This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Death

Just Lost A Family Member

Non-Binary Person Here    
Go to solution Solved by Blondie,

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Death

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I just lost my grandma today. She was the only thing that was holding my family together after my grandpa died 3-4 years ago. How do I get over it? Will I get over it? Will it get better? What am I going to do? My mom is an emotional wreck. And now so am I. I wanted to tell her that I turned 18. But now I can't. What do I do??

Just now, Non-Binary Person Here said:

I just lost my grandma today. She was the only thing that was holding my family together after my grandpa died 3-4 years ago. How do I get over it? Will I get over it? Will it get better? What am I going to do? My mom is an emotional wreck. And now so am I. I wanted to tell her that I turned 18. But now I can't. What do I do??

I'm so sorry this happened 😢. I'm not really any help as I have my friends funeral Tuesday 😔. Ily

1 minute ago, Luluu said:

I'm so sorry this happened 😢. I'm not really any help as I have my friends funeral Tuesday 😔. Ily

That's ok. 

That's ok. 

You have us here! We are always gonna be here for you. Its okay to cry, loosing your nana will never go away, but she is looking down on you from heaven!

1 minute ago, Non-Binary Person Here said:

I think that you just...remember her and cherish her memory. It'll get better, I swear, I lost my own grandpa around christmas, you just...remember, and life goes on. 

Just now, Emberfrost12 said:

I think that you just...remember her and cherish her memory. It'll get better, I swear, I lost my own grandpa around christmas, you just...remember, and life goes on. 

The thing is that's what everyone around me says...

The thing is that's what everyone around me says...

I know, I guess I should give a little bit more...it sounds so 'i don't care' doesn't it....

To be frank, it's going to hurt for a while, and you have to remember that while she's gone, but she's still with you, because you have fond memories of her, and you'll never forget her

What do I do about how I feel rn?

You could talk to a bervement charity! I did send you a link but it got hidden

• Ditch the Label Staff
  • Solution

14 hours ago, Non-Binary Person Here said:

Hey there, I'm so sorry this has happened. It does settle with time and I think it's more accurate to say that we learn to adapt and live with our new reality rather than get over loss. People we love so dearly always remain with us in memories and their love they had for us. But that also means we miss them a huge amount.

You can still share things with her, either by writing letters or simply 'talking' to her, either out loud or in your head. I sincerely know how hard it is to deal with loss but it's a process that takes time. Gradually the pain will be less 'sharp' but while you are going through this - be kind to yourself and accept that some days will be harder / easier than others.

We're here for you.

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

On 9/18/2022 at 9:49 PM, Non-Binary Person Here said:

Hi there, I also wanted to say that I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I also wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing? I saw that you've mentioned on some of the others chats that you're struggling and I just wanted to say that we are all here for you. It's really normal to feel lots of different emotions and I hope you can find a way of letting out your feelings. I don't know if you've seen Blondies advice above about how you can still share things with her. Some people also find it helpful to make a little memory box or plant a tree/plant in memory of their loved one. 

Staff-Account.png