Been raining for a couple of days in a row now, and I'm feeling pretty down in the dumps

Horseygirl    

Hey guys,

So from the title, you can guess what this is about. Where I am, we're experiencing what is known as La Niña. It's the third year in a row, which is pretty damn unusual. Usually I love rainy days, but it's been raining for a couple of days straight now. So far, the only sunny day we've had, was Sunday. 

I'm trying to distract myself by reading, watching netflix, sleeping, doing housework, playing some online games that I really enjoy, but I can't help crying sometimes because I'm pretty miserable. Where I am, it's winter, so rainy days in winter aren't really great. They reckon that this is the 2nd coldest winter for my country. 

I try to stay positive, cheerful, and distracted, but it's pretty hard. There's only so much I can do before I run out of things to do/things I actually feel like doing. 

Does anyone have any tips or advice on things I can do to distract myself/not be miserable? We're supposed to have a partly cloudy day tomorrow, so hopefully the sun will come out...

Thanks guys, take care.

Um, do u have any friends, that u can hangout with? Cause u can hangout with them and maybe preform a play or make a mini movie. If ur alone u could make a board game, or write a story? I dunno but when I’m with friends it takes my mind off unwanted feelings🙃 

That's a great idea. Ordinarily, I would agree, however most, if not all, of my friends are working. I did have a job, but decided to leave as working in a job without horses felt so wrong to me. Also the fact that I got hurt on my 3rd shift there, told the shift manager, and nothing was done. I still, at the time, had 2 hours left of my shift, so I could do nothing for the burns. I now haver scars on my arm because of it, and being ADHD and Autistic, I didn't really know what I was supposed to do when I got burnt. I do, however, have one friend who I don't believe is currently working. However, she lives about 25-30 minutes away, so I cannot see her as often as I'd like. 

Oh, great! All my friends live 2 hours away 😂