I need help with something 🥺

its_but_idk_who_i_am_yet    
Go to solution Solved by Monsoon,

Hi.. So.. I came out recently as transgender... And you know I need help with understanding myself. Everything feels strange.. Like I'm my identity is part of a strange cycle. 

You see before coming out I was trying to understand myself and now that I came out I don't know whether what I thought before is write or wrong.  Before coming out I was certaind that I am transgender but now I can't even seem to find the arguments I had before.. Like everything changed overnight... Maybe that's dysphoria.. Or my mom hating me cuz of being me... 

I don't know what to do and how to act ever since I came out I think.. "Should I act more manly now that I came out"

Other problem is that I can't seem to find the right name for me.. At first I thought it was jax then my bestie said that it would be cool if it was han(which is cool but doesn't sound like me) and so I am begging you to help me choose a name as well... A name that describes a funny person who loves music and art..... 

Thanks in advance 💕

Also I was in your shoes last year and I still am. But let me tell you this.

Manly is overrated in so many ways. Be you 

I wear dresses,am not on testosterone or anything,and am still a trans guy.

You are not any less of a guy, my dude. So go and rock on you handsome MAN

• Thanks 1

• Solution
16 hours ago, its_but_idk_who_i_am_yet said:

Hi.. So.. I came out recently as transgender... And you know I need help with understanding myself. Everything feels strange.. Like I'm my identity is part of a strange cycle. 

You see before coming out I was trying to understand myself and now that I came out I don't know whether what I thought before is write or wrong.  Before coming out I was certaind that I am transgender but now I can't even seem to find the arguments I had before.. Like everything changed overnight... Maybe that's dysphoria.. Or my mom hating me cuz of being me... 

I don't know what to do and how to act ever since I came out I think.. "Should I act more manly now that I came out"

Other problem is that I can't seem to find the right name for me.. At first I thought it was jax then my bestie said that it would be cool if it was han(which is cool but doesn't sound like me) and so I am begging you to help me choose a name as well... A name that describes a funny person who loves music and art..... 

Thanks in advance 💕

Hey there,

Welcome to the DTL community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. 

I just want you to know that it's normal to go through a period where you question yourself after coming out, and this is common when people don't support your identity as it can throw you into denial in a way. What do you think about that? I think that you have to act in a way that feels natural and authentic to you. On a deep level, what feels like the authentic way for you to act? 

• Thanks 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

2 hours ago, Harlow said:

Leo? and i also know how u feel but just be you and thats helps 100% 

Great. Glad I could help,Leo.