Family stuff

_Kai_ Β  Β 

Okay so my brother (Me & him are 18 months apart) has recently started growing out his hair, this is completely fine with me but my mother has ALWAYS cut his hair like to where it wasn't growing out because in her eyes "long boy hair makes you look like a bum" & "girls should have long hair to look presentable" which is stupid but whatever. I don't see or understand why I can't have dude-ish hair if he gets to grow his out. Am I the bad guy for thinking this way?

4 minutes ago, lKail said:

Okay so my brother (Me & him are 18 months apart) has recently started growing out his hair, this is completely fine with me but my mother has ALWAYS cut his hair like to where it wasn't growing out because in her eyes "long boy hair makes you look like a bum" & "girls should have long hair to look presentable" which is stupid but whatever. I don't see or understand why I can't have dude-ish hair if he gets to grow his out. Am I the bad guy for thinking this way?

That must be hard! I get it. I wanted to cut my hair short but Β as a Latina I can't because it is part of my "Culture" and stuff.

17 minutes ago, sflowergirl said:

That must be hard! I get it. I wanted to cut my hair short but Β as a Latina I can't because it is part of my "Culture" and stuff.

Damn, do you think its actually a culture thing or just what society/your parents say? (Sorry if its too personal, I get a tad bit curious TvT)

10 hours ago, lKail said:

Damn, do you think its actually a culture thing or just what society/your parents say? (Sorry if its too personal, I get a tad bit curious TvT)

oh no not at all I think it a mixture of both my mom is latina and my grandma is very hard on my mom soΒ  guess I just really wanted to cut it but I have just given up.

• Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, lKail said:

Hi there, I can understand why you are feeling frustrated. Is your Mum OK with your brother growing his hair? If so, have you asked her if you can cut your hair? Maybe she has changed her mind on this if she is letting your brother grow his hair now.Β 

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi there, I can understand why you are feeling frustrated. Is your Mum OK with your brother growing his hair? If so, have you asked her if you can cut your hair? Maybe she has changed her mind on this if she is letting your brother grow his hair now.Β 

Ellooo, & ye my mother is okay with him growing out his hair, and nah I haven't asked to cut my hair for about 2-3 months. I could try to ask but it'd have to be shoulder length for her to say yes so I'll try to do some searching for shoulder length "sorta girlish" haircuts (for her approval) & ask her later.Β 

• Digital Mentor
On 9/30/2022 at 5:13 PM, lKail said:

Ellooo, & ye my mother is okay with him growing out his hair, and nah I haven't asked to cut my hair for about 2-3 months. I could try to ask but it'd have to be shoulder length for her to say yes so I'll try to do some searching for shoulder length "sorta girlish" haircuts (for her approval) & ask her later.Β 

Hi there, have you had any luck speaking to your mum about getting a new haircut? How did it go?Β 

Staff-Account.png

54 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi there, have you had any luck speaking to your mum about getting a new haircut? How did it go?Β 

yeah How'd it go?

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

She still said no, BUT ima try and convince my dad (he'll convince her as wellπŸ‘πŸ½).

Just now, lKail said:

She still said no, BUT ima try and convince my dad (he'll convince her as wellπŸ‘πŸ½).

thats not fair Im sorry hru?

22 minutes ago, sflowergirl said:

thats not fair Im sorry hru?

Its alrrrrr its not ur fault TvT, & I've been alr, hbu?

1 minute ago, lKail said:

Its alrrrrr its not ur fault TvT, & I've been alr, hbu?

fine, I guess I never really know anymore lol

3 minutes ago, sflowergirl said:

fine, I guess I never really know anymore lol

Lmao I know how that feelsπŸ’€

• Digital Mentor
21 hours ago, lKail said:

I'm sorry you've not had any luck yet. Great that you have a new plan. Do you think your dad will be more understanding?Β 

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

I'm sorry you've not had any luck yet. Great that you have a new plan. Do you think your dad will be more understanding?Β 

Sorta? Ima ask him later to see if he approves of a couple haircuts (Gotta have choices if she still says noπŸ’€) They both don't like that I'm Trans but hes more understanding of certain haircutsπŸ‘πŸ½

• Digital Mentor
On 10/5/2022 at 4:36 PM, lKail said:

Sorta? Ima ask him later to see if he approves of a couple haircuts (Gotta have choices if she still says noπŸ’€) They both don't like that I'm Trans but hes more understanding of certain haircutsπŸ‘πŸ½

Did you speak to your Dad? I hope it went well. Would you like to share how it went?Β 

Staff-Account.png

I did 2 days ago ye (srry for not speaking sooner, I went to my cousins TvT), but they both said no, I have one haircut which I think is perfect for me but may have to wait a couple years to get it.

• Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, lKail said:

I did 2 days ago ye (srry for not speaking sooner, I went to my cousins TvT), but they both said no, I have one haircut which I think is perfect for me but may have to wait a couple years to get it.

I'm sorry they both said no. Did they explain their reasons behind it? Β It's great you've found the perfect haircut. How do you feel about having to wait a couple of years until you can get it?Β 

Staff-Account.png

Eh its alr, and nah they didn't explain their reasons but they have in the past (They're homophobic & don't want me turning out to be a guyπŸ’€). I mean I've waited a year for one so a couple more or even till I move out won't be that bad (Moving out in 5 years)