I feel stuck

CL    

• Digital Mentor
On 9/30/2022 at 4:37 PM, CL said:

@Aurora

Sometimes I joking say spite is what keeps me going. Sometimes I believe it. 

Pretty much the only reason I keep coming to work is that I need money and it'll make me look like a bad employee to future employers if I just stopped coming.

OK, so thinking about your future and your current finances keeps you going. Anything else you can think of?

Have you had a chance yet to look through the links I sent you to help with your sleep? 

Staff-Account.png

@Aurora

To be honest, I'm finding it harder and harder to see this job as "just a paycheck" like so many people say they see theirs as. My boss is just making it a living hell every second she's around, so no there really isn't much keeping me coming here and I feel like if she says another bad word to me today I'm gonna either puke or throw in the towel and go to the hospital.

• Digital Mentor
57 minutes ago, CL said:

@Aurora

To be honest, I'm finding it harder and harder to see this job as "just a paycheck" like so many people say they see theirs as. My boss is just making it a living hell every second she's around, so no there really isn't much keeping me coming here and I feel like if she says another bad word to me today I'm gonna either puke or throw in the towel and go to the hospital.

From what you've been telling us it sounds like you're having a really tough time at work and things don't seem to get any better. In fact it sounds like you've truly had enough. Unfortunately we can't wait or expect other people to change. What is it that you can change about this situation? 

Staff-Account.png

@Aurora immediately? There isn't much I can change. I live in a town with a population of 300 and work in a town Of 500, jobs aren't exactly common. 

I'm very interested in going to college, but as I mentioned, that solves my problem in a year, I need something soon.

• Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, CL said:

@Aurora immediately? There isn't much I can change. I live in a town with a population of 300 and work in a town Of 500, jobs aren't exactly common. 

I'm very interested in going to college, but as I mentioned, that solves my problem in a year, I need something soon.

It sounds like finding a new job isn't an option. Can you think of anything else you can do in the meantime? Eg could you cut down your hours? You also mentioned before that if you went to see your doctor, they might be able to sign you off work for a couple of weeks with stress. Is that something you would consider, now that you are feeling that you can't carry on like this? 

Staff-Account.png

@Aurora

Im a full time employee, they are understaffed as it is and I wouldn't be able to afford anything if I took so much as a day off every week, besides, I have something important to do everyday, either an order, truck, or prebook. 

I consider stress leave a lot, I'm just not sure how viable of an option it actually is.

• Digital Mentor
Just now, CL said:

@Aurora

Im a full time employee, they are understaffed as it is and I wouldn't be able to afford anything if I took so much as a day off every week, besides, I have something important to do everyday, either an order, truck, or prebook. 

I consider stress leave a lot, I'm just not sure how viable of an option it actually is.

Do you mind me asking, why that is? From everything you've been telling me, it sounds like you are feeling very stressed, to the point that you've said that you're unsure if you are coping. You've mentioned physical and mental signs of stress. Is that right? If you don't think it's a viable option, what would the alternative be? 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
23 hours ago, CL said:

@Aurora

I'm unsure of how it will impact my current/future job(s) and/or career.

Your exactly right, I'm having mental and physical symptoms from the stress and I have no idea what to do

How do you feel about talking it through with your doctor? Like this they might be able to advise you if you do need a bit of time off due to stress and if so, if it would have any impact on your current/future job and/or career. You can then still decide whether to do it or not. What do you think? 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 10/5/2022 at 2:34 PM, CL said:

@Aurora

I forgot to mention people often wait over an hour for emergency issues, something like talking about stress might be all day waiting 

Moving forward I really think it's important that you take some time away from everything and have a break. Like you are saying, you're having mental and physical symptoms and you feel stuck. By taking some time out, this will hopefully give you the space to reflect on all the things we've talked about and think about a way forward. What do you think?  

Staff-Account.png