Any other service dog handlers out there?

Maxine G    

any other service dog handlers out there? looking for friends, i feel like i'm the only one with a furry buddy for miles :')

• Ditch the Label Staff
14 hours ago, Maxine G said:

any other service dog handlers out there? looking for friends, i feel like i'm the only one with a furry buddy for miles :')

Hey there and welcome to Community!

I'm not a service dog handler but would love to hear more if you would like to share. 🙂

Staff-Account.png

oh sure :) i have a service dog, named Steve. he's an australian shepherd and i trained him myself, it's called owner training when you do that. he's a multipurpose service dog, so that means he performs a variety of tasks to help me

10 hours ago, Maxine G said:

am i allowed to share a photo of him on here?

I think so! I share photos of my dog! 

10 hours ago, Maxine G said:

oh sure :) i have a service dog, named Steve. he's an australian shepherd and i trained him myself, it's called owner training when you do that. he's a multipurpose service dog, so that means he performs a variety of tasks to help me

He sounds beautiful! Hope he gives you big warm hugs!

12 hours ago, Leilaaaa said:

He sounds beautiful! Hope he gives you big warm hugs!

he's my absolute best friend, and he's unbelievably smart! wait, now that i want to upload a pic, how do i actually do it? :')

On 8/19/2022 at 11:32 PM, Maxine G said:

That's great! What kinds of things does he help you with? :) 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

6 hours ago, Monsoon said:

That's great! What kinds of things does he help you with? :) 

He is a psychiatric and medical alert + response service dog, and he's currently learning light mobility tasks as he is now old enough! He's knows over 110 commands, tasks and tricks. I'm trying to figure out how to upload a picture but I can't lol. My parents are both heavily involved in the film industry (costume artist + director) and he's grown up on various film sets with me. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

17 hours ago, Maxine G said:

He is a psychiatric and medical alert + response service dog, and he's currently learning light mobility tasks as he is now old enough! He's knows over 110 commands, tasks and tricks. I'm trying to figure out how to upload a picture but I can't lol. My parents are both heavily involved in the film industry (costume artist + director) and he's grown up on various film sets with me. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

He sounds cool and I can imagine you're super close with him :)

Also, to add a picture, there is a bar below where you type the message asking you to drag a file or choose one to add, and you can just add your picture there. 

Just while we are talking, I'm wondering, is there anything you'd like support with? I'm one of the digital mentors here and I can help with many things including mental health, self-esteem, relationships and much more. Just let us know if there's anything :)

17 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Just while we are talking, I'm wondering, is there anything you'd like support with? I'm one of the digital mentors here and I can help with many things including mental health, self-esteem, relationships and much more. Just let us know if there's anything :)

thankyou :) i'm currently talking with another digital mentor via the confidential section and ill stop messaging in here so i don't take up your time or anything

• Like 1