This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

How do I cope with poor mental health?

urfavekpopstan ! Β  Β 
Go to solution Solved by Monsoon,

I feel really mentally unstable everyday. I have the same thoughts running through my mind. Usually the things I think about how I really let my parents down and disappointed them. They kind of isolate me and at that point I feel hopeless and find it not worth living, the only thing that keeps me going is knowing this will get better. I just always have that constant fear of losing my family, which I know will happen because they don't tolerate me. Another thing that has brought my mental health at a low point would be my ADHD and OCD. since I have all these issues, I've been doing pretty poorly in school with a 3.0 gpa which isn't good enough. These problems also led to me being depressed about life and expecting there to be no hope and that my expectations will not be reality.

• Solution

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you’ve got a lot going on at the moment with feeling depressed and how you’ve let down and disappointed others. I just want you to know that we are here to talk through this with you and we will do whatever we can to support you. I just want to check, are you safe at the moment? If not, it’s okay to tell me and we can work through this together. I hope to hear back from you soon. Remember, if you feel unsafe, you can call the emergency services at any time. Take care.Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you’ve got a lot going on at the moment with feeling depressed and how you’ve let down and disappointed others. I just want you to know that we are here to talk through this with you and we will do whatever we can to support you. I just want to check, are you safe at the moment? If not, it’s okay to tell me and we can work through this together. I hope to hear back from you soon. Remember, if you feel unsafe, you can call the emergency services at any time. Take care.Β 

sounds good, I am safe but I don't feel well I think?

Edited by mxhaxnaeem

Hey,

I'm glad to hear you're safe. Can you tell me more about not feeling what; what is going on for you?Β 

8 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I'm glad to hear you're safe. Can you tell me more about not feeling what; what is going on for you?Β 

Well, I guess I'm safe? I'm not feeling great because my parents are verbally abusing me and then it really affects me and I think about what they said all day and it distracts me from getting things done. They say really harsh things that no child should have to hear.

4 hours ago, mxhaxnaeem said:

Well, I guess I'm safe? I'm not feeling great because my parents are verbally abusing me and then it really affects me and I think about what they said all day and it distracts me from getting things done. They say really harsh things that no child should have to hear.

Hey,

If you ever feel like you're unsafe, just incase you need it, here is some safety information:

Also, I'm sorry to hear that your parents have been abusive towards you. Would you like to share more about what has happened? I can appreciate that this may be hard to talk about, but I really do think that a problem shared is a problem halved, and this is a safe, non-judgemental space where you can talk about anything on your mind.Β 

Β 

39 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

If you ever feel like you're unsafe, just incase you need it, here is some safety information:

Also, I'm sorry to hear that your parents have been abusive towards you. Would you like to share more about what has happened? I can appreciate that this may be hard to talk about, but I really do think that a problem shared is a problem halved, and this is a safe, non-judgemental space where you can talk about anything on your mind.Β 

well, they say really messed up stuff to me that no parent should be saying to their kid they call me stuff like a "retard" and say I make their lives like a "living hell" and much worse. I don't know what to do because I haven't talked to my mom in a extremely long time because she said if I don't change myself she will hate me forever and I think she made it quite clear. My dad wants me to apologize to my mom for being "disrespectful" when all I told her is I cannot change and this is who I am.

10 hours ago, mxhaxnaeem said:

well, they say really messed up stuff to me that no parent should be saying to their kid they call me stuff like a "retard" and say I make their lives like a "living hell" and much worse. I don't know what to do because I haven't talked to my mom in a extremely long time because she said if I don't change myself she will hate me forever and I think she made it quite clear. My dad wants me to apologize to my mom for being "disrespectful" when all I told her is I cannot change and this is who I am.

Hey,

This sounds really tough and intense for you, and it's no wonder that this is getting you down. Your emotions around this are completely valid, and I just want to tell you how strong I think you are for being so open about all of this. I'm wondering, could you go and stay somewhere else for a while, like with some relatives perhaps until things calm down a little?Β 

I , first of all am sorry for my way of talking , I am told I can be quite blunt , crude and rude with people , so I'm sorry if it hurts you in anyway but I think , if you can manage to leave these parents as quickly as you can , it would be hard and it would be lonely and hurtful but it would be better than listening to them cursing you because they themselves aren't good enough , I'm not sure where or what situation you're in but if you can just try , I'm not saying to run away but like you know leave them . Like , manage some money and move out or try going for some educational scholarships in different city or country perhaps or maybe leave to find job then there will be a clear distance between you and them . I'm not sure If this helped you . Sorry again if it caused you harm then good , Its not my intentions. Also , I think your parents are toxicΒ 

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

This sounds really tough and intense for you, and it's no wonder that this is getting you down. Your emotions around this are completely valid, and I just want to tell you how strong I think you are for being so open about all of this. I'm wondering, could you go and stay somewhere else for a while, like with some relatives perhaps until things calm down a little?Β 

I'm not close with any of my relatives

4 hours ago, Not worth mentioning said:

I , first of all am sorry for my way of talking , I am told I can be quite blunt , crude and rude with people , so I'm sorry if it hurts you in anyway but I think , if you can manage to leave these parents as quickly as you can , it would be hard and it would be lonely and hurtful but it would be better than listening to them cursing you because they themselves aren't good enough , I'm not sure where or what situation you're in but if you can just try , I'm not saying to run away but like you know leave them . Like , manage some money and move out or try going for some educational scholarships in different city or country perhaps or maybe leave to find job then there will be a clear distance between you and them . I'm not sure If this helped you . Sorry again if it caused you harm then good , Its not my intentions. Also , I think your parents are toxicΒ 

no! that wasn't harsh at all thank you so much for the feedback. The thing is I am a minor so I am not like financially stable so I might have to wait until Im 18 to like move out and stuff. Yeah, the thing is my parents act toxic and then give me the silent treatment then later confront me in a "nice way" on why it was my mistake and never took any accountability for their actions, it's been happening for a while. Once again, thank you for your advice, much appreciated!

2 hours ago, mxhaxnaeem said:

I'm not close with any of my relatives

Hey,

I will send you a message to support you further. Speak soon.Β