i think i find my friends boring now? does that make me a bad person?

cloudzs ย  ย 

ive got a close group of good friends and while nothing is wrong and nobody has done anything wrong - i find myself bored when i hangout with them?. Is that wrong to think??

I think we have just got different interests now and when they are talking about the things they like, cars and wrestling, i find my mind switching off and wishing they were talking about the things i like (comics and movies and stuff!).

I don't really know what to do and whether anyone else thinks the same as me??

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, cloudzs said:

ive got a close group of good friends and while nothing is wrong and nobody has done anything wrong - i find myself bored when i hangout with them?. Is that wrong to think??

I think we have just got different interests now and when they are talking about the things they like, cars and wrestling, i find my mind switching off and wishing they were talking about the things i like (comics and movies and stuff!).

I don't really know what to do and whether anyone else thinks the same as me??

Hi @cloudzs, I'm Aurora, I'm one of the support mentors here. I just wanted to reassure you that it's totally normal to feel like this. I think we all develop and change throughout our life. ย Sometimes we move in the same direction as our friends and sometimes we don't. It can be really hard to acknowledge that, because we care about our friends and we don't want to upset them. Equally I think it's also important to think about our own wellbeing and if you're bored hanging out with your friends then it might be time to start hanging out with other people, who share your interests. What do you think?ย 

Staff-Account.png