to come out, but not really.

Egg Β  Β 

18 minutes ago, Egg said:

what happened?

okay ,my advice to you is

Β 

I know people may make it seem that coming out is so easy and sometimes it is if you have really supportive family/friends etc , but one thing that I can tell u Is that if your scared to come out to your parents trust me that they will love you regardless of what you identify as honestly they will , because they raised you , they brought you into this world,they introduced you into this world,they taught you things in this world , and they would except you for who you are , don't ever feel once in your life that being gay,bi,pan,trans queer, just YOURSELF is wrong because ITS NOT. you deserve to be happy and that's what matters. I know your friends expect you , and I get there are rude ignorant people in this world but YOU chose whether or not you want them to be in your path . it's normal to feel the way you feel it's totally normal because your still reacting and trying to figure out how everyone is going to react but that's not the way to courage you on coming out , it's going to scare u more and make u nervous more and not want to do it . but I can feel that your a strong person who can come out when ever your ready to your parents and they will expect you fully they will love you no matter what and I can promise you that , the big feeling and the feeling in your chest that weighs heavily on your chest it will be relief once you see that our family was going to expect you no matter what . you will feel happier because you completely out and canΒ completely show who you really are.

Just now, lucid said:

okay ,my advice to you is

I know people may make it seem that coming out is so easy and sometimes it is if you have really supportive family/friends etc , but one thing that I can tell u Is that if your scared to come out to your parents trust me that they will love you regardless of what you identify as honestly they will , because they raised you , they brought you into this world,they introduced you into this world,they taught you things in this world , and they would except you for who you are , don't ever feel once in your life that being gay,bi,pan,trans queer, just YOURSELF is wrong because ITS NOT. you deserve to be happy and that's what matters. I know your friends expect you , and I get there are rude ignorant people in this world but YOU chose whether or not you want them to be in your path . it's normal to feel the way you feel it's totally normal because your still reacting and trying to figure out how everyone is going to react but that's not the way to courage you on coming out , it's going to scare u more and make u nervous more and not want to do it . but I can feel that your a strong person who can come out when ever your ready to your parents and they will expect you fully they will love you no matter what and I can promise you that , the big feeling and the feeling in your chest that weighs heavily on your chest it will be relief once you see that our family was going to expect you no matter what . you will feel happier because you completely out and canΒ completely show who you really are.

I hope my advice helps you.Β 

Hey Egg! Elena here.

I'm fairly new to the conversation, hope it's all going great! I myself am, from what I've read, in a situation similar to yours, since lately I've been think about coming out to my very homophobic dad. The anxiety is honestly horrible, and I was wondering if there was something specific that helped you get through it. Again, hope you, your cat and your parrot are doing amazing!Β 

7 hours ago, ElenaMDo said:

Hey Egg! Elena here.

I'm fairly new to the conversation, hope it's all going great! I myself am, from what I've read, in a situation similar to yours, since lately I've been think about coming out to my very homophobic dad. The anxiety is honestly horrible, and I was wondering if there was something specific that helped you get through it. Again, hope you, your cat and your parrot are doing amazing!Β 

Thank you! Hope your doing well. Other than my pets something that helping me is knowing that once I'm out, I won't have to worry any more about being out. Something that helps me also is this really old lady who's basically a grandma. She's really christian, but also very inclusive. For some reason my head keeps replying her words "God didn't give us fear, we don't need fear." and then in my own voice "don't give into fear, but don't get too over confident. One day this will all be over. One day you will be happy." when ever I get scared and after about ten minutes of that I feel better, but it's kinda creepy because I hear it in my sleep, even when I'm having a totally unrelated dream, like an ASMR.

19 hours ago, Egg said:

Thank you! Hope your doing well. Other than my pets something that helping me is knowing that once I'm out, I won't have to worry any more about being out. Something that helps me also is this really old lady who's basically a grandma. She's really christian, but also very inclusive. For some reason my head keeps replying her words "God didn't give us fear, we don't need fear." and then in my own voice "don't give into fear, but don't get too over confident. One day this will all be over. One day you will be happy." when ever I get scared and after about ten minutes of that I feel better, but it's kinda creepy because I hear it in my sleep, even when I'm having a totally unrelated dream, like an ASMR.

I feel you there. The relief once you've done it must be amazing. I mean, I have, but not to my family, just my mom and my friends, and it felt quite liberating. I hope you can get to that point one day. You will be happy!!