advice PLEASE

Maxine G    

so my parents both work for a very popular nextflix show that is currently working on it's next season. it's a show that most people have watched/are watching and enjoy. but i have so many people just becoming my "friend" so that they can try and get information from me about the show or talk to actors etc. 

how do i go about this situation? 

24 minutes ago, Maxine G said:

so my parents both work for a very popular nextflix show that is currently working on it's next season. it's a show that most people have watched/are watching and enjoy. but i have so many people just becoming my "friend" so that they can try and get information from me about the show or talk to actors etc. 

how do i go about this situation? 

Do upu feel comfortable with people asking for information? Have you told your mum and dad about this? As they might be able to give suggestions! If you're not comfortable, I know it's hard but tell them your not comfortable with talking about it, hugs!

Leila

12 hours ago, Leilaaaa said:

Do upu feel comfortable with people asking for information? Have you told your mum and dad about this? As they might be able to give suggestions! If you're not comfortable, I know it's hard but tell them your not comfortable with talking about it, hugs!

Leila

i mean, i'm fine with general questions right, but i've been pressed for information and yelled at multiple times. i've tried to discuss this with both my parents and their response is that it comes with the job. i did talk to a couple of the casts members about it today and one person was really helpful in explaining things to say to remove myself from that situation 

• Digital Mentor
On 8/20/2022 at 11:20 PM, Maxine G said:

i mean, i'm fine with general questions right, but i've been pressed for information and yelled at multiple times. i've tried to discuss this with both my parents and their response is that it comes with the job. i did talk to a couple of the casts members about it today and one person was really helpful in explaining things to say to remove myself from that situation 

I'm sorry. That sounds like a tough situation to be in. It must be difficult having people wanting to be your friend because of the show. What do your other friends say about this. Are they able to support you at all? I'm really glad you got to talk to some of the casts members about this. They're probably experiencing the same as you are. Was there something in particular that the person told you that will be helpful for you to do? 

Staff-Account.png

8 hours ago, Aurora said:

I'm sorry. That sounds like a tough situation to be in. It must be difficult having people wanting to be your friend because of the show. What do your other friends say about this. Are they able to support you at all? I'm really glad you got to talk to some of the casts members about this. They're probably experiencing the same as you are. Was there something in particular that the person told you that will be helpful for you to do? 

i only have two other close irl friends that aren't cast members, which is fine by me, i prefer a small group. they're generally better at telling when someone is just trying to use me (i'm neurodivergent, social ques aren't my strong suit). 

there seems to be certain tells when people are just trying to use you, we figured out. but also not to judge a book by it's cover and ways to tell people you don't exactly want to be friends anymore

• Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, Maxine G said:

i only have two other close irl friends that aren't cast members, which is fine by me, i prefer a small group. they're generally better at telling when someone is just trying to use me (i'm neurodivergent, social ques aren't my strong suit). 

there seems to be certain tells when people are just trying to use you, we figured out. but also not to judge a book by it's cover and ways to tell people you don't exactly want to be friends anymore

It sounds like your friends are really supportive, which sounds very helpful. And I'm glad you have some strategies now that you can use eg how you can tell someone you don't want to be their friend anymore. How do you feel about this problem now? Do you feel you still need more advice or are you OK for now? 

Staff-Account.png