Jump to content

Vent


Emberfrost12
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Digital Mentor

Hey there,

I'm really glad you've managed to not self-harm for five months. I'm wondering, what do you think has helped you to do so well and cope better? Also, do you know that there is make up you can buy which is really good at covering up scars? Maybe have a look into that if it might make you feel better.

Also, yeah, it sounds like your mom might be denying the reality of you having struggles because it is hard for her to accept; I think some parents can feel guilty when their children struggle. What do you think about that?

 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm really glad you've managed to not self-harm for five months. I'm wondering, what do you think has helped you to do so well and cope better? Also, do you know that there is make up you can buy which is really good at covering up scars? Maybe have a look into that if it might make you feel better.

Also, yeah, it sounds like your mom might be denying the reality of you having struggles because it is hard for her to accept; I think some parents can feel guilty when their children struggle. What do you think about that?

Mostly just that I haven’t been having many stresses/triggers and haven’t had the need to do that. And, yes I do know about that. I don’t think i need it though; nobody else can see my scars unless I’m in really bright light, have a sunburn, or am wearing sunscreen (i think because it’s at a different depth?), and sometimes I count them, partly as a ‘this is why you have to be careful so that you don’t get more’ and as a ‘none of these are recent. You’re making progress' type of thing. 

I think that sounds like something that my mom would feel, she seems to get really upset when we ‘don’t appreciate her’ (we appreciate her a lot) and on top of that, I think she’s worried about getting judged by her siblings, as well. 

Just going to add on a third part here, my mental health is being kinda weird since school started. I’ve been low and then just kind of…I don’t know how to put it…like, not happy, but kind of…humorous? Like, higher than average, but at the same time not? Sorry, I don’t know how to describe it, probably because I’m just getting hints of it myself. And i discovered that i am, once again, mentally exhausted, and, once again, i have no idea what to do about it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
13 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Mostly just that I haven’t been having many stresses/triggers and haven’t had the need to do that. And, yes I do know about that. I don’t think i need it though; nobody else can see my scars unless I’m in really bright light, have a sunburn, or am wearing sunscreen (i think because it’s at a different depth?), and sometimes I count them, partly as a ‘this is why you have to be careful so that you don’t get more’ and as a ‘none of these are recent. You’re making progress' type of thing. 

I think that sounds like something that my mom would feel, she seems to get really upset when we ‘don’t appreciate her’ (we appreciate her a lot) and on top of that, I think she’s worried about getting judged by her siblings, as well. 

Just going to add on a third part here, my mental health is being kinda weird since school started. I’ve been low and then just kind of…I don’t know how to put it…like, not happy, but kind of…humorous? Like, higher than average, but at the same time not? Sorry, I don’t know how to describe it, probably because I’m just getting hints of it myself. And i discovered that i am, once again, mentally exhausted, and, once again, i have no idea what to do about it.

Hey,

Well it's great to hear you've managed to move away from self-harm, and I completely get what you're saying about not wanting to self-harm; that makes a lot of sense. It's interesting what you're saying about your mom not feeling appreciated even though you do, a lot, and I'm wondering, could it be that she needs to be shown it in different ways perhaps? What do you think?

Also, why do you think your mental health has changed since going back to school? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Well it's great to hear you've managed to move away from self-harm, and I completely get what you're saying about not wanting to self-harm; that makes a lot of sense. It's interesting what you're saying about your mom not feeling appreciated even though you do, a lot, and I'm wondering, could it be that she needs to be shown it in different ways perhaps? What do you think?

Also, why do you think your mental health has changed since going back to school? 

Yes, maybe, I  just don't know how to do that. Maybe I can try to make dinner for her one day or something?

Maybe because I'm around people more? And because I have work and assignments?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor

Hey there,

Yeah, maybe try some new things to show her how much you appreciate her, because from what you've said, she might need to be shown in different ways because the current ones don't seem to be working, unfortunately.

Also, when you have been mentally exhausted in the past, how have you coped with this? What helped you to get through it?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, maybe try some new things to show her how much you appreciate her, because from what you've said, she might need to be shown in different ways because the current ones don't seem to be working, unfortunately.

Also, when you have been mentally exhausted in the past, how have you coped with this? What helped you to get through it?

Ok, I'll try to find something

I just, power through, with my friends

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Ok, I'll try to find something

I just, power through, with my friends

Hey,

Can you tell me more about powering through and what that looks like? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Can you tell me more about powering through and what that looks like? 

Just doing what I'd normally enjoy,  and talking about it with my friends. Hoping it'll just pass over

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Just doing what I'd normally enjoy,  and talking about it with my friends. Hoping it'll just pass over

Hey,

That sounds great. Also, with the mental exhaustion, remember to give yourself time to rest and take time for yourself to help you get through it.

Also, just to check, would you like anymore support for now, or are you all good?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2022 at 3:59 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

That sounds great. Also, with the mental exhaustion, remember to give yourself time to rest and take time for yourself to help you get through it.

Also, just to check, would you like anymore support for now, or are you all good?

I'm good, thanks :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
    Search In
×
×
  • Create New...